PDA

View Full Version : I Found My Dream Bike At The Dunes…

FlyinRed
10-08-2001, 09:28 AM
I raced quite a few bikes this weekend, even rode a “piped” DS 650 (his exhaust blew apart only the can was left, no cap). Raced a couple of Raptors, banshees, and even a 440ex.

The dream bike I speak of is mine. The Raptor only won by 1 bike length (average after maybe 20 races, hill and flat). The DS was neck and neck (he won some I won some). The 440ex had 4-5 bikes on me (440, mild porting, WB race cam, powerbong, fcr, etc). I was even hanging with the Banshees, till the middle of third. I didn’t see the 440 race any banshee’s, but I’m sure he’d be with the mild ones. If I could get past the third gear wall. I just don’t seam to pull to the rev limiter in third, grab fourth and it’s a very slow pull. Loosin isnt so bad when you can turn around, say I had them till top of third, and wheelie the whole strip back. Maybe the key is Terry’s black box and Nitrous.

Good weekend though.

We took BradB from Bluetraxx, he’s 12. He jumped on the Banshee and whupped a lot of Guys on bilt shee’s, even a 400 shee. That was funny.

Don’t dog the 400. I payed 3500, put a couple hun more in her and hung pretty well. Oh yeah and NO ONE had bigger air. These Bikes Rock!
:macho

rhandw69
10-08-2001, 01:13 PM
I figured out the secret to your sucess!!
It must be that Orting air your bike sits in.LOL!!
Glad to hear your trip was good, i spent my whole weekend at work after everything started.
I chatted with WarriorQueen from Bluetrax for a while the other night and had mentioned to her about your trip.
So late last night, well actually around 4, we
went out to Fort Lewis and rode. I usually ride with these 2 guys who have Rapors. Usually on the straight stretch, they pull by me, but on the trails and on the windy roads they usually dont fair to well.
One guy always wants to trade bike when we ride. He likes how mine feels, jumps, handles and everything about it. Wheeling these things are so much easier as well.
Just my 2 cents,
Take care
]Rhan

FlyinRed
10-08-2001, 01:35 PM
Yeah we actually met up with Crash, we showed up at 4 and they were packing up. It's too bad they didn't stay. All the good stuff happens after the sun goes down. I was rippin wheelies arround the lip of the bowl, and some killer One-Handed Beer Wheelies were seen.:huh :devil :macho

trx400ex
10-08-2001, 03:14 PM
so what was the dream bike?

FlyinRed
10-08-2001, 03:16 PM
:D :D :D :D :D Mine:D :D :D :D :D

10-08-2001, 04:03 PM
Next time my friend...we had other engagements and just weren't prepared. But a lil' nightridin' does sound like insane fun. I'll be going again real soon...I'll keep in touch.

trx400ex
10-08-2001, 06:40 PM
hey, are some sand dunes steep,, i always wondered how could you stack sand that steep? you see i live in the woods

FlyinRed
10-08-2001, 06:42 PM
The wind blows sand off the lip. Imagine dumping sand out of a loader. It's that steap or less.

10-10-2001, 06:13 AM
you said you hung with the othe bike until 3rd gear right?? just wondering but what gear do you start in? just wondering becaues i usally start from 3rd i know that you guys only have 5 gears but almost any bike can go with the other thuouth the first 2 gears

FlyinRed
10-10-2001, 08:29 AM
I believe all the 4 strokes were starting in first. I only get into 4th in most all drag races, on sand.