PDA

View Full Version : Making the CRF clutch perch with hotstart work?

mills_racing
05-12-2006, 07:00 PM
I have heard both that it does and it doesnt take any modifictation to make the crf clutch perch (stock) work on the trx's hot start cable. So if anyone could let me know what it took to make theres work plz let me know, im wanting to get rid of the stock trx clutch perch and black box. If pics are avaliable that would be nice.

N300exJ
05-14-2006, 09:54 PM
I dont have the stock crf clutch lever with hotstart. But i do have a works connection with hotstart quick adjust crf lever on my 450r. What I did was make the trx hotstart cable fit the crf hotstart. All u need to do is cut off that stupid lil black rubber boot thing on the hotstart cable along with that lil plastic thing on the cable as well. Than you need a Barrel adjuster to put on the cable and hook it up to the hotstart lever. Adjust it to take out the slack but dont make the cable tight. It needs a lil bit of movement so it doesnt get hung up(stick open). I would imagine you can do this with a stock crf lever as well. This worked awesome for me. And all i did with the light and shut of switch is put it under the hood. Hope this helps. I dont have pics but if i get a chance ill take some.

laeger2fiddyr
05-15-2006, 05:43 AM
i run a asv pro perch on my 06 trx, i just ordered a crf hotstart cabel for an 04-05 crf dirtbike, works just fine, it was like 15 bux.

400exrider707
05-15-2006, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by N300exJ
I dont have the stock crf clutch lever with hotstart. But i do have a works connection with hotstart quick adjust crf lever on my 450r. What I did was make the trx hotstart cable fit the crf hotstart. All u need to do is cut off that stupid lil black rubber boot thing on the hotstart cable along with that lil plastic thing on the cable as well. Than you need a Barrel adjuster to put on the cable and hook it up to the hotstart lever. Adjust it to take out the slack but dont make the cable tight. It needs a lil bit of movement so it doesnt get hung up(stick open). I would imagine you can do this with a stock crf lever as well. This worked awesome for me. And all i did with the light and shut of switch is put it under the hood. Hope this helps. I dont have pics but if i get a chance ill take some.

Doesnt the light switch just unplug out of the wiring harness? You could just do that.