PDA

View Full Version : ***Near Death Experiences***

Titanium
05-18-2006, 09:09 PM
have any of you guys had any near death experiences? post your story if so. everybody already knows my story so...

Nick110
05-19-2006, 04:36 AM
I got one..

It was me, my brother, my mom, my friends dad, and 3 friends. We were coming back from a race in my friends huge RV. We were also towing a trailor with 4 quads on it. On the way back there is a good size hill that you have to go down to get into this town. Well we were going down it and all of a sudden we see a stop light and an intersetion. My friends dad slams on the brakes, but the engine brake on, and he realizes that there is now way in hell were going to stop. Well we had a red light and we just kept on going. You also have to make a pretty sharp turn. He goes through the redlight and we just sneak in beyween to cars that had a green light and it felt like the RV was gonna tip.

I thought for sure we were F'ed. But somehow we all came out alive and no one got hurt.

05-19-2006, 05:35 AM
i survived a tornado when i was 12...while in a tornado, you black out from lack of oxygen...i remeber going through the wall of our home to be outside before i blacked out...when i came to, i was rolling ont ht ground and a huge tree was falling out of the sky..somehow it landed beside me and i rolled into it instead of under it. One of my best friends, along with his mother and father were killed.

one neighbor, who had a bird farm and was feeding his birds, was hit in the head witha cement block. as we made our way acrossed his property to the main highway for help, i could see his wife trying to hold his scalp on his head...many stitches later, he is still alive today.

acrossed the main road from that place, was a farm. the animals were a mess...there was a cow that had a 2x4 through its midsection, a horse that was missing it rear legs, a pig that was cut in half...

05-19-2006, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by speedyquad
a horse that was missing it rear legs, a pig that was cut in half...

thats when you shoulda stopped :ermm:

05-19-2006, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by Marshmello
thats when you shoulda stopped :ermm:

oh, believe me, i candy coated those

250rider1
05-19-2006, 06:39 AM
Me and my friend were bein stupid one night and we asked his mom is we could ride in the back of the truck. SHe said no so we asked if we could walk the rest of the way home. SHe said that was fine so we get outta the truck at an intersection and grab on to the tail gate and right as we try to jump in the truck she takes off not knowing that we are holding on. We thought she knew so we held on and she just kept speeding up until i couldnt run anymore and i started to drag my feet but i was holdin myself up so my legs didnt touch the asphalt. she went for about half a mile and got up to about 50 mph before realizing that just my friend had made it into the back of the truck and that i was hanging on the tailgate. ONE OF THE STUPIDEST THINGS IVE DONE AND IM NOT EVER DOIN IT AGAIN!!!!!

DaleJrFan
05-19-2006, 07:04 AM
I have had 4 near death experiences, each time Jeff Gordon wins another cup!

rbgnwa45
05-19-2006, 07:42 AM
A couple weeks ago I was running (double stepping) up my stairs with a glass of pop. On the last step, some spilled and I almost did one of those bannana-peel slips and fell straight back. If I didn't catch 2 fingers onto my railing in the split second I had, I'm sure I wouldn't be here. My feet kept slipping out from under me and I found myself laying down on my back pointed down the stairs. Scary. Coca-cola almost got me serious injuried or dead.

suck my pipe
05-19-2006, 07:43 AM
I was riding down a trail in like 5th gear on my 400, some ***** put a little bump jump type thing right in the middle of the trail around a blind turn. I come up to it see it and theres no time for me to react at all cause i was just crusin around sitting down and all. Next thing I know im ragdoll style over the handle bars, i tryd to catch my self on the ground and it snaped my right arm in half, then the quad landed on me and drug me maybe 20ft and knocked me unconcious for like 10minutes. I had stage thee concussion, any thing worse your brain dead.

underpowered
05-19-2006, 08:32 AM
going up to silver lake dunes riding about 5 years ago. Driveing my dads 1991 chevy suburban hauling a 20' box trailer with 6 quads and all kinda of other gear. it way about midnight and we were on I-75 just past before the michigan border. when a cross wind caught the truck and trailer and whipped it sideways. a buddy driving behind us said he saw the headlights of the truck twice. how we kept it from rolling is beyond me. we had the whole rig sidways across 3 lanes and the emergency strips, the trailer tires were actually in the dirt at one point. needless to say at the next exit we decided to call it a night and wait till the next morning to finish our trip.

rbgnwa45
05-19-2006, 09:24 AM
Your rig probably didn't flip because you say the tires were on dirt...if it was on the pavement...:eek2:

NorCalRacer
05-19-2006, 09:28 AM
I used to have an '81 honda 900 cafe. I decided it would be OK to drive home drunk:rolleyes: :confused: :confused:
Yeah, I'm a dumbass. I made it, the bike was totalled....

Jake250ex
05-19-2006, 08:53 PM
1) doing about 70mph at a dragstip on my banshee, get to the end and fat boy is trying to do donuts in the middle of the dragstrip on his 450r

2) surgeons overdoesed me on drugs I was allergic to

enduro400rider
05-19-2006, 09:27 PM
well i had one today, probably not near death but i about **** my pants. i skiped school today to drop my GF off at a college. on the way back i was alone it was about 9:30 i was getting onto the high way i was on the on-ramp with 2 cars in front of me, all three of us were haulin some *** doin about 80-85. as im coming down the ramp a car already on the high way looses a hub cap and i see it rolling in front of the 1st of the three cars. the first car swerves it second car i think cliped it, i see it fly up in the air (im still doin a good 80) its coming torwards my windsheild, there was no way in hell i was gonna let that him my brand new car, i didnt have much time to react so i jerk the wheel over into the other lane. i barly miss the cap. well a good jerk at 80 sent the rear end out. now im sliding down the road goin 80 sides ways. i over corrected the slide a little bit so now im sliding the other way. i finnaly got it corrected and went on my way. there was a guy in a van changing a flat about 100 yards up from the ramp i though he was gonna $hit a brick when he saw that.

Bullitt
05-19-2006, 10:32 PM
near death or near coma:

Last year I had two trees fall on top of me hitting me on the head. One was my falut because I was trying to climb it and it snapped. I fell to the ground and it fell on my head. #2 I was standing underneath a tree that was on of two I had to push my quad through (it was not a wide enough space to ride through) when all of a sudden the top quarter of the tree came crashing down on my head (I was not wearing a helmet at the time- that woud also be concussion number 2 for the year)
#3 I am working at a High rise (electrical work). Last summer a plumber dropped a 5 inch cast iron elbow off of the 14th floor missing my head by about a half a foot from where I was standing on the main floor. This was soon followed by a smaller 2 inch elbow and some other crap.

This is a small taste of how bad last year was for me. To end it in November I severly seperated my Shoulder and two weeks after that dislocated 3 ribs in my back. Put me off work for a month and a half. What a great year it was!:confused:

tp300ex
05-19-2006, 10:39 PM
when i was 4 i drowned and they said i died for like 3 mins:confused:

underpowered
05-20-2006, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by rbgnwa45
Your rig probably didn't flip because you say the tires were on dirt...if it was on the pavement...:eek2: actually we we probably more likely to flip with tires in teh dirt than on pavement, easier fot that much weight to dig into the ground and bite than dig into pavemetn and bite.

prepracing
05-20-2006, 02:02 PM
well there was this one time at band camp...........:blah:

05-20-2006, 02:39 PM
one day i was......... i forgot:ermm:

<DRS>GPF
05-20-2006, 08:16 PM
i drowned and was revived when i was about 4 or 5.. been a while.. i still remember seeing the surface of the water get farther away..
i guess i was out for a few minutes, cpr the whole bit .. woke up in the middle of a crowd, got up and wanted to go down the water slide again.. i really dont remember much more.. been a long, long time ago..

had some close calls on street bikes during my testosterone years..
the absolute closest "see my life" one...

i was living in jersey and coming home to visit family in illinois.. i was on a nighthawk550 and absolutely blazing on the westbound pennsy turnpike.. theres a set of tunnels as you come to west virginia..
i was laid down, feet on the back pegs, chinguard on the tank with the throttle pinned.. 130mph and climbing.. passed a car just before the break in between tunnels.. it looked like it was sitting still..
*my hearts racing as i remember it all..*
as i entered the second tunnel the bike seemed light.. i blazed for a few hundred yards or so, then suddenly the tach pegged..
i remember having enough time to think "thats wierd??.. i wonder what happened??.." ..
in that instant, i felt the bike shift to the side..
the rear had come loose.. i knew i was going to die..

i rolled down the throttle and drifted toward the left wall until i got below 100mph, then leaned up and started braking.. i had it shutdown by the time id gotten a hundred feet out of the tunnel..
shaking like a leaf, heart pounding so hard the people in the car mustve seen it.. stupid stupid boy..

squeak..

thank you my guardian angel of the young, dumb and full of c*m..
ive always thought it was road oil/exhaust in the tunnel..

that was my adrenaline limit for a long time..