View Full Version : Where To Ride In Nh

K-MARKS
05-13-2006, 08:15 AM
DOES ANY ONE KNOW WHERE TO RIDE IN NH I WOULD LIKE TO RIDE A MX SO IF U NO TELL ME

06 400EX

K-MARKS
05-13-2006, 10:04 AM
I DO KNOW ABOUT A TRACK IN MERRIMACK BUT U HAVE TO BE A MERRIMACK RESIDENT IF U R SEND ME A PRIVTE MESSAGES

DANVAN
05-13-2006, 08:43 PM
Im a merrimack resident, Ive riden that track over by the landfill, nothing special, Im more into trail riding or power lines.

Ive riden the power lines in Bedford, power lines and sandpits in Hookset, hopkinton Everette and the rockingham trail, all have been good, just trying to find time and wether to get back out again. Also some great riding at some friends house in Hudson, we rode for miles behind his place.

btlblwnracer
05-14-2006, 05:50 AM
if you ride mx , look up www.neatv-mx.com .the next race is this upcoming weekend at jolly rogers (NH).hope this helps.

DANVAN
05-16-2006, 02:31 PM
Hey K-marks, my cell is 440-8644, Im in Merrimack too.

Contact me maybe we can hook up and ride, my last several weekends have been real hectic and I havent had time to ride, but Im hoping that will end soon. My brother in law in nashua finally bought a quad too, so hes not riding my wifes anymore and I need to break in this new trailer I just picked up, its supposed to hold 4 quads. My old one only held 2, and 1 had to be standing up, that sucked lifting up a 350lb quad after hours of riding.

Theres a few places maybe we can hit. Ive riden along the rail road tracks along the river, its probably a little wet down there now, theres also some property next to budweiser Ive riden on, I dont know for sure if its legal riding but I have seen other 4 wheelers in there that I spoke to and they said it was owned by one of there grandparents, and we could ride it. I do know its flooded down there now, I went over there yesterday to ck it out.

Let me know. Ive also hooked up with 2 other guys from this site, I took one guy,Nate and his buddy to Bedford, and Chad took me and my brother in law to the sandpits in Hookset, I liked it there, some good power lines to ride.

Hope to hear from u.

NPelletier
05-16-2006, 05:06 PM
Hey guys,
im buddies with K-Marks and we love riding at the merirmakc track, just wondering Danvan, how old ru, becus we;re both 14 so im just wondring:D

K-MARKS
05-16-2006, 05:06 PM
HEY DANVAN D U KNOW OF ANY TRACKS TO RIDE IM IN TO THOSE KIND OF THINGS IM 14 AND I DRIVE A 400EX I GO DOWN TO MERRIMACKS TRACK EVERY WEEKEND USUALLY IF U KNOW OF ANY TRACKS POST AND HAVE U RIDDEN MERRIMACK RECENTLY THERE ARE NEW JUMPS AND STUFF MABYE WE CAN MEET DOWN AT THE TRACK

DANVAN
05-16-2006, 07:07 PM
Im 38, but still feel and some what act like 18, or maybe somtimes 28:) . The Merrimack track is the only MX type of track Ive been on. Ive only lived up here a year now,

I'll meet ya some day if u want to. My brother in law is 35 he rides kinda slow and more gental, I go balls to the wall(at least for a 38 yr old) and he wants to ck that place out.

Im personnally im more into trail riding,& technicle type stuff, the power lines ive been on have been ok. Sand pits can be fun for a short time.

How do you guys transport your quads? U must live right down the road from that track and just ride there?

Vertical Smile
05-17-2006, 07:48 AM
I'd love to hook up with you guys and check out some new places to ride.
I live in Dracut Ma right on the Pelham NH boarder, hell my back yard IS pelham NH.
I just bought my first quad at age 35, go figure. It's an 05 Polaris Predator TLD which is totally stock.
Right now I've been mostly riding in Pelham, Dracut & Methuen with a few guys on Dirtbikes.

-Mark

NPelletier
05-17-2006, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by DANVAN
How do you guys transport your quads? U must live right down the road from that track and just ride there?

both of our dads ride, we'd like to meet up with you somehwere, k-marks is more into racing, but im interested in trail riding, maybe we can hook up at the track, or grater road and do some trail riding:D

atv35
05-17-2006, 06:50 PM
I'm in Nashua myself and would like to ride with you guys. I'm getting a 06 450r. I still have my Wolvervine 4x4 now if you want to ride soon. I'm 35 yrs old.

RidinRed420
05-20-2006, 08:10 PM
Ive been to Rockingham... its ok, but it gets kind of boring though... its just straight like 20 miles of whoops. Ive never been to Hopkinton Everett.. but I heard its alot better..

Anyone know when HE opens?? For some reason I thought it was the 23rd, don't remember where I got that from though, so if anyone knows for sure, let me know! Thanks

atv35
05-20-2006, 08:54 PM
RidinRed420

Not sure if you like trails or MX, But there is a place in Templeton, MA that is really nice. It has sand hils and trails. I want to try Merrimack NH MX track if I can get directions to it.

DANVAN
05-21-2006, 06:50 AM
I read that H-E opens may 23, and it is ALOT better then Rockingham.

The Merrimack MX trail is supposed to be for Merrimack residents only, its closed sundays, there is a locked gate at the entance. Derek, Ill get u the guys number. Its near the landfill, dont know the name of the road.

