PDA

View Full Version : warrior problem

codybob
05-16-2006, 12:36 AM
hey uhh i have a 02 warrior and it wont idle it just sputters and dies and wen i ride it, it backfires alot...i have taken the carb apart and clean it pretty good the jet was very dirty but i cleaned it off its a factory 150 main jet...it has stock filter and pipe bt the resonator was taken off the muffler im new to warriors so i need some help...the kid i bought it from said it sat for a while....

scruff_mcruff
05-16-2006, 05:30 PM
on the clutch perch there are 3 little push button sensors. one of them is a rev limiter for when the parking brake is engaged. try popping them all out and manually pushing the sensor in. see if that helps at all. if that isnt it, it almost sounds like the motor has jumped time.

codybob
05-16-2006, 06:46 PM
i didnt try that but my pilot jet was clogged so now it idiles...a lil funky still but alt better. but the new problem is now it will idle but a soon and i get on it it coughs and sputters now im thinkin the main jet uhggg. this carb is a real pain

scruff_mcruff
05-16-2006, 08:10 PM
look at the rubber boot between the carb and the head. those boots on warriors are know for getting small tears and causing some havoc.

codybob
05-16-2006, 08:18 PM
thank u i will check that...ill let u know