PDA

View Full Version : Morrison Illinois Moose Run June 3 &4

walleyefarm1
05-17-2006, 07:27 PM
This is my first time to try this. Baught raptor 700 in february and have been practicing on gusse's trails ever since. That the good part of being his neighbor. No matter what the weather, its gonna be tough. can't wait til then hope to make 1 lap as this will be a first for me. Who's coming for this race. Anyone know whether i have to have a chest protector to ride.

Kev
05-17-2006, 07:55 PM
I was planning on making this one. Made it last year and can say it was a whooppy course. That black dirt is like sand and is a nitemare to run through.

No you don't need a chest protector, but it helps when a rock come flying at you....

Kev

parkers30
05-17-2006, 08:25 PM
I am planning on it, don't know if I will be bringing anyone along or not

mbiigambler
05-18-2006, 07:06 PM
I'll be there.

dirtriderex
05-18-2006, 07:13 PM
i b dare:D

parkers30
05-18-2006, 07:56 PM
for anyone thinking about running this race other than the previously mentioned woops, this is one of the coolest/most fun tracks I have even ridden. period. not to many races you run have 30+ minute laps where you arent seeing the track doubling back to make it longer.

mbiigambler
05-19-2006, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by parkers30
for anyone thinking about running this race other than the previously mentioned woops, this is one of the coolest/most fun tracks I have even ridden. period. not to many races you run have 30+ minute laps where you arent seeing the track doubling back to make it longer.

I think your getting The Moose Run confused with "The Race" in the fall. The Moose if I remember is like 15-20 minute lap times. There will be endless whoop

The Race has the super long laps and nice long straight aways across the corn and bean fields.

walleyefarm1
05-19-2006, 07:02 PM
I just got back from the Bike Barn. Went for a little cruise on the track. There was a guy over there with i think a 6 and 9 year old , what a jerk, think the oldests bike has a bent rod in it, he was screaming at the kid . More the guys fault than the kids in my opinion. Told him to give the kid a chance. then after i went on a cruise of the track while the kids were taking a break and after one lap i let the kids go, went over by him and he gave me alot of encouragement about the moose run. told be imight as well not ride, i don't have what it takes, i know i don't that is why i am just riding it for the fun of it. Do you guys really think a first timer should not try this one. Man i have rode parts od his trails from last fall through the timbers and didn't have that many problems. Should i or shouldn't i .....:(

Kev
05-19-2006, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by walleyefarm1
I just got back from the Bike Barn. Went for a little cruise on the track. There was a guy over there with i think a 6 and 9 year old , what a jerk, think the oldests bike has a bent rod in it, he was screaming at the kid . More the guys fault than the kids in my opinion. Told him to give the kid a chance. then after i went on a cruise of the track while the kids were taking a break and after one lap i let the kids go, went over by him and he gave me alot of encouragement about the moose run. told be imight as well not ride, i don't have what it takes, i know i don't that is why i am just riding it for the fun of it. Do you guys really think a first timer should not try this one. Man i have rode parts od his trails from last fall through the timbers and didn't have that many problems. Should i or shouldn't i .....:(

They make a class for everyone. Go out and ride your pace. Have fun doing it. I was hooked after my first race...I love racing and if I can't race, I enjoy watching others having fun out there. The course might be hard, but you race it at your pace. Your out there to have fun like I said....

Kev

mbiigambler
05-19-2006, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by walleyefarm1

The guy sounds like a real winner, I wouldn't listen to him. Only way to find out is to give it a try. Especially if you rode there, you know what to expect. How muddy are the trails?

Just ride it and try and have fun. That's what I said when I was going to do on my first race, just have fun........but when the flag drops the juices start flowing and the fun stuff goes out the window, then 30 minutes into the race when your dead tired, just remember its for fun. You may even become addicted like so many of us.

parkers30
05-23-2006, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by mbiigambler
I think your getting The Moose Run confused with "The Race" in the fall. The Moose if I remember is like 15-20 minute lap times. There will be endless whoop

The Race has the super long laps and nice long straight aways across the corn and bean fields.

You may be right... I'm not sure, it all kind of flows together

bansheexcracer2
05-29-2006, 08:55 PM
This is my first run and i am going to do it on a banshee. Come out and give it hell. Run C class with me. I ran p town and bush farm so i have some practice but it should be fun nomadder what.

walleyefarm1
05-30-2006, 03:00 PM
xcracer2

We can ride together and help each other out and if i am to slow i will see you on the next lap. Looking for someone to help each other out. haven't ridin his race before but have rode most of his old trails, kind of nice live 3 miles away andi farm some on the groung the bike will ride on sunday. walked some of sundays trail, i feel sorrry for them guys.

bansheexcracer2
05-30-2006, 03:22 PM
Sounds cool come over and say high. I am goimg to walk the track at least since we cant practice.