PDA

View Full Version : Laptop Screen

TGW_400ex
05-14-2006, 07:25 AM
I just found out this mornin that the screen on my laptop broke lastnight. It about my luck does anyone know around how much it will cost to fix?

JForestZ34
05-14-2006, 07:26 AM
Don't really know but I'm bettin it would be cheaper to buy a new one.

James

trick250r
05-14-2006, 07:31 AM
^^^^^ what he said yup yup

<DRS>GPF
05-14-2006, 07:36 AM
its likely that is just the backlight..

ther's places that fix/upgrade them..
whether its worth fixing depends on the value of the laptop..

http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=2756

TGW_400ex
05-14-2006, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by <DRS>GPF
its likely that is just the backlight..

ther's places that fix/upgrade them..
whether its worth fixing depends on the value of the laptop..

http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=2756

No its deffinatly broken. You seel like cracks and stuff. Kind of like when you smash your cellphone. Me and my friend were watching a movie last night. I was tired so he said let me finsh the movie. Woke up this morning turned it on and the screens broke. I'm not in a good mood since I just bought a new hard drive for it a couple weeks ago. That link might help me out though thanks.

<DRS>GPF
05-14-2006, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by TGW_400ex
No its deffinatly broken. You seel like cracks and stuff. Kind of like when you smash your cellphone. Me and my friend were watching a movie last night. I was tired so he said let me finsh the movie. Woke up this morning turned it on and the screens broke. I'm not in a good mood since I just bought a new hard drive for it a couple weeks ago.

sad.. yup its trash.. the link i posted could still point you in the right direction for getting it fixed..

it used to be horribly expensive but now since the places repairing them have increased its better..
i still wouldnt bother with one that has less than a 1gig processor..(unless your the one doing repairs..)

TGW_400ex
05-14-2006, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by <DRS>GPF
sad.. yup its trash.. the link i posted could still point you in the right direction for getting it fixed..

it used to be horribly expensive but now since the places repairing them have increased its better..
i still wouldnt bother with one that has less than a 1gig processor..(unless your the one doing repairs..)

That site said it would be 350 to 400 dollars I thought? Thats deffinatly cheaper then buying a whole new one.

TGW_400ex
05-14-2006, 08:21 AM
I found out there are two screens for my laptop. I don't know if its a 14.1 or a 15 inch screen do you guys know how I could figure this out?

MOFO
05-14-2006, 09:16 AM
I found out there are two screens for my laptop. I don't know if its a 14.1 or a 15 inch screen do you guys know how I could figure this out?

It kinda helps if you provide information about it... like who makes it and your model number... :huh

05-14-2006, 10:10 AM
I found out there are two screens for my laptop. I don't know if its a 14.1 or a 15 inch screen do you guys know how I could figure this out? measure from one corner to another

SGA
05-14-2006, 10:23 AM
Me and my friend were watching a movie last night. I was tired so he said let me finsh the movie. Woke up this morning turned it on and the screens broke. I'm not in a good mood since I just bought a new hard drive for it a couple weeks ago.

When you went to bed and it was fine. Your friend stayed up watching the movie and now its broke. I'd be pissed and having my friend shell out some cash.

Butters
05-14-2006, 10:27 AM
that sucks, when mine went out it was just the backlight, and they replaced it for free.

TGW_400ex
05-14-2006, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by MOFO
It kinda helps if you provide information about it... like who makes it and your model number... :huh

Its a Dell Inspiron 1100 but it comes in two different sizes for that model. I am pissed at him also.

TGW_400ex
05-14-2006, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
measure from one corner to another

I knew that was how they measured tv's but i wasn't sure on monitors. I'll try that.