PDA

View Full Version : Newbies help thread..

Mxjunkie
05-14-2006, 06:26 PM
Allrighty with the steady flow of Newbies and all I think we need to have a sit down with them and some of the members on here...

PM's....

This is a fourm, not aim chat. Keep conversations to PM's and such it helps keep the fourms from getting cluttered up with nonsense for people to read.

:Example:

Hey redracer69 how are you doing.

That is a post that is better used as a PM.

Posts...

I'm sure many of you guys have been called post whores and such, dont stress it some people just get a little upset when you guys post over and over again. We have many sections on the board surf around and post everywhere instead of just the open!

Please try and use atleast some sort of grammar and attempt to spell words correctly. It makes it alot easyier and it makes you look a lot better on the fourms! Also posts with good information in them is where its at, we come on here for quads hence atvriders.com we dont want to read someone bashing someone in a thread about a 400ex carb.

If you have a problem with your four wheeler post it in the correct fourm for the best answers, just because more people are in open fourm does not mean everyone in open is a expert for your quad. Chances are the guys that know the most about your quad are in the designated section for your atv!

Be nice to the mods...

When the mods close your thread, its for a reason. There is no reason why you should make another thread protesting the subject. Politely PM the mod that closed your thread or any mod and discuss the problem with them. This helps keep the fourms clean and the problem isnt made into a huge ordeal with someone getting banned if need be!

Site rules....

1. If you don't like someone, make believe you do or don't respond. Personal attacks will not be tolerated.
2. Leave the flamers to the moderators, don't respond.
3. Refrain from swearing, making sexual and drug references,or creating alternate usernames.
4. Feel free to attach ATV related pictures to you posts. Pictures of riders without helmets will be deleted - riding without a helmet is very dangerous and is an activity strongly comdemned by ATVriders.
5. No commercial advertising of any sort, except for advertising for our sponsors/paid advertisers - including banners in posts, avatars, or signature lines, website addresses, phone numbers, or messages (public or private). This includes users advertising for different shops or companies. We enjoy all shops taking part in ATVriders but no contact information, including websites or phone numbers. The administrator alone will make the final decision on what is advertising but as a simple rule it covers all retail shops, chop shops, and product manufacturers big and small. Manufacturers are strongly encouraged to post information on their own products, but please no ads or prices. Violation of this rule will result in one warning and then a permanent ban.
6. ATVriders.com does not promote, certify, or endorse any of the sellers, buyers, or seller's merchandise. There is always risk involved with purchasing from unknown individuals online. You alone assume all risk and responsibility for those transactions. You alone are responsible for taking necessary precautions to protect yourself from potential internet fraud. ATVriders.com will play no role whatsoever in transactions initiated by individuals acting on their own behalf in the Classifieds section.

1. If you don't like someone, make believe you do or don't respond. Personal attacks will not be tolerated.
2. Leave the flamers to the moderators, don't respond.
3. Refrain from swearing, making sexual and drug references,or creating alternate usernames.

These are the 3 that are the most broken rules out of all of them. Follow these rules and it will make the board fun for everyone! Just because you've been here since 2001, 2002,2003 or 2004 doesnt give you the right to be a royal prick to someone asking a question!

feel free to post anymore information for the noobs and memebers I took the time to type this up and asked some members for their adivce so dont ruin this.
:)

DO NOT TURN THIS INTO A FLAME FEST

97blaster200
05-14-2006, 06:28 PM
make it a sticky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honda TRX250ex
05-14-2006, 06:28 PM
Sticky this now!!!

05-14-2006, 06:29 PM
You spelled grammar wrong.

JR3
05-14-2006, 06:30 PM
Wow make it a sticky.

ShiftFMX
05-14-2006, 06:30 PM

05-14-2006, 06:31 PM
dont hate tha playa, hate tha game!

xx3003xrdrxx
05-14-2006, 06:41 PM
Jesus Christ , I cannot Freaking stand watching your stupid arse posts and lame responses to everything. You waste of air hommie. Go back to the crib and chill with your boys for christ sake but quit making such absolutely pointless remarks and cluttering up the thread with your stupid *** gangsta replys. :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

ShiftFMX
05-14-2006, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by the gangsta

How old are you...Dawg?

