PDA

View Full Version : nasty oil coming out of motor...

DVXchic
05-18-2006, 01:27 PM
Well, we need some help, Has anyone had this happen to their YFZ. It started doing this a while ago, we tore the motor down and in the process of the rebuild replaced the impeller shaft and seal, everything else in the motor looked good and tight. It was running great, I noticed crap all over the swingarm so we pulled the hose off and found more of this:confused: . We already know its antifreeze and oil, but we need to know why. we drained the oil from the motor and it was a little milky but not even close to what came from the hose. Help us please. heres a few pics so u get the idea.

DVXchic
05-18-2006, 01:29 PM
Heres another of the motor

DVXchic
05-18-2006, 01:32 PM
and another of how chitty the oil looks

kendog57
05-18-2006, 02:07 PM
you may have a blown head gasket or you have a gasket let water into your motor or somehow water is getting in.

later kenny

bad01300ex
05-18-2006, 08:54 PM
that deff doesnt look good:eek2:

i would find out what is the problem before riding anymore:eek2:

d3ktrix
05-19-2006, 09:59 AM
Is the bike low on coolant?

In a car this would be a sign of a blown head gasket, dunno if the head on a quad is the same as a car tho in the way it seals on.

If the bike is low on coolant then you know its antifreeze getting into your oil and there is a bad seal somewhere, if not, did you submerg your airbox or something?

Ive never seen oil that white in my life, what ever its mixed with, its a lot of it :P

dshfearh
05-19-2006, 11:36 AM
check the water jackets too. i thought mine was the head gasket until i checked the water jackets and found a crack.

racemx
05-20-2006, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by dshfearh
check the water jackets too. i thought mine was the head gasket until i checked the water jackets and found a crack.

mabe your water pump seal is bad and it making it go into the motor :ermm:

dshfearh
05-20-2006, 10:48 AM
nah i dont have this problem now. but yeah the water pump seal was the first thing i checked along with the head gasket. finally after the third time i decided it would be smart to check the water jackets and whatta ya know?

DVXchic
05-22-2006, 11:17 AM
It has a new head gasket and waterpump seal, but we have never checked the water jacket, so i guess thats a good place to go next. Thanks for all your input, its much appreciated.