PDA

View Full Version : grip question

tyler3400
05-19-2006, 02:41 PM
ok so i got ne pair of grips for my stock ex bars.. the right one had a little but of grim on it but i left it went on really hard liek all my bike grips used to but the left one is totally the opposite..it slides on and of and twirls its a very loose fit.. at first when i told a few ppl this they thought maybe i got twist grip pair but i know i dindt.. how can i ge tthe left one to stay on let alone not twist. right now jsut so i cna ride i have zip ties on it but they loook really bad and dont work good at all..would jsut using grip glue help or?

boricua
05-19-2006, 03:03 PM
sounds like you do have a twist grip on. take the other grip off and trade them in for the right ones. if thats not an option, you can try gluing and tie some safety wire around them.....not sure how much that would help though..............

miller821
05-19-2006, 03:06 PM
No, I doubt you got twist throttle grips... But just wrap one or two layers of duct tape around your bars, and slide the grip over it... Thats what I did, it works fine and can't even see the duct tape.

tyler3400
05-19-2006, 03:27 PM
alright ill give that a try thanks, thats a lot liek wut i was thinking but dindt wanna waste my time if it didnt work.

jrm03
05-21-2006, 04:41 PM
put some electrical tape on backwards with the sticky side up and then put some zippo lighter fluid on the tape and put the grips on..

4fifty
05-23-2006, 02:37 PM
make sure you got the right grips. both the grips should have the same size hole. if one is big and one is small, they are for a dirt bike. get two that are the same. then go to the hardware store and get some safety wire. go home hit the bar and inside of the grip with wd-40 so they slide on easy. two pieces of safety wire per grip. one towards the inside and one towards the end. wrap it around. pull the strands even. grab the ends with pliers and twist it up til it reaches the grip. cut it off when about 6 twists are left in it. then fold it up into the grip. youll never feel it . and they will stay on. fur shizz