PDA

View Full Version : FMF Titanium 4 muffler for a Honda 400ex

tjdelaney
05-15-2006, 07:28 PM
Hey all

I am purchasing a FMF Titanium 4 muffler for my 2002 Honda 400ex. Do I need to get a mid pipe or will it slip on the stock pipe?

One more thing....Does anyone have any info on installing a mid pipe for one of these..

Thanks all!
TJ

bigbearkid4x4
05-16-2006, 06:21 PM
im about 90% sure that you need the mid pipe as well, maybe some else will chime in but im pretty sure, they are aroudn 80-90 bucks

400exrida06
05-16-2006, 08:21 PM
I've got the same pipe, and you definately need the mid-pipe, its pretty easy to install, comes with instructions, all you got to do is take off the old pipe and the mid pipe is really small maybe like 6 inches long, and it just slips over the stock pipe or something and the muffler just slips into that, i forget how it goes, but anyways its really easy.

tjdelaney
05-17-2006, 07:33 AM
Thanks for the replies...

So, when you say you remove the old one... On the FMF muffler or the stock pipe???
Cause isn't the stock pipe all one peice??

Thanks
TJ

2muchquad
05-17-2006, 09:27 AM
im pretty sure the stock muffler and mid pipe is one piece.you wont have any trouble:)

PismoLocal
05-17-2006, 11:25 AM
I have the staniless steel mid pipe it costs around $90 new I upgraded to a curtis sparks pipe and would be willing to sell the mid pipe for $45 shipped. Its in perfect condition i only had it installed for 3 rides.

bigbearkid4x4
05-17-2006, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by 400exrida06
I've got the same pipe, and you definately need the mid-pipe, its pretty easy to install, comes with instructions, all you got to do is take off the old pipe and the mid pipe is really small maybe like 6 inches long, and it just slips over the stock pipe or something and the muffler just slips into that, i forget how it goes, but anyways its really easy.

The stock system is a 2 piece deal, the head pipe and the muffler. when u get the fmf you want to take off the muffler on ur stock system, 2 bolts and a clamp, and put the fmf mid pipe on then the fmf muffler. ur exhaust will now be a 3 piece with the fmf. if you have any more questions or need pictures let me know