PDA

View Full Version : FCR Install Questions....

bpimpdaddy21
05-19-2006, 06:18 PM
Hey guys,

I just got my FCR carb today. I got one off ebay, and it is off of a 2006 CRF450R, and it included all the hoses, and the throttle and hotstart cables. It is the 40mm FCR, with hotstart, etc., and I will be putting on my 2005 TRX450R. I have a couple of questions about the carb install.

1) Will the hotstart cable on the carb work with my quad? I have the ASV lever w/hotstart on the quad now, so I think it will work?

2) The FCR has two throttle cables coming out of the carb. One seems to pull the throttle, and the other seems to push the throttle. I am assuming I just unhook the one pushing the throttle, and hook up the cable pulling the throttle open. Yes?

3) Will the throttle cable from the CRF that is on the carb bolt right up to my thumb throttle, or will I need to use my stock throttle cable?

4) The TPS wires are the same colors in the reference gabe put together (86atc250r??), so I should be able to hook that up no problem. Just wondering if it is simple to just pull the wires out of the plug on the CRF TPS plug, and just put them into the stock TPS plug, I just wanted to remove the metal pins out of the plugs, and put them in the stock plug, so I do not have to splice.

5) Finally, the jetting in the carb right now is as follows:
168 Main
NCYQ needle 4th clip (middle)
42 Pilot
2 turns air screw
55 leak jet
Question is this a good start? I have a 45 pilot I was thinking of putting in, and I also have an OCFHN needle also that I could put in. For my mods, what would you think:
Rossier Exhaust (short can)
HRC Cam
K&N Filter w/EHS airbox lid
Dynatek Ignition
Kibblewhite valve springs
As a helper, my current jetting on the stock carb is:
185 Main
HRC Needle 3rd clip
stock pilot (I think I went up one, but can't remember)
and the plug looks great.

I have the Noss adapter coming, and also an SRP pilot screw in already, so with answers to these questions I should be good to go. Thanks in advance for your help!

Sorry for the long post! :rolleyes:

450rJam
05-20-2006, 05:39 AM
I think one of the cables may be for idle (the 06 450r has a remote idle adjustment on the frc)
I dont know about the rest sorry.
maybe if you get the part numbers for both some of them may
be the same.

bpimpdaddy21
05-20-2006, 02:16 PM
bump