PDA

View Full Version : Jetting questions

dober250R
05-17-2006, 06:38 AM
I just bought an ESR 40mm pwk carb this week. It will be replacing my 39mm carb. I know I will have to play with the jetting a little bit since the change over. Also, i'm going to be using a CR reed cage, as opposed to my stocker. So not only will I get better air flow, I will get better flow all together. I'm running a 268 cylinder ported, with the head milled and my custom copper head gasket, so my compression is up there. I have a matched intake, along with a K&N air filter, so i have some good flow goin on. With some thought I should be able to get my jetting close the first time. Before I took everything apart, I had a 50 pilot jet ( was 2 rich for the set up) with a DGJ needle on the middle clip (middle powerband hit like a ton of bricks ) with a 230 main (was 2 rich for this set up). Would I be safe to change the pilot to a 48? Or should I just leave it because the 50 was 2 rich, and by letting more air flow in now, it should equal it out? Same thing with my main jet, should I just leave it, or go down to a 225?