PDA

View Full Version : skid plate questions

tyler3400
05-19-2006, 02:45 PM
i do like 70% trail riding and plan to race XC so i know i shoudlr eally buy some skids for my stock ex.. i woudl liek to get full body inclusing the a0arm skids to.. only quesiton is are they really worth it? like when i do some mudding will these make it harder for me to celan quad and will mud and debri get caught and say inside them?also to change the oil will these have to be removed, i havent checked yet where the tank is but ive her don some quads you have to?

05-19-2006, 02:52 PM
get them...the hassle is less than the benefits...yes mud gets stuck in them, yes you can change your oil with them on...it just mught be a tad bit messier...don't really need a-arm plates though...i have them, not a mark on the them...

KingpinsEx
05-24-2006, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad
get them...the hassle is less than the benefits...yes mud gets stuck in them, yes you can change your oil with them on...it just mught be a tad bit messier...don't really need a-arm plates though...i have them, not a mark on the them...

Yea i agree 100% very good investment. Your undercarrage takes the most abuse of your whole quad and the stock skids are, lets say, less than adequate. The a-arms nerfs are a waste of cash though. Go with the full body and swing arm skid, you won't be sorry.

tyler3400
05-25-2006, 12:56 PM
alright im deffiently getting full body skida and swing arm very soo ans in less then a monmth i am tryign a xc reace.. whats some of the better brands that i wont have to bend back as much ?

05-25-2006, 01:09 PM
any for the engine skid should be fine...prm or armadillo for the swinger-make sure the swinger skid is at least a .250 or you will be bending it back after every ride...

idontknowwhoiam
05-31-2006, 10:11 PM
i orderd new engine skids and a-arms last week and they had not come in for this long weekend so i went up the moutian with out.....earlier today i noticed a pretty big "ding" in my frame and was pissed i didnt wait...get something in front too that will protect your oil res.

firefighterjosh
05-31-2006, 10:35 PM
I would go with the pro armor Belly skid and swing arm skid. I know there expensive and I never wanted to buy them but OMG:eek: They are thick and rugged. My GF has them on her KFX and I wish I would have gotten them. Easy to put on to.

KingpinsEx
06-03-2006, 06:35 AM
I wouldnt recommend Pro Armor, they might have a good fit on the Z but hondas are another story. I was sent the wrong model and my sisters 250ex didn't even have a bend to fit the frame. After about an hour of pounding and bending we mounted it up, but its ridiclous that you have to do that to a new product. It did look nice once mounted however...As for my 400ex i will have to do some cutting in order to mount it on mine, so im looking to return it for a PRM. I just had a bad experience with them...if you do get it for an ex though just remeber to order the nerf bar bend, even if you dont have them, so you could add them down the road. It is stuid to even make a model that does not allow space for nerfs, what was the purpose of that!

firefighterjosh
06-03-2006, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by KingpinsEx
I wouldnt recommend Pro Armor, they might have a good fit on the Z but hondas are another story. I was sent the wrong model and my sisters 250ex didn't even have a bend to fit the frame. After about an hour of pounding and bending we mounted it up, but its ridiclous that you have to do that to a new product. It did look nice once mounted however...As for my 400ex i will have to do some cutting in order to mount it on mine, so im looking to return it for a PRM. I just had a bad experience with them...if you do get it for an ex though just remeber to order the nerf bar bend, even if you dont have them, so you could add them down the road. It is stuid to even make a model that does not allow space for nerfs, what was the purpose of that!

WOWI also never had any problems with DG

idontknowwhoiam
06-06-2006, 07:24 PM
Well my DG skids came in today, and they bolted right up...prolly took me 20 mins to put the belly and both a-arms, i DID have to take my stock bumper off and cut and grind the bottom off of it because there is like a lip that comes up from the front of the skid that wouldnt clear the bumper...they look great