PDA

View Full Version : LA Dunes

tjs4
05-14-2006, 02:33 PM
anyone headed to la dunes not sure when but deff in a few weeks gotta wait til my ciz gets his drag banshee top end rebuilt
well have

2001 warrior-fmf exhaust
2004 blaster-fmf full exhaust,boost bottle,weisco,ect
2 banshees one is really fastjus got extended swingarm
2005 raptor
beartracker

Philly Boy
06-02-2006, 08:19 AM
I am a new rider in LA where are the dunes located? Would like to hook up and ride with some of you.

LaLaLoosh
06-02-2006, 09:10 AM
where are they located?? are they any good??

bayou boy
06-02-2006, 09:10 AM
the dunes are located in forest hill...about an hour north of lafayette on I 49. take the forest hill exit then go left about 15 miles cross a rail road track...the road ends at this intersection. go left about 5 miles there is a sign on the right marking the road to it. it is ok to ride there but not the best by far. they have the spill way which is about an hour from baton rouge. it is free to ride lots of woods trails, some tracks, drag racing etc. they also have sicily island or the dunes in mississippi. I am in brazil right now but will be home in 2 weeks we can hook up to ride when I get back if you want. I usually ride at least 3 weekends a month at different places

LaLaLoosh
06-02-2006, 09:19 AM
i try to ride at least every weekend. shoot me a pm, i am always looking for new places to ride.

CHEVYZ
06-02-2006, 09:22 AM
I will probably be heading out somewhere next week. I am planning on either taking a nice trip out to somewhere like Little Sahara, or I may go to one of the dunes either in LA or MS. Bayou boy, whenever you come back, I look forward to trying to make another ride out somewhere with you if you still want to head out somewhere... I really want sand, though! :blah: I just sold my engine and HRC kit, so I can get some GOOD paddles (Hauler 8 paddle tires with rims on Ebay right now for as low as $240.00 minus the shipping... ain't too shabby). I am also trying my *** of to get my buddies with the 370r, YFZ 450s, and the 240 Blaster to come on out. I have some friends with dirtbikes and a Raptor interested as well. I doubt many of them will come, those are just the few that will be most likely. :macho

Anyway, if any of you guys want to make a trip out sometime around next week, I would be happy to make the trip with you.

LaLaLoosh
06-02-2006, 09:27 AM
i just got back from L:ittle Sahara. i will post some pics.

a good place for tires is http://www.rockymountainatv.com/ they definately have some great prices.

LaLaLoosh
06-02-2006, 09:29 AM
check out this thread from Little Sahara. just got back and i am ready to go again.

it is awesome..

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=234869

CHEVYZ
06-02-2006, 09:33 AM
Yeah, I was checking that out, and it is really what got me interested. The only problem for me is that its like a 12 hour trip where as the dunes in Mississippi are like 2 hours away. Never been to either, so I would like to try out both.

Cannot find Haulers on RockyMountauin, though. Usually when I do, they are all sold out. I will probably order them tonight an see how quickly I can get them shipped here. :devil: These angled paddles that I have aren't worth a crap by design. :ermm:

CHEVYZ
06-02-2006, 09:36 AM
Philly Boy, I see that you are right there in Baton Rouge, eh? It wouldn't be too hard for us to get together for a ride. I live in Reserve, so we aren't much of a drive from each other. :D

tjs4
06-02-2006, 07:37 PM
yea hey yall theyre in forest hill about a 2 and a half hour drive outta br and well we set a date fathers day weekend were leaving that friday i think the 16 yea well be there holla

Philly Boy
06-02-2006, 08:40 PM
CHEVYZ,

That sounds great you can give me a call when you want to hookup 225-572-3723 later..

bayou boy
06-03-2006, 03:54 AM
it is prolly pretty hot at little sahara right now. the fall would probably be better.....get the 9 paddle haulers. I spin the crap out of the 8. I even tried to stretch them to get a lil more roll out on the tire. cant wait till the 15th home sweet home...I do get to ride here though.....we have some lil 50cc scooters they got us to get around the yard here. lol i can ride a lil wheelie on it if i sit on the back fender. we lined em up day before yesterday....I pulled the others hard out the hole but got smoked on the top end. needless to say the brazilians think we are nuts:D

CHEVYZ
06-03-2006, 07:08 AM
Philly Boy, I will give you a call when I find out more about a trip. You think that you can make it? What are you riding on? It would be nice to have you out there with us!

tjs4, I will see if we are going the same week-end, but I doubt it. It will most likely be next week(end).

