PDA

View Full Version : Ignition CDI replacement

Outlawracer
05-13-2006, 05:08 PM
If it turns out i need a new CDI (again) what is a good one to purchase? Dennis kirk has one cheaper than ive seen anywhere else and it is programmable. Do these make a big difference , cause problems or do they even matter? Also my R has a boisen rad valve with the better type reeds , paul turner exhaust, the jug has EMS engraved in it , the carb is a keihen with a square slide (I was told stock was round) and looks oversized , it is bored .040 over. So what is an improvement I could make for not a whole lot of money? Ive considered a rickystator lightweight flywheel.

TheFontMaster
05-13-2006, 05:50 PM
I read your other thread too, and as far as I know the CDI's are interchangeable from every year of liquid cooled 250r. I have a stock CDI that works that I could sell you if you want. As far as what mod to do next for the motor, you should find out exactly what carb you do have, find out what size it is and get a bigger carb if you want. Other than that I would get a cool head, or a janssen super coil.

velocityatv
05-13-2006, 09:45 PM
If you guys run into it and need one Colby @ C&D sold me a Dyna FS single curve non programmable CDI for my R just 2 weeks ago. UNDER $100 new. I have a lot stuff on mine and this made a nice boost on bottom end. Gave it more spark too. I had to re-jet after putting it on. Definitly worth money. I called Dyna, they say it advances the bottom end curve by about 3-4 degrees. Than when it reaches the mid to top end it retards back to stock. I really like it. It didn't add a ton of horses or anything, but pulled nicely in the seat of the pants Dyno. A little more peppy on throttle response. A++:devil: