PDA

View Full Version : Well, I guess I messed up...

WheelieMan4
05-16-2006, 07:39 PM
Well my engine has been making some racket and i was told it was the valves or cam chain. I checked the valves and they were fine, but i didnt want to tear into the engine to look at the cam chain. So i took it into the dealer and they called today...not good...they are telling me that my piston and rocker arm are shot, and that the reason is, is because my carb wasn't all the way in the boot...there is no way that it wasnt in the boot...i dont know what to do, because im only 16 and dont make crap at my job, have 300 dollars in the bank but have to pay a 160 dollar ticket. And with my 150ish left, im suppose to pay for my truck getting fixed, my 4-wheeler getting fixed, and i wanted to start racing...i guess im screwed, my parents wont help me pay for anything...bummer i guess, lol...sorry for long post

boricua
05-16-2006, 09:33 PM
if your carb was not in the boot all the way, that would give you an intake leak and really lean out the motor. but you should have noticed that though. it wouldnt idle right and pop a little as you crack the throttle on take off. i would ask them to explain how they arrived at that conclusion.

ohsobad_chevy
05-17-2006, 08:54 AM
Sounds like you need a job pardner'

2muchquad
05-17-2006, 09:37 AM
i think your dealer is trying to give you the old sausage job.i would get a manual and do my own work.if you can ride it,you can fix it:)

ohsobad_chevy
05-17-2006, 12:21 PM
LMAO@sausage job. They are good at given the ol' sausage job.

LT250RMan
05-17-2006, 01:19 PM
if your valves are out of timing it will wreck the piston or connecting rod and the rocker arms can bend to,, if the valves are open and the piston is at its top of its stroke the piston will hit the valves and might bend the rod or crack the piston or even bend the cam shaft thats probaly why the engines making lots of noise is becuse of the timing,, get your valve timing set and if i were you i would check your cylinder compression and after take of the head and check your piston for markes from the valves hitting the top of the piston, if you leave it with the valve timing out you might even take the crank out on top of everthing else that will happen,,,,,,,,,,, How could you check the valves if you did not take the engine apart????????

WheelieMan4
05-17-2006, 03:15 PM
u dont have to take the engine apart to get to the valves...u just take off those 4 caps...anyways, yea i never noticed my engine feeling lean, and I know for a fact that it was in the boot...there just making excuses...im deffinately not letting them fix it, *******s!

1fst400
05-17-2006, 08:36 PM
the cam timing may have been off. somtimes the chain gets streched or gets a kink. My motor riecently got a kink in the chain causing the intake valves to slap the piston. Luckly I caught it in time and no damage resulted.

It is possible that a simular thing hapened to you, you intake valves hit the piston, so the dealer thot. " hey must be a problem with the intake/carb"

WheelieMan4
05-18-2006, 04:26 PM
that could possibly be it, because i was almost positive that it was my cam chain...but then i rode it a couple more times, DUMB IDEA!!! and that could have done what u said...:ermm: