PDA

View Full Version : Dirtbike Question. I NEED HELP GUYS

skatrdude20
05-12-2006, 07:11 PM
Alright, I finally got my top end and eveytthing back together. My bike ran good for a while, runs real strong. But it doesnt idle right and I keep fouling plugs. It seems like it might be getting too much gas and fouling. What could this be, Could my reeds be letting to much gas in? Also my rear fender broke and lets more air into my airbox now, Could the jetting in my carb be wrong now that its getting more air? Any suggestions are appreciated, I gotta get my bike running good before tomorrow night!

motox450
05-12-2006, 07:47 PM
well by the sounds of it you are rich on bottom, you may want to go to a smaller pilot jet, and work with your air screw. thats my suggestion

yellowzo3
05-12-2006, 07:48 PM
im with motox...your getting sounds off...if anything i think the airbox getting more air would make it more lean...so go with motox and put a smaller pilot jet in and let us know how it works out

NorCalRacer
05-12-2006, 08:08 PM
Is this the smae bike you just did the rings in? Just wondering, did you stagger your rings?

skatrdude20
05-12-2006, 08:11 PM
Yes this is the same bike. It only had one ring, so how could i have staggered THEM? Im almost sure i did the toppend right. Its just something in my intake, furl setup I think. Becuz the bike runs very strong and pulles very hard. But it just keeps fouling plugs and it letting too much gas in i think?