PDA

View Full Version : Got A ?

hondamanex400
05-19-2006, 03:18 PM
Just this past weekend, i had to drill and tap out a header bolt, and had to remove my oil resovor. Well, when I went to un-do the drain bolt, the piece that the drain bolt goes into came out as well. What i was wondering is this a common thing to go wrong, or did i F-up? Also, I was wondering if anybody had a used one in good condition and nothing wrong with it for sale.

Thanks

Jeremy

JPhonda
05-19-2006, 05:01 PM
you can find cheap used ones for sale all over ebay. last time i checked for 400ex parts i think there was 5 oil tanks on there. Also that problem happens to a lot of people who over tighten the drain plug bolt when they reinstall it.

400exMO
05-20-2006, 10:29 AM
yeah thats common. Just get somebody to reweld it back up there. It'll be stronger then and won't break again like another one would.

hondamanex400
05-22-2006, 04:33 PM
Thanks, I would get one off of ebay, but i dont have a Pay-Pal account. Any idea how much welding it back together would cost?

400exMO
05-22-2006, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by hondamanex400
Thanks, I would get one off of ebay, but i dont have a Pay-Pal account. Any idea how much welding it back together would cost?
hardly anything.

underpowered
05-23-2006, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by hondamanex400

welding something small like that is cheap, just make sure you clean it out really well before hand, it would suck to catch on fire.