Mxjunkie
05-14-2006, 06:43 PM
Ok that post above is an example of what we DONT want on the fourms. Keep that crap in a PM.

Your being really disrespectful when some memebers and I are trying to help but you decide to flip out randomly on a member. I wanted to make a thread to help people not a flame fest. :tired:

zeppelin
05-14-2006, 06:46 PM
:ermm: this is how to post a pic

JR3
yea someone might as well of just shot it.

PolarisRider
Originally posted by Mxjunkie

Please try and use atleast some sort of grammar and attempt to spell words correctly. It makes it alot easyier and it makes you look a lot better on the fourms! Also posts with good information in them is where its at, we come on here for quads hence atvriders.com we dont want to read someone bashing someone in a thread about a 400ex carb.

[/B]

rofl, find the word you spelled wrong

05-14-2006, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by xx3003xrdrxx
Jesus Christ , I cannot Freaking stand watching your stupid arse posts and lame responses to everything. You waste of air hommie. Go back to the crib and chill with your boys for christ sake but quit making such absolutely pointless remarks and cluttering up the thread with your stupid *** gangsta replys. :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

take a pill

trick250r
05-14-2006, 06:51 PM
sticky please!!!!!!!!!

97blaster200
05-14-2006, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by xx3003xrdrxx

someone has pms...calm down...hes just trying to help!

procircuit406ex
05-14-2006, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by the gangsta

seriously,stop trying to raise your post count. nobody cares:ermm:

Aceman
05-14-2006, 07:17 PM
Nice post MXJUNKIE!:macho

Sometimes the immature kids need to be reminded this isn't a kindergarten classroom where you can chat about how bored you are today. Use the PM feature, that's what it's there for!! I'd delete everyones post aside from Mxjunkies and Zeppelins and then sticky it.

Mxjunkie
05-14-2006, 07:28 PM
I'll have to see if I can get it stickyed

Any one else want to post more helpful information? Anything that you can think of that will help some people out!

Like how to use the Bold and IMG buttons.

05-14-2006, 07:32 PM
Dont piss off mofo? Spell cheak befor you post.

05-14-2006, 07:37 PM
Google toolbar spell check. Everyone get it.

PismoLocal
05-14-2006, 07:43 PM
cheak

Originally posted by banshee91
Dont piss off mofo? Spell cheak befor you post.

lmao Like this or should I capitalize "cheak" every time b4 I post?

LittleMissE
05-14-2006, 07:58 PM
This is a good post if anyone desides to lisen to it!!!!! I am sorta new to this site!!! But I read the rules and I think I fallow them pretty well!!! I am just not a very good speller but if it is far off I will ask someone around me how to spell it or go on somewhere with spell check to spell the words correctly!!!

BlasterEaten250
05-14-2006, 08:05 PM
[....B] (take out periods) put that in the front of words you want to bold.
[..../B] (take out periods, leave in the dash) put that behind the word you want to bold.

LittleMissE
05-14-2006, 08:07 PM
LIKE THIS

I was just making sure I knew how to do it!!!!!

miller821
05-14-2006, 08:20 PM
Don't type with your caps lock on...
You can use photobucket or imageshack to post pictures easily.. there are more sites but those two are pretty good..
A lot of people will just mess around with you, try and just laugh it off and not take it personal...
Ask questions if you need to...
Check out all the sections and what there about before posting a question or thread in the wrong section..
Besides that your good to go.

LittleMissE
05-14-2006, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by ride hard man
Don't type with your caps lock on...
You can use photobucket or imageshack to post pictures easily.. there are more sites but those two are pretty good..
A lot of people will just mess around with you, try and just laugh it off and not take it personal...
Ask questions if you need to...
Check out all the sections and what there about before posting a question or thread in the wrong section..
Besides that your good to go.

