PDA

View Full Version : head polishing

preddymoto
05-14-2006, 04:28 PM
does anyone have their head polished or ported. thinking about doin it wanna know if it's worth it. give me some feedback. Let me know if you have any tips or advice.

Bradracer18
05-15-2006, 06:14 AM
Well.....I'd suggest Doug Nicholas to do it....as he spends the most time on them, but he's also by far the most expensive. I'd personally suggest a high compression piston first....and a good intake/exhaust(header included) system too. This will help maxamize your flow.

preddymoto
05-15-2006, 10:23 AM
i was just planning on doing it myself. i have alll the tools to do it i was just wondering if anyone knew how much work and what not goes into it. thanks anyways

Bradracer18
05-15-2006, 11:32 AM
ha......ok.......hmmmm......I highly doubt you know what you are doing, by the questions. What tools do you have?? Do you have any knowledge of what you are doing??

preddymoto
05-15-2006, 05:45 PM
i've done plenty of small engine's. sorry the way i word stuff doesn't sound like i know what i'm doing. i was just throwing the question out there. sorry. trial and error is the way i learn.

Bradracer18
05-16-2006, 11:58 AM
If you've got the cash(for if you screw the head up).....then go for it.....I highly suggest a flow bench, otherwise you don't really know what your are doing. Remember the 4 stroke head is much different than the 2 stroke heads.......

preddymoto
05-17-2006, 07:25 AM
Yeah thanks for looking out for me pal ! :ermm:

Bradracer18
05-18-2006, 02:45 PM
ya wise @ss.......don't ask for opinions if you don't want them......I guess I obvisously have no intelligence on this topic, seens how I've already done this mod, considered doing it myself, and also searched around for the cheapest/most powerful route.......but go ahead......keep in mind though, you CAN actually loose power.