BlackTrx440ex
05-21-2006, 08:13 AM
hey guys iam from derry nh iam the one who road with danvan up at hooksett if you wanna race mx just join neatv-mx its awsome know its every other race its my first season i came in 5th a few times already Oman is it sooo much better than pitts and trails its an unbelievable differance i got a few pics ill post them up

BlackTrx440ex
05-21-2006, 08:14 AM
iam in the orange shirt by the way number 63

BlackTrx440ex
05-21-2006, 08:15 AM
these are all from capeway in middleboro mass

BlackTrx440ex
05-21-2006, 08:16 AM
alittle jump

BlackTrx440ex
05-21-2006, 08:17 AM
a corner :)

BlackTrx440ex
05-21-2006, 08:18 AM
another pic my aim screen name is trx440exracer63 if you wanna im me

BlackTrx440ex
05-21-2006, 08:19 AM
this is from the first race at jolly rogers

Vertical Smile
05-21-2006, 05:56 PM
Awesome pics!!

I heard there was a new place to ride that just opened up in Milford NH.
I also heard it won't be ready till August.:ermm:

RidinRed420
05-21-2006, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by atv35
RidinRed420

Not sure if you like trails or MX, But there is a place in Templeton, MA that is really nice. It has sand hils and trails. I want to try Merrimack NH MX track if I can get directions to it.

Thats Tuesday anyone planning on goin there?? Im thinkin about it..

atv35
05-22-2006, 03:55 AM
I would go but I have no idea how to get there and if they will let you ride. My mother and father in law live in merrimack NH. I need directions.

RidinRed420
05-22-2006, 10:03 AM
RidinRed420

Hey yeah, I've heard of templeton and I heard it was pretty sweet... never been though. You need a MA registration right? I'm only registered in NH.

atv35
05-22-2006, 10:24 AM
No... Great riding there too. Sand hills and trails. Alot of fun

DANVAN
05-23-2006, 07:02 AM
Back a few posts ago I refered to the rider who took me to hookset as Chad, my mistake, his name is Jared, sorry for the mistake. He's a real good rider too, I enjoyed watching him do wheelies up those sand dunes.

Good luck in the races Jared. (not even sure if Im spelling it correctly)

DANVAN
05-23-2006, 07:04 AM
Colleen, where do u live? Under your name it says Boston Mass, but u mentioned somewhere that your quad is registered in NH.

RidinRed420
05-23-2006, 03:20 PM
Colleen, where do u live? Under your name it says Boston Mass, but u mentioned somewhere that your quad is registered in NH.

I live/go to school in Boston.. but I ride in NH.. My fourwheeler isn't in Boston with me.. Its actually at my boyfriends parents house on the border of NH (tyngsboro)... So I never registered it in MA since its so close to NH.. and a bunch of my friends I ride with are from NH.

BlackTrx440ex
05-23-2006, 04:32 PM
yea you are dan umm... i dont got a race this weekend but i rly wanna ride wanna go back to hooksett?

DANVAN
05-23-2006, 06:52 PM
Jared,I would like to go back there but I'll be away this weekend, sorry. And next weekend is already lookin kinda full.

Collen, Where do u ride in NH?

Maybe a few of us can ride at the track in Merrimack some time, there seems to be some interest in it. I know how to get there, just dont know the names of the roads. I have a local map so I can always get the exact names and PM them to whos interested if we do this sometime. The only problem is we're all supposed to be residents. I am, and I think atv35 said his inlaws live here, so thats probably good enough if he was asked for an address.

atv35
05-23-2006, 08:23 PM
I wanna ride..... I wanna ride...... I wanna ride. :).... I need directions. Just got a new 450R. Love to try the mx track.

RidinRed420
05-23-2006, 08:37 PM

Maybe a few of us can ride at the track in Merrimack some time, there seems to be some interest in it. I know how to get there, just dont know the names of the roads. I have a local map so I can always get the exact names and PM them to whos interested if we do this sometime. The only problem is we're all supposed to be residents. I am, and I think atv35 said his inlaws live here, so thats probably good enough if he was asked for an address.

I've been to Rockingham and a few different places in Manchester and Goffstown. I want to go to Hopkinton Everett, I've never been but I heard it was awesome.

RidinRed420
05-23-2006, 08:39 PM

I've been to Rockingham and a few different places in Manchester and Goffstown. I want to go to Hopkinton Everett, I've never been but I heard it was awesome. I would be interested in the track but I dont live in Merrimack.

DANVAN
05-25-2006, 09:00 AM
H-E is awesome, its open now I think, the last time I checked the website it said may 23rd. I liked it there a lot, I went maybe 4-6 time last season, great riding.

atv35
05-25-2006, 10:06 AM
I'd like to check that one out to dan if I can get a trailer :ermm: .

tfs411
05-28-2006, 08:30 PM
My brother and I are in NH, he rides a decked out raptor and I did, it's stock now but I'm picking up an LTR this week. We are always looking for new places to ride. We hooked up with a couple of people and have been riding a good sized pit in Derry, but we like the MX tracks better. We did CTMX in Rocky Hill CT, and also did Crow Hill in Templeton MA. I heard Jolly's is great track and I need to call and get the practice days. I'll post them when I get them, hopefully we can get a bunch of people together to ride.

Todd

madfastbanshee4
05-29-2006, 07:59 AM
NH riders. if ur looking for a fun place to ride check out my thread i just posted

DANVAN
05-30-2006, 02:40 PM
Can anybody confirm if Hopkinton-Everette is open or not yet?

The date I read on the net in more then 1 site was may 23rd, but as of last night, I think its the NH Fish and Game site, it still says the trail is closed.

