PDA

View Full Version : Fixing Dents in FMF PowerCore 4 Slip-On

MikeyM1980
08-06-2002, 03:38 PM
I just bought a used PowerCore 4 for my 400EX that has been shortened. At the end of the pipe there are 2 small indentions in the body. I was wondering if anyone has tried repairing dents in your aftermarket silencer and what was involved in doing so. Need some help thanks.

flaneledholes
08-06-2002, 03:40 PM
take it apart and look on the inside of the body, see of you can just put your fingers in there and push the dent out... If not get like a metal bar slip it in there and lightly ding it on the inside... If that doesnt work someone else will have to help you...

tprender
08-06-2002, 03:51 PM
I had to fix some dents on my exhaust from hitting the brake caliptor. Just like he said take it apart, but I put the body thought a piece of pipe. Then take a dead blow hammer and hit the area that is dent and around it a few times. You will need to support the pipe with the exhaust on it some way so that it is ridgit. You can try getting from the back side, but good luck. Autobody people do this with an anvel that they hold in the hand and then hit the dent from the outside. Hope that you understand what I am talking about. I have done this with 2 or 3 exhausts.

MikeyM1980
08-07-2002, 01:52 PM
ttt

Crazy4bluEx
08-07-2002, 07:00 PM
this is a test