PDA

View Full Version : banshee pops at wot

02silverpile
05-16-2006, 12:50 PM
OK, my shee pops at wot. I dont know what it is. I think it might be jetting or reeds. Its sounds like braaaaa, instead of braaaaap. It sounds like it needs to gain just a few more rpms to hit that note. My compression is around 135 with the head mod. ( yes i know i need a new top end) my jetting is a little off too and im working on that. my plugs are still pretty lean at wot. im running pro circuit pipes, silencers. proflow plate with k&n with outwear sock. pro flow water pump, and .030 milled head. Im running 27.5 pilots, with 230 mains, and im about 800ft in elevation. I think jetting needs to come up aways to make the plugs brown. Unless i have an air leak which i have looked for with no results. Would the lack of fuel make the motor pop and sound like S***? Also would that keep me from achieving those last few rpm's? Thanks.

project_tecate
05-16-2006, 01:47 PM
that does sound like a lean bog, if you were sucking air in somewhere you would be able to tell on the low end of the rpm as well. Try richening up the main jets a little and it should give you an idea of where you stand

bigwil
05-17-2006, 06:39 AM
increase your main jet to 280 or more depending on your exhuast type

terboed
05-23-2006, 07:52 PM
if your still running an airbox with just the lid removed then run 260's or 270's. with removed airbox run 280's or 290's. when you do that clean the carbs real good. take everything off of em and soak them in carb cleaner. blow out all the passages with compressed air. reassemble and make shure your slides are going up and down at the same time. if not you could have a worn throttle cable. or if the tors units are removed you could try ajusting them at the carb top.

Meat
05-26-2006, 06:28 PM
yea listen to these guys and increase your main jet ASAP, like today. 230 is crazy super duper small for your setup and popping and\or backfiring is a sure fire sign of a lean main jet. Your gonna put some holes in those piston domes if you don't jet her up. start out with some big ol' jets like 310's or 300's and work your way down till she pulls clean on the top.

firefighterjosh
05-26-2006, 06:33 PM
Mine Ran like that, I adjusted the floats and fix the problem. I think I might have Bent them accedently when I was rejetting.:confused:

redracing88
07-01-2006, 07:33 PM
take the air filter off and take it for a short ride then tell me what it does.

Mxjunkie
07-02-2006, 07:07 AM
Have you tryed adjusting the clip position on your needles? It's a good way just to see where your at with jetting, but if you have the TORS it kinda makes it a pain in the *** to do that.

It sounds lean but the best way to tell is to look at your plugs with every change you make.

race-a-holic
07-14-2006, 09:39 PM
230 is extremely lean.I can't believe it's still running.