View Full Version : carb issues

canuck
05-16-2006, 11:04 PM
hey guys, have an 04. yfz 450. dg pipe, k@n, have dynojet kit but won't run well with dynojet needle. i'm using stock needle, pilot, and the dynojet adapter and main jets. runs good but should run better. deadspot just off idle, any suggestions?

4fifty
05-23-2006, 11:30 AM
if it is like a hesitation just off idle, like you blip the throttle fast and it falls on its face for just a second then you should try the BOYESEN quickshot. its a new bolt on piece for your carb. the fuel bowl is bigger and has an extra hole to get more fuel to the engine faster. 4-strokes do not have a lot of manifold pressure like a two stroke, so it causes hesitation. it is about 80 bucks but it works. if that wasnt your question ill try to answer it again

canuck
05-26-2006, 05:51 PM
yeah, tried the quickshot, not a lot of improvement but i'm not sure what the stock setting is for that tiny screw on the bottom of the carb, i think it's not getting enough fuel. also, know where i can find a shop manual for the carb, i'd like to understand the adjustments a little better, thanx

drue4mpg
06-05-2006, 05:05 PM
about 2 1/2 turns from being fully seated...i got an adjustable fuel screew and it was the best thing i put on yet!!!!