Bayou boy, LMAO at the Brazilian comment! I hear you on little Sahara though, I bet its steaming right about now! I don't know about 9 paddle haulers though, they are hard to come across and I need them for next week. I will probably get the 8... I don't see where I would need any more if I could ever learn to launch the damn things. If I do, though, I will probably just turn around and either sell these or those slanted paddles for a 9 paddle set. I found a set on universal rims.... used twice but the are like new, hey they are paddles though! I may snag them up tonight for a good price, then I can have them for next week, plus my buddy can run them (And, of course, I will have more cash to spend rather than otherwise). Haha, I still cannot believe you all are out their breaking out the scooters on those people. Sounds like my kind of trip.:p

tjs4
06-03-2006, 09:09 AM
sounds good if we c ne of yall there well be on these bikes plus a brand new kodiak 450, recon,and if my cuz and his wife come 2 banshees

400eXr1d3rZ
06-03-2006, 11:36 AM
damn, i want to go to the dunes NOW!!!!:blah:

CHEVYZ
06-03-2006, 12:52 PM
Haha, wait about a week or two and you can come with some of us!:blah:

Philly Boy
06-03-2006, 05:10 PM
CHEVYZ,

That sounds good soot me dates and I will mark the calendar. I am riding 05 450R.
Thinking about picking up a new bike for my ten year old girl any suggestions on size. Think a 350 Raptor is too much?

CHEVYZ
06-03-2006, 05:40 PM
What do you say to next week-end? Probably Saturday and Sunday. We have an 05 and 06 450r that we will be bringing. Trying to get my buddies to come with us as well, so it should be a nice group ride! :cool:

As for your girl, that sounds great! I have checked out the 350 Raptors, and I think that they are some pretty darn good little bikes. Power is there, but not crazy and room for improvement. Very reliable especially, so very good for beginners and young riders. :D

CHEVYZ
06-04-2006, 05:28 AM
I just won those paddles. $200.00 shipped! Cannot wait to get them and test them out this week-end! http://i24.ebayimg.com/03/i/07/4a/a7/3b_1.JPG

Jap042782
06-04-2006, 05:03 PM
hey guys i'm in louisiana. if anyone wants to meet up at wiggins,ms The drag racing on sundays is awsome out there

CHEVYZ
06-04-2006, 05:05 PM
We are going, and I am trying to get Philly Boy to come with us. ;)
If you think that you will be out there next week, let us know!

Jap042782
06-04-2006, 06:12 PM
yea i will be there on sunday 6/11/06. it should be cool to have a big group out there.

bayou boy
06-05-2006, 03:24 AM
chevy yall going to mississippi or LA dunes?

CHEVYZ
06-05-2006, 05:21 AM
Well, I was planning on trying to make a trip out to Mississippi since I heard that it was a little closer and better.

CHEVYZ
06-05-2006, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by Jap042782
yea i will be there on sunday 6/11/06. it should be cool to have a big group out there. Great! I will be sure to look for you out there, I am sure that we will be there! What are you going to be riding on, and what kind of vehicle will you be coming in on? I will be sure to look for you out there!

bayou boy
06-05-2006, 08:56 AM
i may make it out that way on the sunday. got to order me some new paddles also.

CHEVYZ
06-05-2006, 09:04 AM
You gonna be back for this Sunday, or do you mean the next one?

Whenever you get back and are ready for a trip, I should be able to go as well. If you are gonna be there this time around, even better!

bayou boy
06-05-2006, 09:11 AM
I will be back june 15th....gonna tell the wife to have the quads on the trailer at the airport....lol I will prolly go that sunday...is the 17th the day yall are talking about?

CHEVYZ
06-05-2006, 09:46 AM
I am making it out there on the 10th and 11th hopefully, but if you are going next week-end, I will see about a trip then as well. :p

Jap042782
06-05-2006, 04:58 PM
i'll be in a blue dodge ram and on a silver polaris predator
i plan on being there this sunday 6/11

CHEVYZ
06-05-2006, 05:23 PM
Alright, nice! We will be there in a green Chevy truck. Two black 450rs, one an 06, the other an 05. Green helmet on one of us, yellow on the other.:D

zeppelin
06-05-2006, 08:15 PM
wow where did all of the louisiana people come, from it used to be just like 2 of us...

bayou boy
06-06-2006, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by zeppelin
wow where did all of the louisiana people come, from it used to be just like 2 of us...

