PDA

View Full Version : racing tires

eganracing
05-17-2006, 11:15 PM
i race mx and am confused on what kind of tires i should be running. right now i am running razr mx tires. around here where i live the dirt is kind of a clay/ medium pack dirt. the mx razr's work great in this stuff but when i go down south to the the loose sandy conditions it feels like every buddy else is hooking up while im just spinnin my tires. i was thinking about trying another set of holeshots but dont know what to get. i was thinking about having two sets of racing tires but that would only happen if it was absolutly neccesary. also would it be smart to get hipers because it would make changing tires easier?

red4r
05-18-2006, 11:31 AM
i just orderd sum mxr6 front and rears ive herd they hook up good everywhere...my friend also has them and likes them alot

roundsy
05-19-2006, 02:28 PM
id look into kenda klaws, the tread is reversable so you can set it up to hook up anywhere

DEVINF450R
05-19-2006, 07:05 PM
I personally LOVE maxxis tires. i would look into getting some 20" razrs for the sandy stuff.

deathman53
05-20-2006, 03:20 PM
I would get kenda knarly mx's, I use them and I ride hard, soft and medium, they seam to work in all places and last awhile. If I only did hard stuff, I would use turf tamers and grooved radial fronts. I have kenda klaw fronts and kenda knarly rears, I can't be happier how they are in all conditions.

tmoney
05-20-2006, 04:36 PM
My Holeshot mxr6's are absolutely awesome but when I ever buy new tread it will probably be Knarly rear and Klaw front. Joe Bird is running Klaws this year and kicking ***.

hondardr4life
05-20-2006, 06:32 PM
I have a set of holeshot MXR6's. They work awesome! We will see tomorrow how they do in the mud.......

Dr89
05-20-2006, 07:42 PM
My Holeshot mxr6's are absolutely awesome but when I ever buy new tread it will probably be Knarly rear and Klaw front. Joe Bird is running Klaws this year and kicking ***.

dude you've got the mxr4's and what exactly do you think they're awesome in? lol havent u only seen some grass and mildly wet conditions plus they're like almost bald. haha but really kendas are a winner, i dont think i'll ever buy anything else, and it helps that they're really cheap.

eganracing
05-20-2006, 07:43 PM
i think i might try some ltr tires. any body know how much they cost?

DEVINF450R
05-22-2006, 02:27 PM
LOOK ON EBAY. SHOULD BE LOTS OF RACERS LOOKING TO UPGRADE OR HAVE SPONSERS AND USE SPONSER TIRES INSTEAD OF STOCK.