PDA

View Full Version : Supplements

400exrules
05-18-2006, 06:42 PM
what weight lifting supplements do you guys use? im thinkin about gettin jug of powder whey protein.

zeppelin
05-18-2006, 06:44 PM
i take creatine and whey protein, i dont really notice a difference with the protein, but the creatine for sure makes a huge difference.

miller821
05-18-2006, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by zeppelin
i take creatine and whey protein, i dont really notice a difference with the protein, but the creatine for sure makes a huge difference.
Same here... I take the Protein shakes, and can't tell much of a difference but I know its working... And when I just take Creatine it helps quite a bit.

400exrules
05-18-2006, 06:54 PM
what do u mean........do u recover quicker, get bigger, lift more???

05-18-2006, 11:32 PM
Cytosport Whey 100% protein

chocolate shake :blah: (taste better then chocolate milk!)

hondardr4life
05-19-2006, 04:30 AM
I'd stay away from creatine. But thats just me. Just stick to 100% whey protein, its safer, and just more proven. Drink 1 glass before you lift, and 1 after. Or just 2 after. The stuff I have, has 20grams of protein per serving, so I would alwaus drink 2, so I could get 40g.

sakirocket28
05-19-2006, 05:25 AM
I have been wondering the same thing about creatine, what kinda differences do you notice if you have a steady wheight training program?

zeppelin
05-19-2006, 05:47 AM
when i take creatine i am able to lift more weight, with better... umm i gues you would call it form maybe, each lift is less sloppy. i can do more work outs in the same day, and i think i do recover faster. read up on how it works its pretty interesting. oh and btw what have you guys ever heard about it that would make you think it was bad. i did ALOT of research on this stuff before i stated taking it and i could find one bad thing about it.

EDIT: i figured that i would also add that most people use it after they hit a pleteau in their workouts (sp?) and they are unable to get a gain for a couple of weeks. and that creatine is natural in any kind of meat, it helps your body produce more atp. which is what our cells use for energy. it is just in such small amounts in steak or chicken that it would be difficult to eat enough of it to get a suffecient amount of creatine.

Rdhanded2
05-19-2006, 10:25 AM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=229536

ELewandowski
05-19-2006, 12:15 PM
Whey protien is great to take after a workout, helps you recover. I have a protien shake every moring instead of coffee, just cause it makes me feel good. Creatine is good if your having problems putting on mass. But it only works for so long. Ephedrine is great if you lift a lot and if your over 18. But its horrible if you do cardio, it can be bad for your heart. I would stick with portien and creatine, and gnc mega mens multi vitamin.

MR.BIG
05-19-2006, 12:39 PM
I just got done with a cycle of size-on from gaspari nutrition which I didn't notice any big gains. My next cycle will be Nitro-tec and cell-tech from muscletech this will give you great strength gaines and a better drive to get more reps. Creatine is not bad for you either so if you believe it is show me proof. Get Big:macho

tater_kamik
05-19-2006, 04:47 PM
muscle milk and no xplode are two great supplements that i have used