mey sha...takes a while to get all da pirogues out da swamp

06-06-2006, 12:23 PM
I live in Hammond can I hitch a ride with one of yall??:D LOL
I cant wait to I get my truck:)

86 Quad R
06-07-2006, 03:59 PM
hey CHEVYZ where do you guys ride the dunes in mississippi ?

CHEVYZ
06-07-2006, 04:57 PM
Like where is the place? I haven't been there before, so it is a first trip for me, but Bayou Boy has been before. If I am correct the place is called Sand Hill and is in Wiggins, MS. It is a supposedly pretty darn nice and open place to ride.:cool:

LOL, Jason#19, you can catch a ride with me. When I pass, just run and jump in and we will be back on our way. :p

LMAO Bayou Boy....... where did everyone just come from? It is like all of a sudden there was just bunch of us. :p

tjs4
06-07-2006, 04:59 PM
whats up jason bra i got a 2001 warrior when yall headed up thurr we aint goin till next weekend

06-07-2006, 07:12 PM
tjs4 I don’t have a ride:( Hopefully I will get a truck in the next couple of months:)
My quad is in pieces right now getting a engine rebuild.

bayou boy
06-08-2006, 03:24 AM
dunno if i am going on the 18th. the wife wants to go to the camp so i guess i will be killing trout instead....but never count me out;)

tjs4
06-08-2006, 07:26 PM
i cant wait its only a week from now when were goin and im gettin my clutches fixed so theyll be fresh for the dunes and im finally puttin my nerfs on its gonna be sweet that creek is so freikin cold though but its sweet i love it up thu

ac grab bar
ac bumper

hope to c a buncha people there last time there were only like ten people it blows when noones there

i cant wait

06-08-2006, 08:23 PM
tjs4
How far do you live from the Walker WAL MART??

tjs4
06-08-2006, 10:34 PM
i live right down there off of walker south a few miles down do u know where sportsmans is

ac nerfs
ac grab bar

yamaha is where its at

CHEVYZ
06-09-2006, 06:37 PM
Grrr... paddles will not be here until Monday! I guess I just won't be doing as much racing... I may see if I can get anything out of what I have, but I doubt it. Haha, anyone have some straight paddles I could borrow? :p

Oh well, though. I will have them for next week for sure, and if I like it, I will be going again. Not gonna be a big trip this time, but I will try to round upn everyone for the next one. :o

CHEVYZ
06-11-2006, 06:34 AM
:scary: *Beware of a long post*:scary:

Well, we went Yesterday (Saturday) and had a blast! We had our share of bad luck, though. The 05 450r is being torn apart as this is being written because of some internal problem within the head. It was ticking loudly when it was started, but as we rode a little more it became quite apparent that there was a REAL problem, and some stange noises started coming from the engine. Not good, so we are gonna take off the head and see if we can see what is going on, or what needs to be sent off or replaced. If there is head damage, I am sending it off for a good ole' port and polish. :D Haha, the funny part was when we got stuck trying to get in the place. We managed to miss the sign going to the actual dunes. Well, later on we turned around and headed down another road. The road we took was right on side of the actual entrance, and actually connected. We ended up basically driving into the dunes (Literally, right next to them on this terribly sandy road), and got stuck... LOL! Luckily, some other guy managed to get stuck up to the bumper in a Z71 (And he worked for the place), and we had a guy get us out with a backhoe get us out. :p

Anyway, those POS tires known as Roosters didn't do too bad with that 06 450r. That thing is an animal with what is on it! There was another guy with a 700 Raptor with 8 paddle extreme Haulers, full system HMF exhaust, airfilter, programmed, ect. My 450r could take it as much as about 3-4 bikes sometimes... with these suck *** tires, too! Make no mistake either, this guy could ride! I was very surprised on how the 06 was doing, and I was quite impressed!. Not a whole lot of competition, though... Saturadays are slow!

All in all we really enjoyed it, and I hope to go back soon.... this time with two bikes and paddles on both. I was going to go again this week-end, but I may wait around and see if I can bring Bayou Boy and some others with me. Either way I will have another bike to ride.... the 450r down means the carb is temporarily up for grabs!

:blah:

Jap042782
06-11-2006, 06:00 PM
hey i was there today sunday and didnt see anybody
let me know the next time you go so we can meet up

CHEVYZ
06-11-2006, 06:58 PM
Alright! I was supposed to stay, but with the bike crapping out like it did, it just wasn't worth the stay. It may be a few weeks, but I will be back pretty soon! Sorry I couldn't make it today. :(