PDA

View Full Version : +5 stroker

fast raptor
05-18-2006, 04:25 PM
i am thinking of buying a +5 rod for my shee, i am wondering if i will have to buy special pistons or i could just use normal wiesco ones, also what kind of power will it give me with the right port. right now i got k&n filter t5's pipes and v-force reeds.

robjohn74
05-18-2006, 09:01 PM
my buddy has a 5mill with 35.5mm pj carbs cpi pipes v-force reeds dune port k&n ..and runs on Alky and he is running 90 hp

and on the pistons i am not sure...

fast raptor
05-18-2006, 09:04 PM
i dont want to run alky, i could maby run race fuel but i dont want to.

fastbanshee4u
05-25-2006, 05:22 AM
wiseco makes a piston for this set up.I think it is the 795 series piston.

Meat
05-26-2006, 06:23 PM
you guys are just a tad confused. Stroker cranks come in 4mm, 7mm and 10mm. They increase the stroke of the crank. Now the 5mm you are talking about is not stroke, but rod length. 5mm is the standard increase in rod length. Rod length is different than stroke. Engines with the 5mm longer rod are called.... Long rod motors and they do require special pistons. And yep, Wiseco 795 is the pistons you'll need for a longrod crank.

Your wondering what kinda power the longrod crank will give you. It won't give you any more horsepower, but it will broaden out the powerband slightly. The main advantage of a long rod crank is the rod angle puts less side load on the pistons, increasing engine life\reliability. Most, if not all stroker cranks come with long rods. The longer stroke puts more side load on the pistons than a standard stroke crank would. So long rods are highly recommended on a stroker crankshaft. Also wanna say that the long rod cranks will allow the pistons to dwell at TDC and BDC a hair longer, this will inhance your low end power somewhat.

Long rod motors won't rev as fast as a standard length rod motor.

Hope this help\makes sense.:)

-denny

firefighterjosh
05-26-2006, 06:37 PM
Get rid of the T-5s Get some CPIs!!!!

86350x
05-29-2006, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Meat
you guys are just a tad confused. Stroker cranks come in 4mm, 7mm and 10mm. They increase the stroke of the crank. Now the 5mm you are talking about is not stroke, but rod length. 5mm is the standard increase in rod length. Rod length is different than stroke. Engines with the 5mm longer rod are called.... Long rod motors and they do require special pistons. And yep, Wiseco 795 is the pistons you'll need for a longrod crank.

Your wondering what kinda power the longrod crank will give you. It won't give you any more horsepower, but it will broaden out the powerband slightly. The main advantage of a long rod crank is the rod angle puts less side load on the pistons, increasing engine life\reliability. Most, if not all stroker cranks come with long rods. The longer stroke puts more side load on the pistons than a standard stroke crank would. So long rods are highly recommended on a stroker crankshaft. Also wanna say that the long rod cranks will allow the pistons to dwell at TDC and BDC a hair longer, this will inhance your low end power somewhat.

Long rod motors won't rev as fast as a standard length rod motor.

Hope this help\makes sense.:)

-denny

From what I understand, anything over a pluss 4 is hard to port for. And alot of people can't ever seem to dial there's in.:confused:

If it were me, I'd have a reputable builder port my motor for my riding style. And either get your stock head milled and rechambered, or a cool head. T5's are good all around pipes, and don't stick out and burn your legs like cpi's do. Cpi's do make more peak power, but the big bulge makes em pretty much strickly a drag pipe IMO.

Both will work with porting though.