PDA

View Full Version : Epic A-arms

DEVINF450R
05-19-2006, 07:08 PM
anyone have experience with epic a-arms? I hear good things about them, I just wish they had them in different colors. I saw them in Golden West's catalog and it is $1050 with elka piggy back shocks (standard travel).

calds650
05-19-2006, 08:24 PM
I am not happy with mine on my DS the right front wheel feel off lucky for me I was coming to a stop and it only took me 4 hrs to get it fix out in the dunes.

FUELATV
05-19-2006, 09:34 PM
Good luck ..... i think they may be out of business. Alot of people trying to get ball joints and parts. Nobody seems to be home?

calds650
05-20-2006, 06:15 AM
They due move there shop about ones a year.

05-23-2006, 10:21 AM
No they are not out of business. They are still in the same location they've been in and as for the ball joint issue they were shorted by the supplier on their order of ball joints which as I understand it, has been rectified.

The biggest issue with getting in touch with them, has been their concentration on working with BRP (CanAm) in R&D for the Renegade, and I would assume on the new 450 that the CanAm rep mentioned in a video interview. Not to mention handling the WORCS, BITD and SCORE racing program for BRP as well.

As it stands now, they are looking to expand their operational capabilities to be able to seperate the racing division and the production division to better serve both parties.

rob-u/21
05-23-2006, 06:53 PM
I would take other manufacturers into consideration before deciding on epic. I have heard, seen, and read things about their product and customer service that would make choose others instead of epic.

05-24-2006, 02:44 PM
Again, as has been stated before, Epic is a product manufacturer. Not a direct sale company.
When you purchase their products, you deal with the retailer and they deal with Epic. Just like you would do if you had any issue with FMF, or AC or any other aspect of your quad, you go to the retailer, and they handle it.

When it comes to suspension, people have gotten too accustomed to dealing direct with the builder. But when you handle racing operations for a factory supported race team, as well as R&D, you would never get things done if you got calls from every Tom, Dick and Harry that needs to know how to tinker with their arms.

Sadly, for every several hundred happy customers you have, you will find a Bill or Rob that crawls out of the woodwork to complain. Nevermind their relationships to others in the business that make it worth their while to complain.

As I see it, if Epic was as bad as a couple of these "experts" make it out to be, why would a major manufacturer utilize them in R&D and racing for the last few years, and as it looks now, years to come???

Who is handling all of Team Honda??? Suzuki??? Yamaha??? I don't see any of them utilizing any one company so I look as their endorsement as the biggest one to look at.

atcdad
05-24-2006, 03:10 PM
If EPIC cannot make the end customer happy .... who cares who they are making parts for or working with. Bombardie has not had any good racing resualts since the baja 2000, and the winning tean really had nothing to do with EPIC or Bombardie. Sounds like you are just tossing around some names to credit EPIC. Do you work for EPIC? You must be affiliated with them some way? If the customer cannot contact them how does the distributor contact them? Some secrete a-arm/balljoint hotline? I have called Golden West they said they cannot get ahold of EPIC and are blowing out all EPIC stuff. I have also tried ALBA they said they no longer deal with EPIC. So who else retails EPIC products......Please tell me? As far as compairing can/am, bombardie or what ever they are this week to honda , yamaha, or suzuki yeah right. Maybe their stuff is good , I cannot not say one way or the other,but i do know their customer service is crap. Seems like they have 2 guys working for EPIC and niether is ever there to pick up the phone or return calls .... hey must be out testing for the race division .... maybe not?

rob-u/21
05-24-2006, 04:07 PM
Last I heard even their retailers werent to happy with epics' way of doing business.

atcdad
05-24-2006, 04:18 PM
What retailers? thats my question?

DEVINF450R
05-25-2006, 08:58 AM
HMMM this doesn't sound too good to buy any epic stuff for racing now does it?

xsr_racing28c
05-25-2006, 09:58 AM
Here are my Epic Lt arms on my 450r..They are up for sale if anyone wants them.. They are actually really nice arms..

Chango
05-26-2006, 09:10 PM
My buddies Epics were ripped to shreads after the San Felipe 250.I think i would go with XRated or the Lone Star XC arms if i changed i have the lone star DC4 right now and they are tuff..

TBD
05-27-2006, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Chango
My buddies Epics were ripped to shreads after the San Felipe 250.I think i would go with XRated or the Lone Star XC arms if i changed i have the lone star DC4 right now and they are tuff.. Is your buddy Jason? If so he is one of the unfortunate ones that spent all day trying to get a hold of Epic (and he did try Golden West and Cycle Parts West and was told good luck) trying to get a new arm to replace the bent one. He ended up buying a set from me in which I changed my fixture to accomadate the shock length he already has (at least now it won't bottom to the frame, nice shock mount positioning). The arms that Rated X used to sell belong to V2 Products and Rated X was just putting there name on them. They are now only available through V2 Products or Fuel ATV.

Chango
05-27-2006, 03:24 PM
Yup thats the one..I haven't seen the ones you made him..

TBD
05-27-2006, 03:30 PM
Yup thats the one..I haven't seen the ones you made him..
He was the only TRX running them so it was pretty easy to figure out. Do you know if he had a chance to ride it yet?

Chango
05-27-2006, 05:09 PM
not yet but if i hear anything i'll let you know

TBD
05-27-2006, 05:16 PM
not yet but if i hear anything i'll let you know
He said he had a friend that had LSR arms that were 0" forward, is that your quad? He is going to like the way his quad steers much better then the +1" forward arms they sold him. He said your quad (if it is the one he was telling me about) steered way better then his did before.

Chango
05-28-2006, 10:36 AM
Thats me .I almost wadded his up when i came into a bermed turn about 70 when he had those Epics .I didn,t relize that it wouldn't turn.Almost wet myself..

Chango
05-30-2006, 07:52 PM
Dude you did a nice job on those arms makes me want to chuck my lone star ..he hasn't had a chance to ride yet because he screwed up his ankle at work.He said you were a real cool dude and wanted to help him set up his quad ..

TBD
05-30-2006, 08:12 PM
Dude you did a nice job on those arms makes me want to chuck my lone star ..he hasn't had a chance to ride yet because he screwed up his ankle at work.He said you were a real cool dude and wanted to help him set up his quad ..
Thanks. I heard he had messed up his ankle I didn't think it was that bad that he still hasn't rode his quad. I offered to do the alignment so I know it's the way I would set it up and then he would know what to look for if he has to set it up himself. Jason is a nice guy and I really felt bad about him having to buy a whole set of arms just because he couldn't get one replacement arm for his set. At least now it will turn and won't bottom against the frame. Thanks again.