I cant afford a wasted trip over there if its still closed, I wonder if they didnt up-date the site or did they keep it closed longer due to the heavy rains we recently had?

Anybody know for sure?

I guess I can call fish and game tommorrow, I know I found there phone number someplace once.

Thanks

BlackTrx440ex
05-30-2006, 04:37 PM
hey tfs411 i race neatv-mx why dont you join? www.neatv-mx.com its awsome dude we race all over the place in new england

ps iam the black 440ex all the way to the right # 63

BlackTrx440ex
05-30-2006, 04:38 PM
just one from jollies

atv35
05-30-2006, 05:00 PM
Let me know if you go Dan....

tfs411
05-30-2006, 07:13 PM
Hey BlackTRX, we will both be joining. We won't be at the race in NY this week (we are going to Silver lake Michigan to do some duning) but once we are back you'll see us at the races for sure. I'll get some pix up once we get set up.

Todd

BlackTrx440ex
05-31-2006, 07:54 PM
sweet that will be awsome maybe we can follow each other to southwick and camp together or something?

DANVAN
06-01-2006, 10:25 AM
I just got off the phone with the NH trail bureau, hop-eve is closed till possibly mid july, the place is under water.

Most other trails are open, she mentioned one that I never heard of which is also closed.

BTY, I have a 4x8 utility trailer for sale, $300.00, its old but does the job, holds 1 quad flat, or 2 if one of them is standing up, figured someone in the southern NH area could use one. Has a fold down tail gate, u can drive right up inside.

BlackTrx440ex
06-01-2006, 05:53 PM
dan i might buy that off of you its the one i saw right? i need a trailer to tow my quad around to the races and that will be perfect can you wait till next weekend? the weekend of the 11th?

DANVAN
06-01-2006, 06:40 PM
Yep, thats the one, I can wait, let me know.

my250ex
06-04-2006, 11:53 AM
hey guys im from nashua. I think i know what track you are talking about in merrimack. Some of you may have even seen me there. I have a red 400ex with white brothers graphics. Is this the track that has a huge hill in the middle and theres a lot of mulch at the end of it? I rode there from my house down the tracks and the conservation guy was there and he said it was private property and it was closed. I guess you can only ride in the dinky trails around it?? The guy was a huge dickhead to me and he made a tow truck come and tow me and my friends 5 miles down the road and we had to pay for it. i was going to run but it was the first time i ever seen cops and i just froze. if you guys know of a way i could get in or if one of you could get me in i would appreciate it.

sometimes i take the railroad tracks that go through westford and chelmsford and they take you down to the ayer pit. ive only been there once but its pretty big.

atv35
06-04-2006, 05:46 PM
my250ex

If you live in Nashua how did you ride in Merrimack? I thought it was only for Merrimack residents? I want to take my 450r out there, But need to know if it is ok to ride there? My mother and father in law live in Merrimack. Let me know if you find anything out. I do not know who to contact.

DANVAN
06-05-2006, 09:48 AM
MY250EX, the track in Merrimack is next to the transfer station, Im told its the old landfill, I dont think there are any railroad tracks near it.

I have a contact name but no phone number for the guy who runs the property, he's not the land owner. If I do get the number I will let u know atv35.

my250ex
06-05-2006, 11:06 AM
my house is by greeley park in nashua. there are railroad tracks there right by the river. i just follow the railroad tracks for a while and i come to this riding area. is there like an overpass at the entrance? im not sure if i went to a different place than what you are talking about.

atv35
06-05-2006, 11:52 AM
my250ex

I live in Nashua how is the riding? I have a 450R if there is good pits to hit. Let me know.

DANVAN
06-05-2006, 12:12 PM
If u follow the RR tracks north past Budweiser then I do know of 2 small riding areas right along the river, 1 is a sand pit next to a shopping center, but this isnt the MX track that I think we have been refering to. The over pass does sound familiar, that is just north of the bud factory, I drove under that over pass to get into 1 riding area, theres is a small boat launch there right?, the other pit is more north, into Merrimack, also along the river and next to the above mentioned shopping center.

The MX track is near the Amhurst border, know where near the RR track.

my250ex
06-05-2006, 07:18 PM
yes, the boat launch is right behind my house. that is N. Nashua. if you are looking at the river and you ride to the left up the tracks, that is the pit i was talking about in merrimack.

DANVAN
06-05-2006, 07:42 PM
The boat launch that Im talking about is in Merrimack, down a dirt road under the train track-overpass,to a dirt ramp, and its north of budweiser, I dont think this is the same place, U would have to ride though Buds property to get there from Greely park.

Ive heard of people being stopped by security on moutain bikes just going though buds property, I wouldnt do it on an atv.

Either way, the MX track that I think we been mentioning here is a gated property operated by this one guy who runs an atv club, but I believe the propert is owned by the town,thats probably the reason for having to be a resident. Ive been told the track is on the old land fill. When I was there there was alot of garbage sticking out of the ground, on the sides of the track.

There are at least 2 or 3 trails off of the mx track, blocked by big rocks, so I assume your not supposed to go down them, I stuck to the track.

atv35
06-05-2006, 07:52 PM
Dan check your EMAIL.

atv35
06-05-2006, 07:57 PM
my250ex

What type of riding are you interested in doing? Feel good farms will test ability to drive a quad, Just ask Dan. Very very technical. I'm glad I took my 4x4 for that, Yet Dan did it on a 300ex.I want to look for some pits to take my 450R on are there any around? With that quad I would like MX style riding (pits, sand hills, etc)

DANVAN
06-06-2006, 06:38 AM
Derek, I'll meet ya over at the the Merrimack track one day after work if ya want, just give them your inlaws address if anybody is even there to ask us. I live 7 minutes away from it. I work till 5, home by 5:15, how about u?

