PDA

View Full Version : 400EX Slip On

MrThumper
08-06-2002, 05:14 PM
COuld someone please tell me what they have heard about HMF Slip ons, i have 02 and am trying to decide between HMF and T4 in a shoout i seen HMF looked to have better gains but i have never seen one or heard one, How loud are they??? My little bro has a T4 on his 250ex and i know they sound good but i want whicever has better gains...also any jetting recommendations??? any info gladly appreciated...... thanks

"bone stock "02" 400ex"

$$$$Motocross is not a crime$$$$

flaneledholes
08-06-2002, 05:24 PM
hey man the hmf is better than the t-4... I have a hmf for sale right now... The hmf is stronger on the bottom and is the same as the t-4 on top... It is a better exhaust in my opinion... As far as jetting goes I use a 170 mj without a airbox lid... I know the t-4(thanx to rdmex's sig) only uses a 155mj I dont know about his airbox though... I think go with the hmf... Pm me if you want a good deal on a hmf(only 1 hour on it)...

Scott400EX
08-06-2002, 08:04 PM
I heard the HMF for the first time this weekend. Is sounds Awesome!! I have A WB e series slip on and love it. It has a LOT of low end and midrange. top end is ok. The pro circuit is very loud my buddy has it and it almost gave me a headache riding beside him. but it sounds great!

TRAIL
08-06-2002, 09:52 PM
I love my HMF . I am running a 165 main jet with about 15 3/4inch holes in the air box lid. works awsome.

timewass
08-07-2002, 06:01 AM
I haven't ridden on nor heard the HMF, but I do have the T4. I love the sound and the improvement over a stock pipe is unbelieveable. I run an airbox lid and a 150 main currently. I'll be checking on my jetting real soon though. I think it's lean.