PDA

View Full Version : 400 ex mods?

Happy Dad
05-19-2006, 03:17 AM
I have a new 05 400 ex.

If you could do 1 or 2 mods to give it more giddyup what would you do.

Money is a concern. I'm still somewhat in the doghouse for buying the thing.

Thanks,
Happy Dad

exrider23
05-19-2006, 04:58 AM
Well if money is a concern i would go with a K& N filter with the outerwears pre filter.

Then if you could afford it get a nice slip -on. I have the HMF sport series and i love it!

05-19-2006, 05:18 AM
gt thunder or derisi racing can revavle your rear shock and get their linkage...makes a world of difference...then tr an sneak on some front elka rec series shocks...assuming you aren't going to race...that will make you faster on the the bike as it will handle a lot better...then do a steering damner...it will put you in better control...i did exhaust and intake mods on mine before i did the suspenion work...i saw more improvement from the suspension work than form the intake/exhuast mods...

to say that another way, the intake/exhuast mods made a world of difference, but the suspension didn't allow me to fully use the gains form them. having slightly upgraded the suspension, i can now go faster and get the added power to the ground and have more control over the bike...

94F450SD
05-19-2006, 06:13 AM
air filter,slip on HMF,stage 1 hotcam and a jet kit

miller821
05-19-2006, 06:27 AM
An exhaust, and sprocket.... Or suspension is always good, but pretty pricy.

ELewandowski
05-19-2006, 07:44 AM
I would go with a slip-on like and e-series and a new front sprocket, you will feel a big difference.

krt400ex
05-19-2006, 09:56 AM
go with a curtis sparks X-4. that gives you more bottom end and more power through the whole spread. k&n filter, jet kit, outerwears cover, aftermarket cam. it all helps, but at least put on a slip-on first because if you feed the engine more air with the stock pipe the engine won't be able to breathe right and the other things won't help.