PDA

View Full Version : 400 ex stock suspension adj.

tyler3400
05-18-2006, 07:08 PM
ok so i gopt my 03 400 ex bout a week ago and have been getting used ot it and doing a lot of riding on the track.. i know with the front suspension how to adjsut it but the back is where im confused.. i see where u can turn the spring like on threads and i understand what that does but on the resevoir the only thing i see to adjsut is this little screew type thign it says one way for H and other for S is there any other adjustments i can do to the shock?thanks

armysig
05-18-2006, 09:42 PM
There are 2 screws on the left rear shock. One is near the top and one is on the bottom.

The top is your compression. "H" stands for Hard "S" stands for soft. What this means is if you have it hard the stiffer your shock will be. If you have it more to the S the softer your shock will be.

Now on the bottom screw you will see the same thing. BUT this is for REBOUND. How fast the shock will extend. It is labled H and S also. But if you look at most after market shocks it will be F or S= Fast(H) or Slow.
Slow rebound would be for Whoops or other multi jumps, Fast (H)would be for single big jumps.

What I did was screw the top one all the way to H. Then make half turns. count each one until you can't turn it. It should be about a 6 or 7 count. I then when back to H and set it to 3 turns. Or Medium of H and S
I also did the same for the bottom one.

Once I did this I went out on the track and kept mental note of how my shock was doing. It's also good to have a friend to watch your shock. If it's to hard or soft make quarter turns on the screws, I found this to be a good way of fine tuning my Compression and Rebound.

The 400EX shock is one of the better shocks out there to work with. You can even send it in to a company like GT Thunder and Laz will respring and valve it to your height, weight, and riding style. This will then turn your Stock shock in to a bad *** piece of equipment.

tyler3400
05-19-2006, 01:13 PM
thank you very much or explainging this all to me.. i really appreciate it.. this is first bike that has had adjustable shocks like this and i was pretty confused but not ne more..thanks