PDA

View Full Version : Parts

tlbex250
05-15-2006, 07:11 PM
I have a 2002 Honda 250ex and want to make it faster. i know it would be easier to buy a new fourwheeler but i dont have the money. im having a hard time finding parts for it but i was wondering if anyone knew were i could get some. i have tried rockymountainatv.com already and got some stuff from them but want more. let me know

thanks

Tlbex250

jjm400ex
05-15-2006, 07:16 PM
hmf makes an exhaust system for the 250ex.
I'm sure you can get a high comp. piston for it.

BlasterEaten250
05-18-2006, 07:00 AM
What do you have already? I hear HMF makes a good exhaust. Web cam makes a cam (white brothers is the same cam) You can get a bore kit from Powroll. Get a K&N airfilter, I have one, and as long as you keep it clean, it doesn't let dirt though and adds good power for the money. You can port too. Also a new rev limiter from Big Gun will raise the top speed.

You should also look into new tires and suspension. The stock suspension bottoms out way to easily if you are over 150 pounds. Plus new suspension will help it handle better, along with new tires. Elka and Works both make a cheaper version for the 250. Good handleing will make you just as fast as if you have a fully modified motor.

ryanh250ex
05-18-2006, 10:27 AM
depends on alot of things, where you ride (woods, mx crap, dunes), and how much money you wanna spend.

here's what i did:

Pro Circuit t-4 full system: 380
UNI air filter: 30
removing airbox lid: free
112 main jet (i'm 150 ft above sea level in NJ): 5 bucks

for just over 400 bucks you have a machine that moves out pretty well.

up next is to go to a 350X carb and possibly port the head....stay tuned...

btw if you want good handling get some 450R front shocks and the ebay shock conversion kit