I think the sign on the fence says it closes at 7pm, I will ck into that next time I pass it on the way to the transfer station.

Blacktrx440 knows of some good sand hills and pits in hookset, I would even go back there someday, just a matter of squeazing it all in to a schedule

Knarf0486
06-06-2006, 08:59 AM
Hey Danvan this is my first year racing NEATV-MX this year too. I missed the Jolly race becuase I just got my bike the weekend before and I wasnt ready to go but I raced at Capeway in the Production class and will probably stick to that class for the rest of the year.

Maybe we can meet up and check out some practice tracks, becuase it sucks not knowing anyone when I go down to the tracks.

Peace,
Frank

my250ex
i do ride by the bud factory but ive never seen anybody around. i want to try some mx style riding or pits but theres nothing around. i wish i knew where this track you guys go to is.

94F450SD
since you guys are talkin about NH,where do i go to register my quads up there?someplace off of I93 or 95 would be great.i have a friend that lives in merrimack,would that work if i wanted to ride that track?how "legal" are these sand pits and tracks you guys are talkin about?i ride one place that it is not legal but tollerated in MA,as long as everybody stays off the street the cops dont bother us but its starting to get boreing.my AIM is f450sprdty if you wanna IM me sometime

DANVAN
06-06-2006, 09:40 AM
Knarf0486, I dont race, I just screw around alot, and ride as fast as I can w/o falling off.

94f450SD, as far as registering your machine, most places that sell atv's will register them, I work in Nashua, on amherst st there are 2 places, RJ'S and Best Cycle, can both do it, its like $50.00 aprox. U didnt here it from me, but if u have a friend or relative in Merrimack, I would just use there address if u were ever questioned about it while u were there.(at the track in Merrimack)

The sand pits that Ive riden, I dont really know how legal they are, I personaly stay out of places if it is posted "private property "or "no atv's" ect. Ive heard differant stories about sand pits and power lines, some say there ok, the law says we need actual written permission from the land owner.

I have a local map in my van, at lunch I will get the name of the road the track is on, I do know it is gated, and closed on sundays,and possibly after 7 or 8pm weeknights, there is a way around the gate, I was told it was ok to go around the gate by the guy who "runs" the property, and If I joined his club for a $50.00 donation I would get a key for the gate. But like I said here before, MX is not my style so it wasnt worth $50.00 to me to ride a place I find boring, u MX guys may love it though. I was also told by the guy who runs the property that I didnt 'have' to join his club and and he had no right to refuse me to ride the land because he was not the owner. As long as I was a resident I could ride it. The money to join the club helps maintain the track.

I know the guys name, dont really want to post it here in public, and I still dont have a number for him, I lost it, I did speak to him last summer, If I find the number, I will pm it to whos interested, or pm me and I will eventually get it to u. He runs the NH right riders, if anybody has heard of them, then u know who this person is, they advertise in the local paper, so I will eventually get the number again.

I dont IM or chat, just get me here, or email, or PM, or cell, 603-440-8644, take care

atv35
06-06-2006, 10:12 AM
Ya Dan I'll meet you there sometime after work. I'll email you my inlaws address. Just like to check it out sometime. Any damage to you quad a feel good farms? After cleaning it for an hour I just ended up with a small dent in the rear rim. I already fixed. Man that was a tough ride huh. Fun though.

Knarf0486
06-06-2006, 10:19 AM
Woops, I read the posts wrong its Blacktrx440 that races.

DANVAN
06-06-2006, 10:39 AM
No damage to the quad, my thighs were sore that night that was it.

After u left, we went to the top of the mountain again and I tried passing Trevor on the way up and I fliped my quad, got right back up, flipped it back over and caught right back up to him and passed kevin, just couldnt get in front of Trevor, we both like to race each other alot. Loads of fun. Cant wait to do it again.

my250ex
06-06-2006, 12:14 PM
ok the place i went to had kind of like a mountain in the middle of it.. is there a lot of mulch at one end of the area?

DANVAN
06-06-2006, 12:38 PM
I wouldnt consider it a mountain, and as of last year there were a few large piles of mulch around the place, but I think its 2 different places we are talking about, this place is on Lawrence rd., this is no where near the RR tracks. Its west of the Everette tpk. , u would have to cross the highway to get there on a quad.

I looked up the guys number in the phone book, and spoke to the son, he said it was ok to give out the number to Merrimack resisdents, so contact me via PM or Email and I will give it to u, I dont want to post someones phone number on a public forum like this, just out of respect for the guy. And remember, its for merrimack residents so have an address ready if he asks, he probably gonna want to mail u a form to join his club.

HAPPY TRAILS

94F450SD
06-07-2006, 06:42 AM
i know its $73.00 for a non resident registration,but mayb i can use my friends address to register my quads to.50.00 aint bad to use that track.although im not much of a track person.

check out www.atvnewengland.com .they have closed forums to discuss rideing spots.not sure how NH is about it but i know the MA. and RI cops do read these forums to find out where people are riding.

DANVAN
06-07-2006, 07:33 AM
94F450SD, I could see you having a problem going there with Mass plates on your truck.

Maybe its just a borrowed truck, yours is in the shop, hint-hint.

If your not a track ride(like me) what kind of riding do u like?

RidinRed420
06-07-2006, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by 94F450SD
i know its $73.00 for a non resident registration,but mayb i can use my friends address to register my quads to.50.00 aint bad to use that track.although im not much of a track person.

