PDA

View Full Version : Do you ride in the rain?

250Renvy
05-17-2006, 08:29 PM
Just wondering cause it was pouring the other day when we were supposed to go riding, but we decided not to. We would have been drenched all day. Does anybody make any WET riding gear cause we have mud bogs everywhere in the spring it's giant puddles and swamp. Riding drenched in the cold sucks.

4oorider
05-17-2006, 08:34 PM
I love riding in the rain, its the best. I just wear some old junk clothes that i wouldnt mind getting wet and muddy. Im not sure about the rain safe riding gear...i really have not heard of any, but thats me

TacomaNC4X4
05-17-2006, 08:48 PM
i hate it..use to do it all the time when i had my rancher cause id stay in the mud

troutman561
05-17-2006, 08:54 PM
I love riding in the rain.. we rode the big housing development construction site when a tropical storm was goin over last year... one of the most fun riding times ive had, but 60mph wind+60mph on a quad = painful rain

miller821
05-17-2006, 08:59 PM
Pretty fun... I just wear a Bright Yellow Poncho, and it works fine;)

ShiftFMX
05-17-2006, 09:42 PM
But it sucks when you go through a puddle and the water hits the motor...that water can get really hot really fast!

crday98
05-17-2006, 11:56 PM
you can go to your local wally or k-mart and pick up a rain suit. you'll find them in the sporting goods section somewhere around the hunting or fishing stuff. they average around $5 to $10. they have elastic waist pants with a button or zipper up jacket depending on the brand. some also come with hoods and buttons around the wrist and foot to prevent water from getting in.
i don't remember brands but the first set i got only lasted a ride before they ripped. the set i have now has held up for about 20 rides in the rain and still haven't ripped. these suits are the chit for riding in the rain. you can blast through any puddle and still keep nice and dry. they also work well for snow riding as they keep the wind off you while riding.;)

05-18-2006, 04:34 AM
I did it yesterday. It was fun but i wont do it again. I just like to go flying down the field n do a 360 on the wet grass.

BlasterEaten250
05-18-2006, 06:44 AM
I ride in the rain sometimes. But I usually just wait until it is sunny afterwards and do some mudboggin:cool:

coryatver
05-18-2006, 07:25 AM
Riding in rain is awesome.

suck my pipe
05-18-2006, 08:12 AM
Dollar Store pancho "It's Good To Go" lol, I hate goin out in the rain but if im out and it starts raining its awesome.

rbgnwa45
05-18-2006, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by 250Renvy
Riding drenched in the cold sucks.

I hear that. The dirtbike I had would cut out if the ignition under the tank got water on it. I've been stranded too many times in freezing cold water.

Trevor
05-18-2006, 09:51 AM
The only thing I like about riding in the rain is it's easy to spin arround on the pavement. I even had the *** end slide out on a turn once on wet pavement it sure supprised me!

gbcap
05-18-2006, 09:58 AM
yes...they make all weather gear. i run the pants so i don't get soaked when i hit water crossings. the worst feeling ever is sitting down on a wet sticky seat.

http://www.motosport.com/category.jsp?path=-1|4268&id=11094&mnu=p1

i don't mind the rain except for the vision. the water on the googles is the worst.

1fst400
05-18-2006, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by gbcap

i don't mind the rain except for the vision. the water on the googles is the worst.

I agree. I can deal with the mud/sand/water just fine. But when my gogles start to fog and get water on the inside and outside it drives me absolutly crazy.

I went riding 2 days ago, at first it was a light drizzle which was perfect for riding with multiple ppl in a small sand pit. NO DUST! But after an hour or so it turned into doun poor.

So I decided to start watter skippping puddles/small ponds. They where only a foot or so deap, but where long. I was definetly skipping over the tops of them. But that lead to my igntion gettin wet..

Mxjunkie
05-18-2006, 10:58 AM
I love riding in the rain, nothing beats drifting 4th or 5th gear WFO sideways for a couple hunred foot :devil:

RaptorRacer45
05-18-2006, 11:10 AM
I sure dont mind it as long as its like 60 some degrees out......Starting a Race though and havin it rain halfway through is the Best:D

LittleMissE
05-18-2006, 11:39 AM
When I was at Little Saraha, OK at the end of April the 3rd day we were there it rain on and off( alot more on) all day. At one time it cleared up alittle and 3 of us desided to go on a ride. Of course as soon as we got out there it started raining.... But I just took off toward the dunes and the other two fallowed. After we made a trip around the dunes in the rain we decided to make another trip eventhough it was still raining. It was a lot of fun but by the time we got back we were so wet that it felt like we had just got thrown in a swimming pool with our clothes on. I wasnt cold until I got back and wasnt moving around much anymore but thats ok b/c I changed back into dry clothes!!!

DieselBoy
05-18-2006, 02:28 PM
riding in the rain is great but the last couple times I did that I was soaked the whole day, your feet start to burn, and you start to feel sick when the cold air is hitting your soaked gear, i try to avoid riding when its pouring now

400exrider99
05-18-2006, 04:31 PM
its a lot of fun as long i dont get sick

coolex
05-18-2006, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by 250Renvy
Just wondering cause it was pouring the other day when we were supposed to go riding, but we decided not to. We would have been drenched all day. Does anybody make any WET riding gear cause we have mud bogs everywhere in the spring it's giant puddles and swamp. Riding drenched in the cold sucks.

i went out the last couple of days riding in the rain and water because here in nh theres tons of water everywhere:D

but it says ur from the northeast? were in the northeast if u dnt mind me askin

bman9
05-18-2006, 08:47 PM
Riding in the rain sucks, got caught about 40 miles away from the truck in it last weekend it was cold, very cold.