PDA

View Full Version : 250r wiring help!!!

westhall55
05-14-2006, 11:03 AM
hey i was trying to wire in a pro armour kill switch today and cut a bunch of the green wires, which is the ground i guess.after install of the switch i tried it and it wouldnt fire.not even getting spark.took the kill off and connected all of the green wires together and i didnt have any spark.keep in mind everything was workin before this smornin before i cut stuff up!any help or tips would be awsome

250R-Dee
05-14-2006, 11:30 AM
Use the attached pic to check your ground connections and the rest of the harness.

lee37vernon
05-14-2006, 01:24 PM
green = ground , it should be grounded to frame by cdi unit , the black /white wire is the one you connect to earth when you push the kill switch . make sure this isnt earthed out anywhere

TheFontMaster
05-14-2006, 01:42 PM
Before you go any further with the kill switch get the quad running again without it, and start fresh. Check every connection for loose wires. To wire in the kill switch you don't even touch the green ground wire. One wire I belive it is the long wire hooks into the black/yellow power wire that goes to the coil, then the other kill switch wire just goes right to it's own ground, separate from the green ground wire.

lee37vernon
05-14-2006, 03:23 PM
the 2 wires that are by the plugs for the stator ( on the main loom left side of bike under front most edge of tank ) are the ones that run to the original kill switch , just come straight off these . one is black and white the other is green , you can earth it seperately or to this wire but i cant see the point of providing a seperate earth if you have no earthing issues to start with .
mine is an 89 so i'm assuming your loom is the same as mine .

westhall55
05-14-2006, 03:41 PM
thanks! i got it though.for some reason it wasnt grounded right .i hooked mine into the ground and into the hot coil side!

Rich250RRacer
05-14-2006, 09:20 PM
If you still have the stock harness, you can hook it into the plug for the stock kill switch. On 87-89 you can also go into the plug for the key switch.