It is 54$'s for residents and 73$s for non residents. To get a NH resident registration you need a NH liscense, not just an address. If you want a resident registration and you are not a resident, then your friend who is a resident would have to register it for you... only problem with that is you really have to trust that person since it would technically be their bike... Personally I'd just come up with the extra few bucks that way there are no problems down the road.

94F450SD
06-07-2006, 05:52 PM
94F450SD, I could see you having a problem going there with Mass plates on your truck.

Maybe its just a borrowed truck, yours is in the shop, hint-hint.

If your not a track ride(like me) what kind of riding do u like?

i like pretty much any kind of rideing.im not good enough at jumping to hit a track though.jumping gets a little hairy sometimes.if all i can do is wheelies and stuff thats what i do,if i find some trails ill ride them.ill try a track but i cant jump that good.

Knarf0486
06-08-2006, 06:23 AM
track riding can be a bit intimidating at first but honestly once you take a few laps your like o this aint too bad and you'll just start getting faster and faster. I'm not trying to sound like a pro or anythin but its just what I've noticed with my limited track riding.

Its a blast though I highly recommend it.

BlackTrx440ex
06-08-2006, 12:08 PM
yea track riding definitly takes alot of experciance i been riding for 6 years and iam still getting tired and **** after racing my best finish was 5th at jollies and capeway on stock suspension with a big bore 440ex but man i love it sooo much track riding is the balls especially b4 the gates drop :) 2nd on the holeshot was my best on holeshot so far

RidinRed420
06-17-2006, 08:20 PM
Hey I was just on nhatv.com and it says that Clough State Park will not open untill june 2007, due to the flooding of H-E resevoir. Does that mean H-E isn't opening this year??? Anyone know?? nhtrails.com says it is closed until futher notice...

What about Rockingham?? Anyone know if that is open?? Because nhatv.com says it is closed, and nhtrails.com says its open..

Has anyone ever been to Pigsah??

DANVAN
06-18-2006, 06:11 AM
When I called the fish and game dept I was told H-E would be closed until mid july, it was under water. Rockingham was opened the last time I knew, I was there about 2 nonths ago.

The lady at F&G also mentioned some other place that I never heard of that was also closed due to water and mud but I dont remember which one it was.

atv35
06-30-2006, 07:00 PM
Hey dan I just sent you a email

DANVAN
07-01-2006, 05:53 AM
Didnt get an email, call me, I wont be on-line again till tononight.

DANVAN
07-03-2006, 09:48 AM
So what is 'open' and 'legal' to ride in NH now.

Hop-evertte is now closed for the season, see the website, flooded, also 'feel good farms' is closed for a couple of months, rockingham is boring, any ideas.

I dont care for illegal trails, dont want to pay for tickets.

Also lookin for a place that rents quads, as close to Merrimack or Nashua as possible, anyone know of a place?

atv35
07-03-2006, 11:10 AM
Dan why do you want to rent a quad? If you don't mind a ride we can go to a place in MA if you want. Only problem is it is not legal. I have never seen any cops there. Email me if you want directions or want me to show you.

DANVAN
07-03-2006, 11:41 AM
For my buddy coming up from NY. My wifes 150 started stalling again and ideling high, dont know if I'll have time to get it fixed by the weekend, plus I wanted him to ride somthing a little faster so he can really enjoy it.

There are some illegal trails behind Trevors house that we are happy with, but he says they do patrol once in a while, he has been warned already.

I might be interested in the Ma trails, I want to bring him someplace that offers a little bit of everything, and Trevors place does have a little bit of everything back there.

RidinRed420
07-03-2006, 03:55 PM
So what is 'open' and 'legal' to ride in NH now.

Hop-evertte is now closed for the season, see the website, flooded, also 'feel good farms' is closed for a couple of months, rockingham is boring, any ideas.

I dont care for illegal trails, dont want to pay for tickets.

Also lookin for a place that rents quads, as close to Merrimack or Nashua as possible, anyone know of a place?

Rockingham is open... of course it is a little boring, but I went a few weeks ago and they had just groomed it, so it was pretty fun.. I dont think Im going to even bother to re-register my bike in NH since H-E isn't even opening... Rockingham isn't worth it, and everywhere else that is 100% legal is so far away..

Planning on going back to Hatfield McCoy WV though in the end of August, anyone wanna come?? lol its a lot of fun! just a long ride

atv35
07-03-2006, 07:20 PM
Take him to the track or does he not like that? I went today with my wife (she just watched) and had a blast. That 450R kicks A**. I love those jumps there. Brings me back to the MX days. I will be going back this week again. My arms a little pumped up, But I nothing I can't deal with.

DANVAN
07-03-2006, 08:19 PM
I didnt even think of taking him there, he may like it, but I know he's looking forward to hill climbing and water crossings.

I was doing the jumps there too. My wife was trying to get a pic but the camera wasnt fast enough, we havent read all the directions for it, theres gotta be a 'fast' setting for the shutter. One of those jumps bottomed out my suspension 2x's. that hurts a bit. Last summer I didnt even try to 2 bigger ones in the back. The 3 big piles of mulch I mentioned way back in a post are gone. I had tried climbing them last year, along with one of those big rocks.

I got my wifes quad running decent again, so I think my quest for rental is over with, couldnt find a place any way.

How about Clairmont and/or Henniker, I've been told there are trails there, anybody know anything about them? Both are supposed to be leagal, just dont know if there open?

atv35
07-04-2006, 06:07 AM
How about Clairmont and/or Henniker, I've been told there are trails there, anybody know anything about them? Both are supposed to be leagal, just dont know if there open?

