PDA

View Full Version : Track Changes at the Proving Grounds

dan harris
05-18-2006, 08:06 AM
Well My big loader is back from the shop and I've been out making changes. On the Upper track (the track by the blacktop parking area) Before the jump by the bleachers was a 40' table top that is now a 45' step up. Then after the bleacher jump is the camelback jump (formerly the big double out of the turn) well after that is the "second double" I just built that landing ramp up and stretched it out longer so its not so easy to over shoot.

The double all the way in the back of that track that I made into a table top a few weeks back just got a new takeoff lip that will send you a little higher. You won't need to hit it so fast to get over it. A few weeks ago I added a small set of double double next to a table top giving you an option. Well now that double double is just one double thats about medium size 45' .

I'm heading to the Kids track today to make some major changes. Making the track a good bit longer.

Keep in mind Memorial Day we are having Kids Quad Races and Adult and Kids Pit Bike Races on the Kids track. We will race Kids Quads up to 200cc. Blasters I wanna see Ya. Were giving away our first ever plaques !!

..............Help spread the word !!

I'll post more changes and some pics here later.

Pappy
05-18-2006, 08:39 AM
We will probably slip up there this afternoon when the boy gets outta school for some laps before this weeknds race.

Ill be sure to get some pics:D

JRP
05-18-2006, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
We will probably slip up there this afternoon when the boy gets outta school for some laps before this weeknds race.

Ill be sure to get some pics:D

what pappy taking pics?!!?!?! ive never herd of such a thing. lmao, cant wait to see them. Get some pictures of the new step up pappy. Cant wait till memorial day weekend.:devil:

dan harris
05-19-2006, 05:30 AM
Looking forward to seeing you and Cody.

Didn't get the Kids track done. Had a later start then I wanted then the Loader broke down around 7pm. They didn't tighten the sprocket wheel good and all the bolts backed out and broke off throwing the track. $10,000 in repairs and it didn't last the day. The shop is sending out 2 guys this morning to see about getting it back together.

I did get enough done that you can tell its going to make the kids track 100% better. I know the kids track was already awesome but now its alot bigger with 2 new table tops the size of the big one on the back straight. A long straightaway and 2 new nicely bermed turns.

As long as they can fix the loader today I'll have the Kids track wrapped up by morning.

We are having even more mulch / sawdust being delivered today, we are expecting at least 15 loads.

.............more changes to be posted later.

05-19-2006, 06:01 AM
wow sounds like an awesome track how is it for bikes

Pappy
05-19-2006, 01:47 PM
Dan, sorry about not making it up, I ended up working late.

And that sucks about the Dozer:mad: We leave in an hour for a race in Virginia...we may try and shoot up sunday evening to check out the changes if I cant get Cody to run another race on sunday.

dan harris
05-19-2006, 08:30 PM
Got the Loader fixed and the Kids track is done and awesome. Added 8 more loads of sawdust to the upper track.

Weather forecast is good for this weekend and the tracks are in great shape.