PDA

View Full Version : Racing the ltr450

gibson400ex
05-16-2006, 07:45 AM
alright iv'e got some question's, and im a little iffy if i want to get it or not, it's in it's first year of production, and hasnt been out long either

now has anyone raced the ltr450 in nationals or local series and raced a 450r aswell

i will be running either B or C next year in the national's and im wondering is the LTR450

also this bike wont stay stock either, lt a-arms,swingarm,shocks all around,

now who else make's exhaust for the ltr450 besides yoshi?

robbs racing near us might build them, but im wondering who else builds them

thank you:)

spanky101
05-16-2006, 07:48 PM
two brothers makes a pipe for em, hmf and others also do... these bike fly but its alot rider... but none the less these bikes make alot of people look fast

goldrims04
05-19-2006, 08:34 AM
dg performance makes exhust for thr ltr now

05-19-2006, 10:01 AM
good ole dollar general

quadracer3
05-19-2006, 02:39 PM
to race those classes you might just need apipe an thas about it

gibson400ex
05-21-2006, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by quadracer3
to race those classes you might just need apipe an thas about it

are you serious?

to race b or c class in national's?

i have a full walsh 250r/blaster right now, and a i ride my brother's 450r all the time, but not racing it, i could race a 450r this year

it will be modded it out ALOT

R3Concepts
05-21-2006, 01:24 PM
I came off a full LSR/PEP TRX to my LTR. The LTR isnt quite as good as the TRX obviously, but I also dont have 20k into this LTR. In the trim its in now its a bad mofo. Tons of fun to ride, great suspension, but its a little down on power, which can be fixed. Although Im like you, Im going to outfit it fully, its not really necessary I dont think. But hey its only money and we cant take it with us.

gibson400ex
05-21-2006, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by R3Concepts
I came off a full LSR/PEP TRX to my LTR. The LTR isnt quite as good as the TRX obviously, but I also dont have 20k into this LTR. In the trim its in now its a bad mofo. Tons of fun to ride, great suspension, but its a little down on power, which can be fixed. Although Im like you, Im going to outfit it fully, its not really necessary I dont think. But hey its only money and we cant take it with us.

exactly

thanks for your input, im going to get it, the blue/white one

and about the power, i'll be doing the motor over the winter for nationals anyway, but a full pipe, and air filter will do just fine right now

thanks

450rJam
05-21-2006, 04:59 PM
honestly, if your going to change to true long travel then your losing the advantage the stock ltr has over the competition.
now your down to frame strength (if your running stock frame)
and motor (im sure either will need better flow)
there comes a time when your replacing everything with aftermarket mods that it really depends on how much you can sell the stock take-offs on ebay and which one will bring the
most $$
good luck

ill_lil_romey
05-21-2006, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by force
good ole dollar general

dust guzzler

450rJam
05-22-2006, 04:32 AM
dirty girl

ScooterBike
05-22-2006, 04:47 AM
How do you keep this thing on the ground!!! lol :blah:

eganracing
05-26-2006, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by gibson400ex
are you serious?

to race b or c class in national's?

i have a full walsh 250r/blaster right now, and a i ride my brother's 450r all the time, but not racing it, i could race a 450r this year

it will be modded it out ALOT

its all rider. a pipe and maybe some of those electronic gizmos is probaly all your going to need.

firefighterjosh
05-26-2006, 01:23 AM
My friend raced a Stock 450r in a District 15 Race and got 3rd and he raced his stock LTR and was 1st. The shocks he said were a little stiff. Cherry bomb and gutted exhaulst worked WELL!!!!

gibson400ex
06-06-2006, 03:25 PM
it's not all rider

i know about 85-90% is

but im not going to race national tracks in b class against fully modded bikes and me having a stock bike

ill leave the swingarm and rear shock alone maybe, probably just do a rear shock and mod everything else out

dvx rider1
06-06-2006, 08:25 PM
I race an LTR in the GNCs....in the stock class!! I have a fully built Yosh 450 stroker/Elka/Janssen DVX that I ran in 265C last year and if I could practice 2-4 times a week like everyone else and find the fountain of youth I would've been right up front. However, I have over $14K in my DVX and not quite $8K in the LTR.
That in mind, the LTR doesn't have the arm ripping torque down low like my DVX does, but the power is much smoother. I compare the 2 like this: Gusts' Yosh 450 from the Z400 last year(same as my DVX)=driving a mustang GT, LTR=driving a BMW. The HP numbers are similar, but how they get there are different. The sweet spot on my DVX seemed to be between 6-7K RPM, the LTR is more like 8-9K. But remove the lid, add a K&N, remove the baffle and install a $40 cherry bomb and you're ready for any C class. To be competetive in B you need to gussett the linkage, add a Hinson clutch, and have your stock shocks resprung. I weigh roughly 200lbs and the stockers are crazy stiff. When they loosen the restrictions on the 4 Str Stock class next year, those suckers will be resprung!! Terry Racing sells stockers resprung at nationals for I think $600 for the front and $550 for the rear + yours in trade. The motor is good enough w/ those mods to be as good but more reliable than anything in B or C. The fuel injection is a huge advantage over any carb set up because of how smooth it is.

Hope that helps.

knight rider
06-06-2006, 08:59 PM
ok this is my question if u gonna change everything to lt and change all the shocks whats the point of buying an lt dont get me wrong but i like it alot and mines all stock and i beat dont up yfzs and 450rs all the time and all i have is cherry bomb and baffle out but if u gonna put all that money into that why not buy a honda or yamaha there all around the same power wise there all 450s thats why i laught when i can beat guys on 20.000$ bikes and mines stock just think about it i could of went out and bought a honda 450r and put all new parts on it but i bought the suzukie for one reason its got it already so i didnt have to go out and buy a honda witch i love to death but they dont make a race ready quad now do they just my 2cents
mike

gibson400ex
06-07-2006, 05:09 PM
our family owns a shop here on the east coast so i can get any parts

and another thing is, i have raced the 450r and i dont like it as much as the ltr450, my brother has a full herrmann 450r and im going to have most likely a full herrmann ltr 450

450Racer
06-08-2006, 10:13 PM
I ran the Honda last year. 13:1 wiseco, fully ported, hot cam s2, big gun full system, laeger long travel front & rear w/elkas. I loved the R and it ripped but the new Suzuki's handling is awesome! I kept the stock a-arms and went with Fox Evol x fronts and the rear podium goes on tomorrow. It's already a great handling machine, but a little stiff. I added a Yoshi full system, cherry bomb and pro design intake. We raced the Honda and Suzuki in modded trim and it was very close. The R by a foot or two each time through 4th gear. I will probably bump the compression to 13:1 and put in a web cam. After that, I'm done! And I'll have about 5k less in the LTR and I never have to mess with jetting again.
I raced at budd's creek with stock suspension and an uncorcked stock pipe. I got the holeshot in moto 1 and finished 3rd. The stock shocks were the big thing holding me back. If you are used to the Honda, there is a period of adjustment to get the feel of the LTR. It handles different and you have to change cornering techniques, it flies alot more level, and the power is at a higher RPM... no more lugging. Once you adapt, your lap times should be significantly faster on the LTR. I'm racing production B at Steel City. I hope I have some seat time on the new shocks.. I'm really looking forward to it. Good luck!!!

Anhtony #17