PDA

View Full Version : Rim rubbage

cody9999
05-17-2006, 09:01 AM
Has anyone who has purchased an Outlaw looked at the inside of their rear wheels yet? After 1&1/2 hours of break-in riding which was very mild and to the book, no jumps greater than 1-2 feet. I pulled the rear wheels to put on some paddle tires to go to Mi. dunes and discovered heavy gaulling of the aluminum rims where they were rubbing on the lower A-arms. I called the dealer they called Polaris and this is what they said "We're not going to do anything over A few scratches, just file the nubs on the bottom of the A-arms and it will be fine."First off its way more than a few scratches,I'm not the one who down sized the rims from 10" to 9" and then pack an A-arm and A controll arm 9.2" into the back of the rim.They make it sound like the warranty against manufactures defects means nothing. EVERY OUTLAW OWNER OUT THERE MAKE YOURSELVES BE HEARD AND EVERY SCREWED UP RIM SOULD BE WARRANTIED. Afterall $7000.00 does'nt come easily to most of us!

calds650
05-17-2006, 09:26 AM
This is a new one I have had no problems with mine. But the clearance is close and I could see how rocks and mud could get wedge in there and rub on the wheels

CHADHIX
05-17-2006, 09:08 PM
My Outlaw has rub marks too!!! Done it on stock wheels and my new beadlocks...... Woopty doo. It does not hurt anything,just from mud and dirt getting packed in them. I have raced my Outlaw 7 times with no problems so far!!!

cody9999
05-18-2006, 07:27 AM
First off its not from mud and dirt getting packed in them. I know this because the only ridding I did was hard packed bean fields and ditchs' for the break in period. I know that as things start to wear its only going to get worse. It's one thing if I do something stupid and mess up a set of wheels its another when the factory sets you up.

calds650
05-18-2006, 08:29 AM
Take pictures of the area that is cutting in too your wheels, get the turn down to repair under warranty in writing, buy new parts and check them before you take them too make sure they due not have the same defect add up all the cost include your time. Then take them to small clam’s court.

Bradracer18
05-18-2006, 02:50 PM
I agree with this guy.... I mean, you don't go buy a new Ford truck, and just say.....well it does have a scratch on it....oh well, doesn't really hurt anything......when actually you paid 40k for NEW vehicle

keep ragging on them........