PDA

View Full Version : Warrior carburetor pain in the butt, NEEd HELP

Warriror'mx
05-13-2006, 09:11 PM
I have an 02' warrior w/ stock carb and jetting simple enoguh. I wish when i start it up first i has to warm up for 15MIN. Or when i turn the chocke off at 10 min it will idle and then die after a min. But if its realy hot it will idle but even when it does idle it hunts from low rpm to high rpm. And one more thing when im riding and i have it at 3/4 throttle it cuts and when i let off the gas i have back fire and also when i shut it off it has a slight back fire. Im having this prob in 60-80 degree weather in the mid west if that helps at all. Can some1 plzzz help me w/ this prob?

ryanh250ex
05-14-2006, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Warriror'mx
I have an 02' warrior w/ stock carb and jetting simple enoguh. I wish when i start it up first i has to warm up for 15MIN. Or when i turn the chocke off at 10 min it will idle and then die after a min. But if its realy hot it will idle but even when it does idle it hunts from low rpm to high rpm. And one more thing when im riding and i have it at 3/4 throttle it cuts and when i let off the gas i have back fire and also when i shut it off it has a slight back fire. Im having this prob in 60-80 degree weather in the mid west if that helps at all. Can some1 plzzz help me w/ this prob?

is the bike stock?

sounds like the carb is either clogged, or the bike is lean perhaps.

sixer3
05-14-2006, 01:00 AM
clean your pilot jet out real good, my friends carb does this all the time, something about that carb....if the gas sits in it it clogs up the small pilot jet....before you store it it would be a good idea to drain the bowl..

bwamos
05-14-2006, 09:46 AM
If you have an aftermarket exhaust, air filter, or airbox mods, stock jetting will not work.

If you are completely stock, you need to clean the carb. If that doesn't work, you may need to to a leakdown test.

05-14-2006, 11:21 PM
take it all apart and clean it