PDA

View Full Version : How would you deal with this?

tazman7
05-16-2006, 08:18 PM
Ok- I have an ESR 265 engine. The bottom end went out and I needed to replace the piston. So I figured since it was at one time an ESR 265 motor that it would have an Eddie Sanders piston in it..So I called ESR and told them that I needed a 68.5mm piston and that I wanted to make sure that it has two holes on the exhaust side of the piston, two holes underneath the wristpin, and it has a dome top. They told me that they have the exact pison sitting in front of them so I ordered it with express shipping which cost me $30. I get the piston 3 days later like I was supposed to and it looked nothing like that one that I explained to them that I needed. So I called them and talked to three different people and two of them said that they have that same piston and the other said that no ESR motors have a domed top piston. So I sent it back to them which cost me another $10

So now I have $40 wrapped up in a piston that doesnt even go to my machine because some idiot said that they made that piston, so I called and told them that I think that they should reimberse me for the money that I had to pay for shipping since it wasnt my screw up, and they pretty much told me to get f'd.

How would you deal with this? As far as im concerned, this company has been boycotted as soon as I recieve my water temp gauge- haha

HondaRacer300ex
05-16-2006, 08:24 PM
Keep calling. 40 dollars is a rediculous amount of money for THEIR mistake.

tazman7
05-16-2006, 08:28 PM
I know- I have talked to two different people and they both told me to get f'd. If they keep saying more **** I will be sure to post on many different atv forums how their company works.

$40 to some people might not mean ****, but to a 20 year old college kid who works fulltime and has way to many expensive hobbys, thats a different story.....plus it was their screw up just like you said

stoled_400_:(
05-16-2006, 08:46 PM
yeah.....call them back and tell THEM to get f'ed. in kinder words though :D

NorCalRacer
05-17-2006, 10:09 AM
My words wouldn't be that kind:macho

PismoLocal
05-17-2006, 10:27 AM
I just had that same problem with an electronics company but they wanted me to foot an $80 bill(shipping $40 each way). I hope your ready for a long hard battle took me about a week of writing emails everyday and calling there customer service people. I was told that they could not reimburse me for shipping at least 10 times i finally got through to the personel manager in there customer service deptmart and instantly i was credited my money back for a full refund and shipping charges. I told what happened to all of the customer service reps and all of them said that it was unfortunate but that they wouldn't refund my money to.

wilkin250r
05-17-2006, 10:31 AM
Is it really their fault?

Sure, you described your piston, but how well? A description of "a couple holes here and there, and a dome" isn't very descriptive. And is it really their fault that you don't know what type of piston you have in your own engine?

You assumed you had a standard Eddie Sanders piston in your engine, and that's exactly what they sent you. Is it their fault you don't know what the heck you're ordering?

PismoLocal
05-17-2006, 10:43 AM
Ya it was kinda of different with me they sent me something different then i ordered and wanted me to pay for the shipping of it back to them and the shipping of the original item i paid for.

dober250R
05-17-2006, 10:44 AM
I agree with wilkin. If you don't give them a part number, it's not their fault they couldn't understand what you describe.

honduh440
05-17-2006, 12:10 PM
i dissagree with you wilkins.

i think the description of the piston he wanted actually is pretty detailed. The man said he had a domed top piston right infront of his face. I know for daym sure the guy i order parts threw wouldnt have done that.

tazman- might as well just kick urself in the a s s you wont get chit back

05-17-2006, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Is it really their fault?

Sure, you described your piston, but how well? A description of "a couple holes here and there, and a dome" isn't very descriptive. And is it really their fault that you don't know what type of piston you have in your own engine?

You assumed you had a standard Eddie Sanders piston in your engine, and that's exactly what they sent you. Is it their fault you don't know what the heck you're ordering?

i agree

zedicus00
05-17-2006, 02:11 PM
actually im curious to know why the piston wouldnt have worked?

TheFontMaster
05-17-2006, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by zedicus00
actually im curious to know why the piston wouldnt have worked?

I'm wondering the same thing. Shure it might be a different style piston, but did you even try it in your motor? I mean you did order a 68.5mm piston for a 265 top end.

tazman7
05-17-2006, 09:46 PM
I didnt give them a ****ty desciption. I said that the piston that was in my engine was a domed top piston with two holes on the exhaust side of the piston, and two holes underneath the wristpin. If he had one sitting in front of him that was a flat top piston with no holes, that throws a red flag that they dont have the right piston....correct me if I am wrong...

I just bought this quad and was told that it had an ESR 265 motor. So since I was told that wouldnt you think it would have the ESR piston in it too....So it is obvious that he changed a few things after he had that kit put on it...

And if the guy knew what he was talking about at ESR then right when I told him that I needed a dome top piston he should have said that must not be our piston because none of our pistons have dome tops...It must be a different companies. But instead he had me order it and miss two race weekends because of it

The reason it wont work it because you cant run a flat top piston with the head that is on mine...I dont know, im not an engine mechanic...

NorCalRacer
05-17-2006, 10:40 PM
I order parts by description all the time and never have a problem. If the salesman didn't have any idea what he was talking about he should have explained that and requested a part number instead of wasting the customers time.

jonc623
05-18-2006, 10:40 AM
what you got is probably a wiseco piston they have a dome to theirs look on bottom of piston and see where wrist pin goes thru and see if it has a little w on the wrist pin journals

tazman7
05-18-2006, 07:12 PM
Yes it turned out to be a Wiseco piston- I ordered one from them and the quad is now running great.

The people at ESR just dont know what the hell they are talking about

wilkin250r
05-18-2006, 10:00 PM
ALL Wiseco pistons have a number on top. Why didn't you just order by the number?

I don't mean to be a jerk or anything, but that's a real bonehead move. If I was ESR, I wouldn't refund your money. You just got a $40 lesson on how to properly order parts. If it has a number stamped on it, try that first.

05-18-2006, 10:16 PM
I don't mean to be a jerk or anything, but that's a real bonehead move. If I was ESR, I wouldn't refund your money. You just got a $40 lesson on how to properly order parts. If it has a number stamped on it, try that first.

I disagree, they want your service again so they will do anything so you order parts from them, and it does sound like it was their fault.. if the guy said he knew wat tazman was talkin about but he really didnt, thats kind of silly to do that.. I disagree with Wilkins

tazman7
05-19-2006, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
ALL Wiseco pistons have a number on top. Why didn't you just order by the number?

Yeah it does have a number stamped on it...but when you can only read half of the numbers on top of it that doesnt help much...

Either way I have talked to ESR four times now and they tell me that they wont refund any money so I guess I will just not order anything from them again..I was planning on getting the 310 kit in the near future, looks like ill go elsewhere.