PDA

View Full Version : trouble shoot 70 cc 4 stroke

gojufist
05-16-2006, 03:43 PM
Bought my kid one of those no name 70 cc 4 stroke 4 wheelers, It runs good for about ten minutes or so then it bogs out , sometimes it will start back up and idle fine...but if you try to accelerate it bogs. let it set a while and it'll run fine again for a while . could it be a float problem ? any help appreciated thanx.

gojufist
05-16-2006, 04:00 PM
its a 4 stroke

bradrenea
05-17-2006, 10:23 AM
It COULD be a float problem, but I doubt it if it's running fine for ten minutes. I would think it would crap out sooner than that if it was the float.
Have you checked to make sure the gas tank vent is not clogged up? Sounds like that could possibly be the problem.
Or maybe the choke is somehow sticking and not opening up? That would cause it to run rich after it warms up.

Does it smoke any after it starts acting up? Did it have the problem as soon as you bought the quad, or did it just develop the problem? Answer those two questions and it will help someone diagnose your problem.

gojufist
05-19-2006, 06:19 AM
it started doing it a couple days after we got it . it'll smoke when u start it cold but when it acts up it doesn't. the reason i was thinking float is it doesn't have a fuel shut off and i noticed a puddle of gas under it leaking out of the exhaust .( at the head)