PDA

View Full Version : 06 Fan Direct Wire

Shawn Hess
05-18-2006, 08:55 PM
Has anyone directly wired thier fan on an 06 so that it will run the whole time that the bike is running. If so did you make it so that the motor has to be running and not just the key on so that it doesnt pull on your battery? I am going to do this and thought I would ask so I knew what wires to wire to.

05-19-2006, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Shawn Hess
Has anyone directly wired thier fan on an 06 so that it will run the whole time that the bike is running. If so did you make it so that the motor has to be running and not just the key on so that it doesnt pull on your battery? I am going to do this and thought I would ask so I knew what wires to wire to.

we did this on my 05, if you need to kno how to do it on the 06 we can tell you how, we can do it with your key on or bike running, just let us know

One_Bad_400
05-19-2006, 01:05 PM
why would you do that? they already dont run hot and your oosing power if its always running

Shawn Hess
05-19-2006, 01:10 PM
In cross country races that are muddy or even not I want it on to keep my engine cooler when it is being run hard, and I wont have to worry about it not coming on and getting hot. A cooler engine puts out more horsepower, and the little that will be lost for it running is very minimal.

Shawn Hess
05-19-2006, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Yurik Norton
we did this on my 05, if you need to kno how to do it on the 06 we can tell you how, we can do it with your key on or bike running, just let us know

Thanks, I would like it to run only when the engine is running so that it wont run the battery down.

4ABURN
05-19-2006, 03:27 PM
IF the fan is on than the rad is cold but the engine is the same temp UNLESS you put a cooler thermastat in.IF you want the engine cooler thats what I would do.,other wise you are just cooling down the rad. my fan runs very!!!! little.:)

jshtex
05-19-2006, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by 4ABURN
IF the fan is on than the rad is cold but the engine is the same temp UNLESS you put a cooler thermastat in.IF you want the engine cooler thats what I would do.,other wise you are just cooling down the rad. my fan runs very!!!! little.:)

Either I am not following you (which is definatly possible) or you are not making a lot of sence. Can you explain this a little better. Are you talking about a thermostat that will turn the fan on sooner or??

Johnny B
05-20-2006, 10:33 AM
the fans on these bikes are not made to run 24-7, i understand what you mean when you say that running tha fan all the time will increase power and keep the machine cooler but i dont think it is good for the fan motor.

j_cyrus3
05-20-2006, 10:52 AM
Wire it straight, don't worry about what these guys say. Shawn you're right, I would definately rather my motor be cool than hot with the fan kicking on and off. Mine is wired to run all the time, has been for 2 years, my fan motor hasn't went bad yet. Anyways, if it does go bad, I have got my use out of it, they're only about 50$ to replace

Shawn Hess
05-20-2006, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Yurik Norton

Please tell me how to do this on the 06 so that I can save a lot of time testing and searching for the right wires to direct wire the fan so that it only works when the engine is running.

05-21-2006, 08:47 PM
sorry, we were at a race this weekend, i will look in the manual and let you kno, ill message you this week sometime if not earlier

h-bomb450R
05-21-2006, 09:01 PM
yurik you said that you did this to your 05. I'd like to do it to mine also. could you tell me how?

Austin

Shawn Hess
05-21-2006, 09:05 PM
Austin yours is simple I can do it for you in know time, and Im pretty sure I have the 06 figured out. Hopefully Yurik can verify it with me.

4ABURN
05-22-2006, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by jshtex
Either I am not following you (which is definatly possible) or you are not making a lot of sence. Can you explain this a little better. Are you talking about a thermostat that will turn the fan on sooner or??

Sorry to take so long to get back to you on this . Really it like a car if it has a 180 dece thermastat in it it runs at 180 if you take that one out and put a 160 in there it will run at 160. If you left the 180 in and wired the electric fan on the car to run all the time the motor would still run at 180. I hope this makes sents to you guys. thats what I have been told my whole life.:D

Just a side thought if you took out the thermastat and ran it like a CRF than wiring the fan on oll the time would make a big differance. but I would not recomend it. AS it would take a long time to warm up.(BIG RAD):D

05-22-2006, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Shawn Hess
Austin yours is simple I can do it for you in know time, and Im pretty sure I have the 06 figured out. Hopefully Yurik can verify it with me.

just let me know and we can check it over for you, as for the 05, that is super simple, basically you just ground it out, you can either do it on the temp thing by the thermostat or you can ground it out under the hood(which is what we did) borich runs his grounded by the thermostat on the front of the motor

Shawn Hess
05-22-2006, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the info