How far of a ride is that?

DANVAN
07-05-2006, 05:45 AM
Not sure, I have to look on the map.

All I know is for the Clairmont trail, u park at the Burger King, and for the Henniker trail, its down a dirt road at the intersection on rt 114 and I think rt 202? Its not enough info to go on, Im hoping someone here can fill us in some more.

DANVAN
07-06-2006, 09:44 AM
I just found another ATV website, where they mention Pisgah state park, Im trying to confirm info, but according to that site, atv's are allowed, and the park is open. I called the park and left a mess, waiting for a call back. Its supposed to be 1.75 hrs from Merrimack. The website for the park says its a year round park for, hiking, mountain biking, atv's,and snowmobles with trails into the back-country.

According to the poster on the other atv site, there is also a much more technical and also legal place just 5 min from Pisgah, I think he said Pisgah is a more family'ish type of riding area, Im trying to get more info from him and then I will post it here.

Pisgah is located at rt 119 and rt 10 and rt 63, chesterfield, hinsdale and winchester, must be a big park, 13,300 acres.

atv35
07-06-2006, 10:13 AM
Dan I just talked to larry @ the farm and was told it was CLOSED to sometime in Augest he thinks. He said he was sorry we can't ride now, But he has to deal with that problem. He said to stay posted to the nhatv for updates.

DANVAN
07-06-2006, 10:29 AM
Yeah, I heard he's having big legal problems with the neighbors. All the guys here at my job were like WTF on Monday morn, I think they all did what I did over the weekend, showed up and the gates where locked.

When I find out more about this Pisgah SP maybe we can make a family trip up there some time?

I found a 2001 50 eton for sale on the way to work today for $800.00 for my 4 yr old, I may call the guy later and offer $500.00, Im not willing to spend $800 on somthing he will out-grow in a year or 2.

And we told him he cant get one untill he learns to ride a 2 wheel bike which he has no interest in doing. So even If I get it, it will be put away for a few months, unless it incourages him to learn the 2 wheel bike. So far Ive taken him out on my quad 2'xs and he says he doesnt like it, he wants to ride his own.

DANVAN
07-06-2006, 11:42 AM
Someone from the State park system got back to me and confirmed that Pisgah does allow ATV's, all levels of riding, and they think the trails are marked. It is open, she said the only place closed for the season is Hop-everette/clough.

I probably wont bring kids there until I ck it out myself 1st.

She did not know of the other area that I mentioned to her, and she gave me a number to the town of Winchester, when I called them, the guy there knew of the trails, but said they are not run by the town or even a club as far as he knows, but he does know people ride there and there hasnt been any issues with complaints. He said no signs are posted.

Pm me if your interested in directions to this other place, info on Pisgah can be found on the NH trail Bureau web site, or by just typing in 'Pisgah state park NH' in Yahoo.

Happy Trails

DANVAN
07-06-2006, 12:45 PM
I just got another call returned to me, the 'Clairmont' trail, which she said is actually called the 'sugar river trail' is open, take rt 10 to Belknap ave, left turn at Belknap, parking is 1/10 mile from turn.
I guess its in the town of Claimont, I had been told or read that there was parking alowed in the burger king parking lot.

By the time the season is over, I will know where all the trails are:)

She said there was alot of rain damage at Hop-evereet, lots of bridges washed out, but there is still hope that it may open before the end of summer, that made me happy.

atv35
07-06-2006, 06:15 PM
Dan if you go to any of those trails let me know. I am going to Freemont on Saturday with the family.

DANVAN
07-06-2006, 06:31 PM
Whats Freemont?The Rockingham trail?

This Sat Im taking my friend from NY over to the power lines in Bedford, it close and easy, I got my wifes quad runnin ok, so Ill try it out there with him. Couldnt find any place that rents quads. I'll let him ride mine.

I do want to try them all at one time or another, just trying to fit it all in, u know how it is.

I think Pisgah might be the 1st one I try to get to. The lady on the phone said there were all level of riding there.

atv35
07-07-2006, 09:48 AM
yes it's the rocky trail. We are going to try and make the store this time, If my youngest son can keep it on all 4's..... Those whoops killed him. we will go alot slower this time for him. Have Fun this weekend.

atv35
07-09-2006, 07:52 PM
Dan I sent you 2 emails did you get them? How was you weekend?

DANVAN
07-09-2006, 09:16 PM
My weekend was good, I did not get any emails.

My friend from NY rode awesome, I wreaked bad, lucky I didnt brake a rib, lots of pain, scratches and bruises. The quad was all messed up too but I fixet most of it today. I hit a stump that was at least a foot high, and it just tossed me and the quad.

How was your ride?

atv35
07-10-2006, 03:59 AM
Dan what is your email again? We had a good ride really fun. I'll send you some pictures just give your email again. Better yet SEND ME an email so I can add to my address book.

ZSNOW
07-10-2006, 02:52 PM
hey any one wanna ride in meredith nh....i live here with my cousin and uncl and mom and dad and we all have quads.....we are really like the only one's in town...answer asap

atv35
07-11-2006, 06:46 AM
Hey Dan,
I think you might have a problem with your email as It keeps coming back to me undeliverable. I tried to reply to your email you sent me. Your email is Danlvan@verzion.net right?

