PDA

View Full Version : Any one here near Cape Girardeau, MO?

quadrcr161
05-17-2006, 12:03 PM
Any one here from that area? i had a few questions.

how is the trail riding there and if it legal? is there any TT, MX or XC racing close to there? i know there is a lot of round tracks in the area but i havent heard anything for quads. Do vehicles have to be inspected in Mo? how is the crime in the area or is it pretty safe?

i might be moveing up there and would like to have an idea on the area. i have checked out a fwe sites but it only says the good things and no city would brag on the bad things. thanks.

miller821
05-17-2006, 01:58 PM
I don't really know much about the place cause I live like an hour from it, but theres some pretty good riding spots to look at around there. Trail of Tears is prob. one of the closests and its pretty nice to ride at.

tat900
05-18-2006, 06:27 AM
scott why u moving up there work ?

quadrcr161
05-18-2006, 06:37 AM
yea hopefully, gotta do something the people who took this company over has ran it into the ground.

sic250x
05-18-2006, 07:24 AM
i live in st. joseph mo and there isnt many good riding areas around here. in clinton there is a big riding area, and lake perry, columbia and so on. if u look and ask around u will find a lot more ridind areas

quadrcr161
05-18-2006, 07:29 AM
Thanks for the info, hopefully it wont be that bad, are there any tracks and do the dirtbikers get along with the quads up there?

05-18-2006, 10:58 AM
he sorriest mx track in the world is at little egypt offroad (but good trails to ride) outside of marion. still abotu an hour and 30 minute drive for you. im about an hour away from you to but dont know anywhere real close to you. I know they have flat track races in sikeston, mo which is real close to you

quadrcr161
05-18-2006, 11:10 AM
flat track and TT is what i grew up doing, and i havent moved yet just trying to find out some info. part of me wants to get the job and move, but living in alabama has some good points. like no emission test for cars, i can jump on the utility and hit the trails without having to load it up. there is 2 guys down the road with their own mx tracks in the back yard, but i havent ridden them yet. i ahve to drive close to an hour now to get anywhere do driving dosent other me, except in the wallet.

bwamos
05-18-2006, 11:52 AM
Being that you're moving the the Cape Girardeau area you're going to have more riding options than we do up in the Kansas City area. You'll have some options. Some really good areas with a little drive.

Missouri does require motor vehicle inspections ever other year in order to get your tags renewed. You only have to renew your tags every 2 years, if you pay the tag fee for both years.

Cape Girardeau has a very low violent crime rate, and a slightly above average property crime rate, which is common for medium sized towns. The cops get called everytime someone pisses on the neighbors fence. ;) Any reported crime, convicted or not, goes in the stats.

http://www.cityrating.com/citycrime.asp?city=Cape+Girardeau&state=MO

If crime is a concern, Kansas City is a bad area, lol.
http://www.cityrating.com/citycrime.asp?city=Kansas+City&state=MO
We have a higher crime rate than LosAngeles has.. :eek2:
8.5% higher violent crimes and 125% higher property crimes

quadrcr161
05-18-2006, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by bwamos
Being that you're moving the the Cape Girardeau area you're going to have more riding options than we do up in the Kansas City area. You'll have some options. Some really good areas with a little drive.

Missouri does require motor vehicle inspections ever other year in order to get your tags renewed. You only have to renew your tags every 2 years, if you pay the tag fee for both years.

Cape Girardeau has a very low violent crime rate, and a slightly above average property crime rate, which is common for medium sized towns. The cops get called everytime someone pisses on the neighbors fence. ;) Any reported crime, convicted or not, goes in the stats.

http://www.cityrating.com/citycrime.asp?city=Cape+Girardeau&state=MO

If crime is a concern, Kansas City is a bad area, lol.
http://www.cityrating.com/citycrime.asp?city=Kansas+City&state=MO
We have a higher crime rate than LosAngeles has.. :eek2:
8.5% higher violent crimes and 125% higher property crimes

wow thanks for the information. sucks for the imspections, the only thing stock is my f250, my crx has a motor swap and i dout my bodydropped/bagged nissan would pass. one good thing i love about where we are in alabama is i hardly have any neighbors, but the ones i have are a *****, but they dont complain very much though.
Considering Birmingham is sourounded by ghetto's you have to live outside of it by about 45-50 mins just so your not shot. but most of the crimes are deep in the bad areas. the crime around bham has gone up a ton in the last 2 years because of the areas. i know birmingham was in the top 10 most dangerous cities last yera as far as crime.

