PDA

View Full Version : new rider 400EX

im_rob
05-14-2006, 06:50 AM
im a new atv rider. i just bought a 2006 honda 400 ex. im looking to do some performance work to it. ive searched the internet pretty well and found some ideas. i like the idea of buying a "performance kit". one that offers jets, exhuast, air filter and lid replacement. LRD Performance and Curtis Sparks offer some kits like this. The only thing is that neither product is the same. both offer exhuast and air filter and lid, but one offers a timing advance product along with a cdi box. while the other one does not offer either of those. it could be just bc the company does not make those products, but im wondering if its bc the products are not needed. being new to the performance aspect of atv riding i would like some ones opinion and or ideas that could get me the most "bang for my buck". any ideas would be great.

trx400EXtreme
05-14-2006, 08:43 AM
first of all awesome choice. u cant go wrong with a 400ex. but any way, if i were u id get the kit w/ the exhaust, jet kit, air filter, and lid replacement. i have an fmf pipe, dynojet jet kit, and a k&n w/ outerwear and its got plenty of power.

05-14-2006, 10:01 AM
both LRD and Curtis Sparks are excelent exhausts to go with. so you cant go wrong with either one. if you have the money i would also look into a set of aftewr market shocks. they are IMO the best upgrade for a quad.

05-14-2006, 10:24 AM
its cheaper to buy the complete system exhuast and get lid replacement and k&n then for one of the kits.. Id go with a good exhuast.. Pro-circuit, Yoshimura, or somehting that is good... In 2-3 years you will be tired of that 400 either way so dont spend alot of money