PDA

View Full Version : O3 Z400 help needed

bmurray
05-12-2006, 08:38 PM
My buddy just got a Z400. It had to be shipped, so they had to run the gas out of it. Added gas and now we can't get it to start, even with the petcock on Prime. It hit over for about 5 seconds while spraying a shot of carb cleaner in the filter. I think I need to look at his carb. Is there any tricks to start a Z? I posted something about the indicator lights. The green nuetral and the 3rd light is on while trying to start it, (not the reverse). thnaks for any pointers.

BlueZ440
05-12-2006, 08:53 PM
the other light is the Oil light...Make sure it has oil:confused:

bmurray
05-12-2006, 09:03 PM
he said it did and was just changed. Is this a low indicator? will it start with this light on? or is the light on when starting? thanks

YFZ450Ridr
05-12-2006, 10:58 PM
if the key is on and the kill switch is also while its in neutral, you should have the N light(green one) and the oil light(red one). hold the starter down and let it crank, dont touch the throttle too much but if u feel it start to fire give it a little gas.

i keep my petcock on ON. prime is an 'always on feature' and if u tip the quad up, gas flows everywhere. when its on ON gas only flows if the motor is running and just seems more convient to me.

the z400s are VERY cold natured. check the spark plug also. when its cold outside i have to hold the starter down for a good 10-15 seconds before it starts. make sure the choke is on, located on the left side of the handle bars.

bmurray
05-13-2006, 08:19 AM
thanks, great input, later

brapbrap13
05-13-2006, 01:22 PM
mine wouldnt start after i rebuilt it. wat i had to do was take out my spark plug and put a little gas in the cylinder. put the plug back in and it fired right up and has ran fine every since.