PDA

View Full Version : Piercings

hessianmx111
05-14-2006, 06:45 PM
I've been thinking about getting either my lip or my tongue pierced for a while now and was just wondering if any of yall have had either done, and like what the care for them was and how long you can have it out without it closing up, because my work wont allow it. Anyway if you have any piercings, post pics or whatever.

derekhonda
05-14-2006, 06:51 PM
You should get them both pierced....together :devil:

ShiftFMX
05-14-2006, 06:52 PM
Good luck on getting a positive response on this one. I tried, and it ended bad

derekhonda
05-14-2006, 06:55 PM
I don't have a problem with piercings. In fact on girls I love them. But in all honesty, to me it looks like a cry for attention. You want to add things to your body to make people look at you, thats basically what it boils down too...and I find that pretty stupid. But it is your life and your body...I say go ahead and do it. That way it will give you something to reflect back on in 5 years and remember how silly you were.

Mxjunkie
05-14-2006, 07:03 PM
I see body modication just as it sounds your modifying your body. You dont ride around on a stock 450r or a stock car why would you want to walk around in a stock human body? Personally I cannot wait to get my sleves done and all my piercings. My back is getting done in memory of my grand mother and my pop pop is going over my heart. For some people they may think its foolish or a cry for attention, I just think they wont allow them selfs to try it.

I say go for it and screw what people say.

hessianmx111
05-14-2006, 07:11 PM
I really don't care if other people like it or not, I like the way the way it looks and that's all that really matters to me.

PismoLocal
05-14-2006, 07:13 PM
You should do it. I always wanted to get something peirced or some crazy tatoo but I have a job that doesn't allow either.

dober250R
05-14-2006, 07:14 PM
I had my tongue pierced, but I took it out when I got a real job. It doesn't look very professional. I have my ears pierced as well, but when I get a really good job, I will be only wearing them after work. A tongue piercing doesn't really hurt. The clamp hurts worse than the needle. And everytime you eat, you have to wash your mouth out with listerene. It hurts like a sum when u accidentally bite it. I've had 1, my girlfriends had em, it's not a big deal.

ELewandowski
05-14-2006, 08:00 PM
I got my tongue peirced right out of high school in 2000, I had it for 2 years, it was worth it only cause at the time i liked it and it didnt conflict with anything going on in my life. I wouldnt do it now, but it was cool back then. The tongue heals VERY FAST. When i decided I didnt want it anymore, i took it out, and about 2 hours later i decided i still wanted it, but too late, it was closed up. So i dont suggest it if it conflicts with your job, but if you can get away with it, go for it. To each his own, some people dont like peircings and tats and say they are stupid, but if you like them, get them.

05-14-2006, 08:16 PM
If your work doesnt allow it after it heals you can take it out of put a plug in. Plug's and retainers are clear or skin colored so they're not nearly as noticable.

05-14-2006, 08:18 PM
And www.bodyartforms.com is the place to go for jewlery.

ELewandowski
05-14-2006, 09:39 PM
thats cool, i didnt even know they had plugs like that. oh well, too late now. lol

trx 200
05-14-2006, 10:19 PM
imagine though having tongue or lip pierced and wreck and smack your chin off the handlebars eh? betcha that would hurt like a mother beotch

05-14-2006, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by trx 200
imagine though having tongue or lip pierced and wreck and smack your chin off the handlebars eh? betcha that would hurt like a mother beotch If you smashed your chin into the handle bars its gonna hurt like a mother "beotch" no matter what kind of stuff you have going through your tounge.

trx 200
05-14-2006, 10:23 PM
what i am saying if your tongue gets caught tween your teeth and you rip off half your tongue...OMG IT HURTS JUST THINKING OF IT!

LittleMissE
05-14-2006, 10:24 PM
I posted in the tatoos b/c I want one now but when I get older I my not want it anymore at least with piercings you can take them out and the holes will usally heel!!!

Doober
05-14-2006, 10:59 PM
well a little while back i had my lip pierced, took it out for a day and it closed, so i had to get it re-pierced, then took it out again for some reason and it closed so i said screw it....if that helps any

PismoLocal
05-15-2006, 12:18 AM
At my current job your not even allowed to have a plug in.

vpofthedrc
05-15-2006, 09:13 AM
If your job won't allow you to have them, you can forget about it. Especially, with a tongue ring, the maintenance with it is, very tough at first. Limited to what you can do, and it has to stay in for awhile. I disagree about it closing up in 2 hours though. I got mine done in 98, and took it out in 04. A few months back, out of curiousity, I stuck one in there, and it went in with no problems. I would never get a piercing on my face though. I have 5 in my ears, a few less than my wife. She is 30, I'm 26. We have a 6 month old daughter. They are easy to take out when its time to be professional and mature :)

If you get a tattoo, take a long time to think about it. Don't get something you will regret in many years to come. I have a cross on one bicep, and my daughters name with a princess crown on the other. I really don't think I will regret either one of them.

ELewandowski
05-15-2006, 02:50 PM
Tongues heal at different paces. Mine sealed up in two hours, I might of been able to force it through, but it just wasn't worth it. But if your only at 12 or 14 guage size in your tongue, it will heal up very fast, within a day.

05-15-2006, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by ELewandowski
Tongues heal at different paces. Mine sealed up in two hours, I might of been able to force it through, but it just wasn't worth it. But if your only at 12 or 14 guage size in your tongue, it will heal up very fast, within a day. I saw a guy in an ad on a website for earrings and such with 00's in his tounge and ears:huh Ewwz.

spent21
05-15-2006, 03:21 PM
i had my tongue pierced for ~2 years. it gets irritating having something in your mouth all the time. i got to where i'd take it out for a little while then put it back in an hour or so later just for some relief. one night i forgot to put it back in and the next morning it went in fine. i did that quite a few times, then swallowed a "knocker" that fell off of a ball, so i took it out. a week later, i could still put it in. i did that off and on for awhile, until i finally decided i didn't want it anymore. it took 3 weeks before it wouldn't go back. i think mine took so long because i would take it out so often, but the newer the "wound" the quicker it will heal.