Sorry about that if you ment that toward me!!! I usally dont type like that I was just trying to show that I learn something from BlasterEaten250!!!!

05-14-2006, 08:47 PM
:grr:
edit- JOEX

05-14-2006, 08:48 PM
-edit- JOEX-

LittleMissE
05-14-2006, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by MXFourTwoEight
And to quote someone, use the god damn quote button.

Yeah I dislike when you cant understand if someone is quoting someone or is writing the same thing that someone else already said!!! I am going to add to the list of things.... Try to read what you write before you post it to make sure it makes since so at least people have a chance of understanding it. B/c sometimes when people just leave out a word or a letter in a word it makes it hard to read.

miller821
05-15-2006, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by LittleMissE
Sorry about that if you ment that toward me!!! I usally dont type like that I was just trying to show that I learn something from BlasterEaten250!!!!
No, I wasn't directing it to anyone in particular, but some people type there whole reply in caps lock, and it hurts my eyes to read it and i'm sure others feel the same..
But lets bump this back toward the top anyways so some people can read it some more and add to what we already got..;)

coolex
05-15-2006, 10:15 PM
dont make a thread about illegal downloads

Hon300ex
05-16-2006, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by coolex
dont make a thread about illegal downloads

it should be anything illegal at all

05-16-2006, 01:45 PM
Don't use profanity?

Mxjunkie
05-16-2006, 04:41 PM
No posts about running from the cops on your quads or dirtbikes.

Warnerade
05-16-2006, 05:40 PM
:ermm:

Toadz400
05-16-2006, 07:48 PM
It's funny because you spelled a lot of things wrong.

Anyone remember the sticky I had that had the newb video? That thing was classic.

You forgot the biggest issue on this site - the lack of use of the Search button.

SEARCH people!!!

Another big issue is all the arguments that go down on this site, most of them being about which brand is better. Brand loyality is a huge problem on this site and I just wish everyone could at least TRY and get along. I'm sick of everyone saying Yamaha sucks, Ride Red!! or Honda sucks, Yammy for life!!! Or whatever you idiots say. If you are brand loyal most of the time you don't know anything and you are just proving your lack of intelligence by posting that one brand is SO much better than the other one. You know why? Because it's not true! No one brand is the ultimate brand, every company makes mistakes and every company has their ups and downs. And YES, I have owned ALL THREE of the Big 3 machine's, and I am usually always completely unbiased in any of my opinions about riding a machine. Now shut up and go back to school and learn how to spell, or as one kid put it..."skool".

*whew* I feel a lot better.

Mxjunkie
05-16-2006, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Toadz400
It's funny because you spelled a lot of things wrong.

I have a cold give me a break, atleast I didnt type it like this..

Yo dawgss u bess listen to us cuz we are de exridas.com aiight dawg

This is what I mean by SPELLING, nothing wrong with a few words that are not spelt right, its when the whole post you cant go more then every sentence with a spelling error that is no where close to what the word is.

Toadz400
05-16-2006, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
I have a cold give me a break, atleast I didnt type it like this..

Yo dawgss u bess listen to us cuz we are de exridas.com aiight dawg

You have a cold? What does that have to do with typing?:confused: Seriously, no offense and I'm not trying to pick a fight with you. Just saying...I was loaded up on vicadin last week and pretty much out of this world from having my wisdom teeth pulled out and I still managed to spell everything right when I typed. And once again, I wasn't picking a fight with you, I was just pointing out that it's kind of funny that one of your points is spelling yet you spelled some things wrong. But at least you spell a lot better than most of the young kids on this site, and even some of the older people.

05-16-2006, 08:04 PM
it doesnt take a jenious to spell!

400ex28
05-16-2006, 08:09 PM
yo waSup gUyz howZ it goin yall Juss nedd ta jUs chiliL a lil Biit

redracing88
05-17-2006, 11:13 AM
be respectfull and dont brag "to much" thats about it