what about outsied areas? i dont think i could live in the town for very long. i dont like waking up in the morning steratching and being close enough to poke my neightbor. lol

bwamos
05-18-2006, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by quadrcr161
wow thanks for the information. sucks for the imspections, the only thing stock is my f250, my crx has a motor swap and i dout my bodydropped/bagged nissan would pass. one good thing i love about where we are in alabama is i hardly have any neighbors, but the ones i have are a *****, but they dont complain very much though.

Don't fret. There's no emmissions test.
About all they check is, tire tread depth, brake pads, brake lights, turn signals, windshield for cracks, make sure you have bumpers, and can't have tinted front (i think the top 9" of your front window can be tinted.), or front side windows. Rear, and rear side can be as dark as you want. It's not hard to get a permit to allow for tinted windows, though. ;) Outside of the baove things, they don't give a crap.

Also if you have a tire that's low on tread.. you leave, swap tires with the other side, and come back. They are only allowed to reinspect the one tire. They aren't allowed to look at the others, once they've passed.

Also, if your front side windows are tinted.. a lot of times you can just roll them down before pulling in. ;)

quadrcr161
05-18-2006, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by bwamos
Don't fret. There's no emmissions test.
About all they check is, tire tread depth, brake pads, brake lights, turn signals, windshield for cracks, make sure you have bumpers, and can't have tinted front (i think the top 9" of your front window can be tinted.), or front side windows. Rear, and rear side can be as dark as you want. It's not hard to get a permit to allow for tinted windows, though. ;) Outside of the baove things, they don't give a crap.

Also if you have a tire that's low on tread.. you leave, swap tires with the other side, and come back. They are only allowed to reinspect the one tire. They aren't allowed to look at the others, once they've passed.

Also, if your front side windows are tinted.. a lot of times you can just roll them down before pulling in. ;)

haha sounds pretty cool, i was worried about emissions b/c the crx dosent have a cat right now and the motor came from a company that imports them from japan, so no actual paper work, just reciept. In alabama you can be going down the interstate in a junker, 35mph top speed and blowing smoke like crazy, and they wont even pull people over.

bwamos
05-18-2006, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by quadrcr161
crx dosent have a cat right now.

They may ding you on that.. buy you could always just fab a fake shell out of sheet metal to make it look like has a catalytic converter at mid pipe. ;)

quadrcr161
05-18-2006, 12:53 PM
it will have one soon, it just blew out so i made a test pipe and put in. it needs a bigger exhaust but noone makes one i like, which looks and sounds like stock, most have those horrible loud buzzing coffee cans hanging off the back. i will prob build a whole system in the next month. the car is pretty much stock, nothing fast or anything its just a fun car and gets 36mpg with some spirited driving in it.

djhenson23
05-18-2006, 06:13 PM
hey man there are a couple of tt tracks in sikeston, mo which about a half hour south of cape. i actually race tt and race there. u can check it out at www.semoraceway.com/atvmc.com. hopefully i will see u down there.

Rider#11
05-18-2006, 11:39 PM
yep theres a bunch of TT tracks..thats what i do...;) ...B.E.T. in Belleville IL, Belclaire speedway in Belleville IL,Action motocross in Richwoods Missouri has pretty cool TT track,Sikeston,Flickerwood for indoor winter,Duqoin IL for indoor winter,Taylorville IL..theres a national race coming up there, um..Moberly Missouri but thats real far north,....um..theres a bunch of other non district tracks also...but theres a few to get ya started:cool:

quadrcr161
06-11-2006, 11:50 AM
cool, sounds like some good races going, is there any TT races that will be close to the Cape this friday night? i am heading up there thursday to check on an opening and will prob stay to sat morning. if there is a race friday night i want to ride out and watch and meet a few of you. just let me know. also if there is any tips to living in the cape let me know also. Thanks

quadrcr161
06-12-2006, 03:44 PM
Bump, anyone know of any TT races close to the Capoe this friday night?