PDA

View Full Version : cant get it to run the way i want it too

xxnightraven73x
05-17-2006, 05:36 PM
my 440ex is really kicking my ***** ive been playing with the carb and needle and its got good power but when youre rolling and try to do a snap wheelie without the clutch and just punch it it bogs down if you let off and hit it again itll come right up any ideas??????

ryanh250ex
05-17-2006, 05:42 PM
what's your plug look like? current jetting? what carb? mods?

hard to judge from a computer but i'd say you're rich mate

does it just kind of drop rpms? or cut out all together?

xxnightraven73x
05-17-2006, 05:46 PM
well its got the 440 kit in it i can rember the jetting exactly but ive been tring to get it to come up just by jabbing the gas and when i do it basically just drops off then when you hit it again itll snap right up why wouldnt it do that in the first place????

ryanh250ex
05-17-2006, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by xxnightraven73x
well its got the 440 kit in it i can rember the jetting exactly but ive been tring to get it to come up just by jabbing the gas and when i do it basically just drops off then when you hit it again itll snap right up why wouldnt it do that in the first place????

you neither told me what the jetting was like, nor what the plug looked like.

i cant and wont help you until you do.

1fst400
05-17-2006, 08:22 PM
thats just kinda what you get with aftermarket motors. Concider youself lucky, I cant get my quad to run corectly for the life of me. after what seems like 100$ in jets, needles, filters, gaslines, carb cleen. I have it to the point where it will run strong from just off idle up, but still stumbles when I punch it from idle.

sixer3
05-17-2006, 11:21 PM
i had that problem too, somehow my squirter accelerator pump?...thing was flooding out my motor take the black plastic piece of the carb, and squirt that squirter arm down and hold it and try punching the throttle, it stil helps for cracking the throttle but for some reason mine was flooding out the motor after i put a bunch of upgrades on it