PDA

View Full Version : Banshee hp?

flauge
05-14-2006, 11:39 PM
A buddy of mine wants to know about how much hp his shee is making.. Its got trinity pipes and been jetted. thanks

86350x
06-07-2006, 12:07 AM
Not sure how trinity's perform. But I'd say around 44hp.

raptordude
07-30-2006, 08:48 AM
Tell your buddy to take it somewhere & put it on a Dyno machine...

I do know they have 37 hp completely stock...

broke
07-30-2006, 09:08 AM
He's looking right around 40-42 realistically.

raptordude
07-30-2006, 10:21 AM
I'm in the process of having a couple things done to my Rappy right now and HMF is supposed to put it on the dyno afterwards.I am havin a K&N powerlid put on & a rejet...I can't wait to see what the results are!:D

07-30-2006, 10:55 AM
a good piped banshee, jetted and what not will make 46 or so HP....

broke
07-30-2006, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Honda86
a good piped banshee, jetted and what not will make 46 or so HP....

Alot of that is going to depend on the pipe and how close the jetting is. "Piped and jetted" is always a newbie phrase to me. Jetting comes with any and all engine mods and weather/altitude changes. I jet my quad close to 25 times a year and only ride it about the same amount of time. I don't consider jetting to be a modification, only to correct the air/fuel ratio.

Just adding pipes will see minimal gains if the complete Airbox is still there. I'd bet sub 40 with the snorkle.

08-02-2006, 08:26 AM
you jet 25 times a year!!!???? why?? you wont see that much of a change as fa as temps go...and no i am not a newbie...i just say piped and jetted because some people put pipes on and dont change the jets.... you dont have to jet 25 times a year, thats nuts!!! if u rejet after u have all the motor mods done and get it close, itll be aright...and with the lid still on 45 or so HP is possible

broke
08-06-2006, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Honda86
you jet 25 times a year!!!???? why?? you wont see that much of a change as fa as temps go...and no i am not a newbie...i just say piped and jetted because some people put pipes on and dont change the jets.... you dont have to jet 25 times a year, thats nuts!!! if u rejet after u have all the motor mods done and get it close, itll be aright...and with the lid still on 45 or so HP is possible

I rejet every time I have it out. My mains change around 5-6 times a year, my pilots rarely change, needle gets moved constantly and my airscrew gets tweaked during the ride. I'm a freak about my motor. Banshees aren't like the new 4 strokes, those hardly ever need jetting changes. My bike is *****y, but rewards me with terrifying rides every time we're out.

08-08-2006, 03:36 PM
last time i rejetted my banshee was 2 or 3 years ago and it still hauls ***, i figure if it aint broke then dont fix it...i run everything i own a tad on the rich side (much rather foul a plug then blow a piston)....you dont have to rejet 25 times a year, save yourself all the lil minor issues and just go ut and ride

broke
08-12-2006, 09:34 AM
I make a run, read the plug, change what needs to changed and ride. It takes five minutes.

I have close to $20,000 in to my quad. I'm a little past leave it rich and just ride. I built a high end motor that needs a little bit of love quite often. Sure it might be a pain in the ***, but most people will never know what it's like to ride something like this. If you don't want to take the time to make sure your bike runs the best it can, great, but I will never be like that.

08-12-2006, 11:20 AM
post up a pic of your quad...i wanna see it...whats done to the motor???

broke
08-12-2006, 01:06 PM
http://www2.propichosting.com/Images/501084/70.jpg

http://www2.propichosting.com/Images/501084/71.jpg

I don't know why it won't post pictures, but here is a link to them, top bike on the page.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=202323&perpage=15&pagenumber=8

The motor is a 4mm 12port RZ motor built by Passion Racing. It has stock Banshee cases with the tranfer tunnels ported. Banshee gear cluster, RZ forks and drum. 4mm stroker crank, Two extra intake ports added, two extra tranfers port added. Powervalves were cut to match the exhaust ports. Head cut for improved top end, combustion chamber cut and reshaped for 110 octane to work with the rest of the porting. Rocket exhaust, V-force reeds, Lectron 32mm carbs. FZR clutch fibers, barnett steels, FZR springs, pancake bearing.

The only stock parts in the motor are the cases and the gear clusters.

08-13-2006, 07:42 AM
whats it run on the dyno??? thats one bad *** banshee

broke
08-13-2006, 04:02 PM
It's never been on a dyno, and probably never will. These motors from this builder are right around 80HP. The dyno is only a tuning tool. I can get my jetting almost spot on, so no need to go to one. It's fast, very fast actually.

08-13-2006, 06:26 PM
yeah, that about 10 or 12 hp more then my shee, i figure mines in the high 60s, and might peak out at 70 hp...i am runnin toomeys, cool head, v force reeds, 34 pj carbs, K and n clamp ons, .20 over vitos pistons, full drag porting....it pulls good, i love the banshee

loboboy
10-27-2006, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by broke
It's never been on a dyno, and probably never will. These motors from this builder are right around 80HP. The dyno is only a tuning tool. I can get my jetting almost spot on, so no need to go to one. It's fast, very fast actually.

I agree with you broke,
I jet mine almost as often. I am very picky about how the bike pulls off the corners and if it isn't perfect I will tweak the air screw and the needle to get it just right. some people will just ride it the way it is, although I did this for several years, once you find the perfect jetting you become very picky and want it that way all the time.

I do tune mine on the dyno once in the spring and once in the fall to check things and then I tweak it to rider preference in between. The dyno is strictly a tuning tool not a bench racing argument. I know there are several people with more HP out there but it is how you use it that counts.

Doug Roll from Roll Design said it the best " it isn't how much you have it is how you use what you've got." You can have all the power in the world but if you can't use it on the track it is useless.