PDA

View Full Version : Ingnition CDI

Outlawracer
05-13-2006, 04:59 PM
I purchased an ignition CDI box from Wymers cycle shop in Heath , Ohio. The box is supposed to be for an 86 250 r . When I look up the part number from honda , it isnt the same as the one I bought from the cycle shop . Is there any way of knowing if they will interchange? I would even like to find out what the box was made for but the model never comes up if i type in the part number . It could be possible that because the box is a slightly different size the part number is different. The plug is the same. Anyway if that box wont intrerchange that explains why it didnt work when I bought it a long time ago, and I bought a new stator and pulse coil because of this. Any help or referance to a web site or any way to research part numbers will be greatly appreciated.
PS: I did some ohms readings across where the power in to the kill switch would come out , if they are even the same on the boxes. I had to reverse polarity to get a non open reading on the new box and it was around half as much as the old , but i cant go by the old one because it may be bad . The resistance was also extremely high and seemed to "charge itself" like a capacitor with a diode for polarity. it was around 5 to 5.5 M ohms for the old one and 2.3 to 2.6 for the new one. That was on a good fluke meter. Someone please know something!!!!!
:confused: