PDA

View Full Version : awsome drum solo from a 12yr old..

<DRS>GPF
05-18-2006, 08:08 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5666429598115503824&q=drum+solo

400exrules
05-18-2006, 08:19 PM
infreakin credible.......thats nuts:eek2:

hawaiiansupaman
05-18-2006, 08:42 PM
wow boys got a future//

2002400ex
05-18-2006, 09:34 PM
Drum solo
Drum solos
7 min 56 sec - Jan 4, 1977

^ thats been a few years...

<DRS>GPF
05-19-2006, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by 2002400ex
Drum solo
Drum solos

yes it has been some time but its still great... by now, he's probably selling crack between terms..

Rico400
05-19-2006, 10:55 AM
ya that kid( well older guy now) has mad skills. i think drums are actually one of the harder instraments to play. and for this kid to sound like that is incredible

ill never ever be able to sound like that and i play alot

rbgnwa45
05-19-2006, 11:20 AM
Damn. That's crazy fast & accurate. I have a set, and I just got sweet new hi-hats. I've had drums since grade 1 and I'm still basic and I play almost everyday for about a half hour. After about 5 minutes of playing straight, your palms get sweaty and a stick goes flying. I got a bunch of sticks for xmas, too.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5225198386761660932&q=drum+solo

dude from slipknot. IMO, better than the kid.

coolex
05-19-2006, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by <DRS>GPF
yes it has been some time but its still great... by now, he's probably selling crack between terms..

u suggest hes selling crack because hes black? what the hell is wrong with you are u sick u racist bast**d

na im jk your problay right lol
:D

QuadManKev
05-19-2006, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by 2002400ex
Drum solo
Drum solos

haha except for the fact that the date is very inaccurate. i dont know how thats possible considering hes about 21 now? ya that was the video of when he won the Guitar Center Drum-Off when he was 12. It was only like 9 or 10 years ago. It definately wasn't in 1977. And for any other drum guys on here, he just released a new DVD and I highly recommend it because its insane.

QuadManKev
05-19-2006, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by rbgnwa45
Damn. That's crazy fast & accurate. I have a set, and I just got sweet new hi-hats. I've had drums since grade 1 and I'm still basic and I play almost everyday for about a half hour. After about 5 minutes of playing straight, your palms get sweaty and a stick goes flying. I got a bunch of sticks for xmas, too.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5225198386761660932&q=drum+solo

dude from slipknot. IMO, better than the kid.

Joey is an alright drummer. Hes actually one of the fastest hard rockers out there. IMO hes just somewhat fast, and thats what gets him noticed. The reason I say somewhat is because he lost the Worlds Fastest Drummer Competition to a bunch of guys, including Travis Barker whom I believe got 2nd?

Travis Barker is one of the greatest modern drummers in my eyes. Hes got rhythm, skill, stage presence, speed, and all that good stuff.

As for style, Thomas Lang wins it HANDS DOWN. I recommend you guys watch him play. I will post up a video of him soon so you guys can see him jam.

trick250r
05-19-2006, 04:17 PM
ok, i guess you caould say my drumming career is my "part time job" with me playing gigs and everything just local. so everything i'm about to say, i do have experience and know what i'm talking about. ok. the kid has chops (the ability to move your hands, feet, ect.. very fast and clean) i like a lot of his licks that he plays, but he doesn't know how to transition between them. i really like his double bass pedal chops, but i think everyone today goes right to double bass and doesn't worry about their right foot chops enough. in other words, i'd like to see him play w/o the double bass pedal. i'm not trying to flame him, but there's just little things that he needs to pick up, but yes, he does have a future. as far as one of the best drummers today, no way. IMO, carter beuford (sp?) from DMB is the best in the world. followed closely by dave weckl and steve smith. http://www.vicfirth.com/artists/weckl.html
go to the bottom and click on solo excerpt. dave's transitions are just so smoothe and clean. this is the kind of stuff this kid needs to work on.

also, travis barker, joey jordison (slipknot)... they both have amazing chops. but i gurantee you that if you tried to get them to play a little jazz, where chops only do a little for you, they coldn't do it. drumming is all about coordination and slipknot music and stuff like that really takes no coordination. music like jazz, latin, or even DMB type of rock takes a lot more coordination. the stuff that really takes talent.

greaseball
05-19-2006, 04:24 PM
greatest drummer ever= neil pert
hands down

and if anyone says danny karry is i will rage

trick250r
05-19-2006, 04:29 PM
sorry, i did forget to name neil pert. he is amazing as well. but, i also forgot to name buddy rich. the best forever. if you look at to conemporary drummers, they all scratch licks from buddy. he used the first double bass pedal. his righ hand and foot. vic firth has a vid of him doing a solo with that in it. he's just so amazing to watch.

rmz250
05-19-2006, 07:20 PM
He was alright, personally I think my friend Mike of western ny who is better than that when he was 12. This kid is amazing at druming. He won the most talented kid award in wny. Now he is going places.

STEVENJANNA
05-19-2006, 08:14 PM
You guys are nuts!!!! The 2 greastest drummers are Dave Weckyl and Virgil Donante. If you don't know who they are then not only do you not play drums, you probably don't know the difference between a bass drum and a bass guitar. Buddy Rich, Gene Krupa, Tony Williams were all inovators and were great in there time but just because they were the first doesn't mean they are the best. Neil Peart???? Please and Danny Carrey is good (but one dimensional).

05-19-2006, 08:42 PM
i vote travis barker :D

stoled_400_:(
05-19-2006, 08:58 PM
the guy from mastodon is damn good, imo, and as far as the double bass goes the mithras drummer is crazy fast, but i think he uses triggers....

QuadManKev
05-22-2006, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by trick250r

also, travis barker, joey jordison (slipknot)... they both have amazing chops. but i gurantee you that if you tried to get them to play a little jazz, where chops only do a little for you, they coldn't do it. drumming is all about coordination and slipknot music and stuff like that really takes no coordination. music like jazz, latin, or even DMB type of rock takes a lot more coordination. the stuff that really takes talent.

yes. carter is an amazing drummer and a great guy. i had the chance to meet him this past year and hes pretty cool. as far as travis goes, he is not only my favorite drummer, but i think he is one of the greatest MODERN rockers. and as far as jazz and all that, i completely agree with you on that one, except for the barker part. considering he started out with jazz, then ska, then punk. but as far as joey jordison and those guys, they couldnt do jazz or anything of that nature to save their lives, IMO