ZSNOW
07-12-2006, 08:21 AM
anyone selling a quad under 300cc's.....i am racing in the youth class in the neatv-mx series next year and i am trying to find a quad to build......any suggetions or quads for sale email me at
zeetees@yahoo.com thanks
Z

DANVAN
08-19-2006, 08:01 AM
Who wants to ride and where, I need to get out, my ribs are healed and the quad is fixed, email me, danlvan@verizon.net , or call, cell-603-440-8644. The phone may be easier, I will not be back online until tonight.

As per my phone calls yesterday, 'feel good farms' is closed for an unknown time, and Hopkinton Everette/cloug newest possible opening is sept 18th?

Some one know of a good place, hopefully legal to go tear it up, and not to far away, like within an hour or so from the merrimack-nashua area?

LETS RIDE, summers almost over already. I dont care about the rain tommorrow either, unless its coming down in buckets.

Knarf0486
08-19-2006, 08:19 AM
Hey man you should check out the 6 hours of atv america next weekend in ossipee. They are gonna have an mx race on sunday and open practice on saturday. Theres gonna be a lotta other cool stuff there too like quad - snowmobile hill climbs, 6 hour cross country atv race, 6 hour truck race on sunday, rock crawl, and a pit bike race. www.falconextreme.com

check it out

atv35
08-19-2006, 08:22 AM
Wow I thought this tread was gone..... :eek2:

DANVAN
08-19-2006, 09:23 AM
Not sure if Im into racing, I dont have proper equipment, but would like to just do some gfood riding, Ill ck that web page later tonight, thanks for the info.

Derek, I had a hard time finding it too, but the info is there, is anybody into that Pisgah park?

Call me if u want, Ill be stacking fire wood unless a chance to ride comes along.

DANVAN
08-21-2006, 06:17 PM
Has anyone riden there, I called the park, its open, 12-15 miles of trails, all levels of skill. I want to bring my wife there this coming weekend, I was wondering if any of u can give me some more info on it. She's a novice rider.

Thanks

ZSNOW
08-21-2006, 06:43 PM
i rode there when i went to camp there...i was at camp for 3 out of 5 days then i blew up a clutch....but the trials arents all that good not wide enough to go fast....just so u knw the owners name is daina...well the place is okay not a ton of fun tho...

P.S this was about the place at ossipee

DANVAN
08-21-2006, 06:57 PM
Is this Ossipee place strickly for racing or is it trail riding too?

Where is it? How far from Merrimack-Nashua, Im new to NH, dont know all the towns yet.

Knarf0486
08-22-2006, 05:01 AM
The event going on in ossipee is pretty much only racing. I dont know what kind of trails there are in the area but there is a big racing event scheduled for old whittier ski mountian. I believe its about an hour from Merrimack/ Nashua becuase its about 2 hours from Boston.

DANVAN
08-27-2006, 09:05 AM
Pisgar State Park ended up being a great place for a family or novice rider. My wife and I rode for 4-5 hrs, coverd most of the place, she really liked it, we both cant wait to go back.

Wide open trails that I could blast down and wide enough for her that she didint have to worry about hitting things.

Good for kids too, saw several there. I would recommend it to anyone unless they were just looking for real technicle stuff, very little of that there.

There are several entances to the park, not all allow ATV's, use the parking areas off of rt 119.

This park is located in south east NH. Winchester/Chesterfield.

Go to there web site to get a trail map, NHPARKS@DRED.STSTE.NH.US

DANVAN
09-07-2006, 10:11 AM
Hopkinton Everett is now open as of today sept 7th, I called the trail bureau yesterday, at 271-3254.

Im gonna try to get out there friday afternoon or sunday with my friend Kevin, if anyone wants to join us for some good riding post here or pm me, or e mail, DANLVAN@VERIZON.NET.

I rode this place a few times last year and it was excellent, technicle for the most part from what I remember. Ive been waiting all year for this park to re-open, its on rt 13 near Weare. Some people refer to it as clough st park.

RidinRed420
09-12-2006, 11:46 AM
Hopkinton Everett is now open as of today sept 7th, I called the trail bureau yesterday, at 271-3254.

Im gonna try to get out there friday afternoon or sunday with my friend Kevin, if anyone wants to join us for some good riding post here or pm me, or e mail, DANLVAN@VERIZON.NET.

I rode this place a few times last year and it was excellent, technicle for the most part from what I remember. Ive been waiting all year for this park to re-open, its on rt 13 near Weare. Some people refer to it as clough st park.

Really?!?!?! I was registering our fourwheelers Saturday and the guy said he had called and about a week ago and they said they were still closed for the season. Thats great news though!! You just made my day!

81 clark racing
09-12-2006, 01:16 PM
hey guys im 16 and live in hudson NH im deff interested in riding. i no of a niice place 2 ride in manchester off of goftstown road. its kinda small but a fun place to go riding 4 a lil bit. theres a huge mudhole, sandpit, power lines, and a sandhill. also i can get 2 those powerline trails danvan was talking about. if any of you guys are interestead in riding pm me. steve

atv35
09-12-2006, 01:42 PM
Make sure you stay on the trails at H-E they are writing tickets and watch the for (w) signs. It means WRONG WAY. Nice place to go.

DANVAN
09-12-2006, 05:38 PM
Yeah, as ATV35 says, they are ticketing, we did the right thing all day, stayed on the trails, had a great day of riding and on the way back to the parking lot, we cut thru this little spot that we were not supposed to be on, cost me $120.00 ticket.

And I also found out there is 35mph speed limit in there. At least he didnt get me for speeding.

RidinRed420
09-18-2006, 09:35 AM
Make sure you stay on the trails at H-E they are writing tickets and watch the for (w) signs. It means WRONG WAY. Nice place to go.

