PDA

View Full Version : got a virus - need help!

Jake250ex
05-14-2006, 04:26 PM
Im pretty sure I got a virus on my computer :(

I was on AOL IM and a new screen from one of my buddies popped up and said "do you mind if I use this picture of you for my myspace?" so I clicked on the link. It saved it as pic 002 on my computer, and then I deleted it. Now my computer is super slow, Im getting pop up ads like crazy, and when it first starts a table pops up and says text 1 at the top. What do I do?

LTandRaptorider
05-14-2006, 04:39 PM
Install AND update once a week, an Anti-Virus program and spyware program. You may have spyware worms doing nasty stuff to your pc. I have Norton Anti-Virus and Firewall. For spyware, I use Spyware Detector, which costs $29.95... Well worth it! A free one that is decent is Ad-Aware Personal SE...

Spyware software...
www.spywaredetector.net

Anit-virus...
www.symantec.com

red4r
05-15-2006, 12:18 AM
DUDE the same thing happend to me yesterday!!!!! and my dads latop got like 20 trojan horses and stuff your comps screwed unless you use every antvirus possible and have it scan and delete everything
but luckily my dad works for microsoft and fixed it b4 the virus's destroyed my laptop yay:D

EVERYONE WATCH OUT FOR THIS DO NOT OPEN THE FILE

450rrider69
05-15-2006, 06:14 AM
go on to microsoft.com and download there anti spyware, it will work. then go on zonelabs.com and download zone alarm, its a virus protector and a firewall. good luck, if any questions pm me.