PDA

View Full Version : from warrior to banshee

m3snowboarder
05-16-2006, 09:44 PM
Alright I have a 02 warrior and am looking probably for a banshee. Someone I know is selling a I believe 98 banshee for $2300. I haven't seen it yet, but was told by another guy I work with that it wasn't really abused and maintained very well. But not riddne much. Well say its in fair shape, I'm looking on Saturday would this be a good switch. Also do you think I could get $2000 or more easily for my warrior in Minnesota? I will be getting into harescrambles soon and possible mx so I thought the banshee would be a better choice so I could do both for fun. Also do they jump fairly well?(10-40ft gaps, possibly upgrading shocks in future). So if I could sell my good condition warrior for 2g atleast would this be a fair price and buy for the banshee. Do you know if the wheels and rim on my warrior fit the banshee?

robjohn74
05-17-2006, 06:03 AM
i went from a warrior to a 400ex to a banshee .. if i was going to race i would race the ex before i raced the banshee ..the ex handles way better than the shee and for jumping i would jump the ex 10-40ft gaps way before the shee ..so in my 02cents i would take a 4stroke over a banshee for mx anyday ...

any of the 400s(ex,z,) or 450s(r,z,yfz) for mx

and yes for the price on the banshee

Mxjunkie
05-17-2006, 08:56 AM
My buddy just started riding and he has a warrior, hes ridden it maybe 4 times. I let him ride my 409 shee and he did fine. :)

Yes you can do 40 or bigger ft jumps, I have. Honestly banshee's arent as bad as people think at al.

The wheels and tires will fit off your warrior. :cool:

250r4life
05-17-2006, 12:12 PM
i went from a warriar to a banshee... of course i went from several 250r three wheelers to the warriar, but...

as far as jumping, 40 ft was no problem, but i had works shocks on mine...

banshees do wear you out on the track though

yellowzo3
05-18-2006, 07:37 PM
i agree with mxjunkie...i take mine in the woods, sand and open fields and i cant really comlpain...sure the 4 strokes may be a little better in some situations but the banshee is fun to ride anywhere...just upgrade the suspension if you plan on hitting some big gaps...a set of nerf bars is a must also...but they really are good quads and thats a good price if its in decent shape