I finally went to H-E yesterday! It was alot of fun, a little hot though.. There were alot of people there, didn't see any one ticketing. The signs were a little confusing in some places, but we figured them out.. We'll be there again next Sunday.

hungus07trx400
07-31-2007, 01:51 PM
I was reading through these old threads and saw DANVAN talking about the Sugar River Trail. I have a house in Newport that is 5 minutes from the Newport Trail head. It runs into Claremont, right along the main road, and you can cross it and go behind Burger King, and the trails keep going up that way. But if you stay straight on that same trail, it keeps going and going all the way up to the Sullivan County trials I believe. I ran into a guy on the trails that said all the stuff that's online is only a small part of whatts actually out there, and it's all Legal to ride, I saw the signs myself. I was riding alone, which isnt smart to begin with, but that's the only reason I didnt keep going. The Sugar River trail is marked for only 8 miles, but I think it is much longer than that if you keep going on all the side trails. There's also a gas station next to the burger king where you can pull right up to the pumps and fuel up.

DANVAN
07-31-2007, 06:24 PM
Thanks for the info Hungus. Maybe if I ever get my quad fixed Ill take a ride up there to check them out.
Caun u give me some driving directions to the town of claremont and the BK? Thanks.

hungus07trx400
07-31-2007, 07:40 PM
If you follow route 10 into the center of town in Newport( Coming from Lempster, Keene, etc), I think it turns into Main St. You Follow that through the little downtown area and you'll see a roundabout. Take a left there and then a quick right to keep going straight. Belknap ave/rd whatever is only about 3 or 4 streets down, there's a small school on it. Turn down there and then turn right into the propane tank yard. Thats where everyone parks, there's always cars and trailers there, especially on the weekends. If you want to go to the Claremont trailhead/Burger King, instead of going straight onto Main st. from Route 10, make a left at the first light you hit off of 10 (You'll see two gas stations, turn on the road between them). Follow that straight and it turns into route 11 towards claremont. It runs right through the center of that town, and you'll see the burger king on the right, and right across the st from it is the trail itself. There are trails that go up behind burger king, and the trail across from it actually keeps going to. From Newport to claremont is only about a 15-20 minute ride. If you go on the trails just watch out cuz a lot of people mountain bike, fish off the bridges, and run. The trail from newport trailhead actually goes through two covered railroad bridges, one of which I think is the oldest freestanding former railway bridge in the world. It's pretty cool.

DANVAN
08-01-2007, 06:51 PM
Thanks a lot. I definatley will be checking these trails out.
They are both legal trails?
Easy or hard?
Im looking for places to bring the wife and kids too. All three of their machines are working, I just need to get all the parts for mine.

hungus07trx400
08-01-2007, 07:41 PM
The 8 miles of the Trail that actually run right along the sugar river are as flast packed as a parking lot. I use this trail in the winter on our snowmobiles and its the same way. The trails behind burger king are pretty hairy in some sections, but its mostly just rocky stuff, not any water crossings or REALLY deep ruts. Im not sure how it is if you keep going, because I turned around. I don't even have skid plates yet! The quads brand new and I didnt wanna beat it up. If you ever wanna go ride and check out some new spots and stuff, I might be interested. Im 23, just got into quads but have ridden dirt bikes and snowmobiles since I was 10. Im going full force, and even gettin a trailer so I can actually start bringing my friends. I've got an 04' 4x4 frontier, but that only fits mine. If any of you guys know anyone selling a trailer that fits 2 quads let me know, I'd be interested. I fogot to mention, yes, they're all legal to ride. These trails are nicely posted, and let you know exactly what can and cant go on them.

DANVAN
08-02-2007, 05:44 PM
excellent, thanks for all the info.
I will want to check them out when my quad is back together and registered. I started ordering parts 2 nights ago. I blew my rear axle carrier apart in may and just getting some time and money to fix it now.

MTDman11
03-29-2008, 08:57 PM
i got a few spots legal some not. mainly north easter mass tho, finally another mass rider!

Groveland Ma north east about 5 mins from nh there are 2 main spots , powerlines were the cops dont care usually and some were they always go out, i ride were they dont really care do a google earth of salem street and lok around for a sand pit in the woods and trails my main spot.

in Georgetown Ma (next town over) there is a little spot not worth traveling 2 on mohawk circle like 1 mile total of little loops i made but they are wide. also on mill street some powerlines with a small pit

Haverhill Ma (next to groveland) google earth Brandy Brow road or sometin like that. SAND PITS GALORE. tons of trails and pits all linked together very noticble on google earth.

western Ma!!!

i just bought into a new camp ground in Royalston. we owna bout 500 acres of trails were they just let the public ride on but there are also trails everywhere. winchendon is next town over and there is a spot with like 5 sand pits or so were lifted trucks drive in with there quads, u can ride in im sure. not to sure of this but i know good riding in royalston and winchendon looking to the 08 season my first time riding there. happy riding if i think of some new spots ill add, throw in some spots i can check out.

im almost 100% sure its legal out here in winchendon / royalston and its right on the line of fitswilliam(spelling?) NH with legal riding there.

happy riding!

Hollywood38
05-18-2008, 06:03 PM
Does anyone ride Echo Lake state park in Berlin??I live an hour away..If so how s it??

81 clark racing
05-22-2008, 06:59 AM
if any of you guys want to ride in hudson i have some good trails that go down by pelham and also out towards tynsbroro. leave right from my back yard and ride the trails and then hop onto the power lines. theres also a bunch of trails off the power lines let me no